• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bravus

• olger

• Ted Oplinger

• OzarkWoman

So how soon will the nutties come up with the Gov't made them do it, or Jesuits or something even wackier?

It was just a matter of hours, also, that our media tried to portray the Boston marathon bombing as a partisan right-wing, NRA sponsored thing.

How disappointed our media outlets are that the perps turned out to be...members of that peaceful religion of Islam (again).

Where there was once the attempt to eviscerate again the political Right, now there are attempts to "understand" the Muslim perspective.

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

As events like this increase in frequency and impact - it doesn't matter who is behind them - more and more governments will use them as justifications for eroding our freedoms in the name of increased security until we come to a time of worldwide absolute security (aka fascism), one-world government, a "mark" (be it a subdermal "chip" or hard-copy form of identification) that will be required for all transactions and travel), and the age of the end-time dictatorship. Just signs of the times; folks!

Look at how many of our urban centers are now completely covered by 24/7 video surveillance - complete with sophisticated facial recognition software? You can run; but you can't hide!

It's quite curious to me that many who jump up and down about the second amendment are strangely silent when it comes to arguably more significant rights that have already been taken away.

Like those taken away by the New Deal...the Great Society...creation of the Education department...the EPA...and the list goes on. It didn't start with 9/11 - it accelerated with that event. It wasn't a "Bush event", either - all the US political parties for the last 160 years have had their fingers in that pie.

Like the Patriot Act, some people like to point out the "good" these government Constitutional abrogations have done, all the while ignoring the basic trampling of rights each necessarily makes. Thus, most have their pets they will agree with and defend, all the while decrying those they disagree with as "trampling upon our rights".

No, Laz, I decry the taking away of many more rights than just the 2nd Amendment - like the right to free speech (Ben Carson rejected from giving a commencement speech since he's been "outed" as a conservative), property rights (property taxes, OSHA, and EPA), the right to be secure in our persons, papers, and effects (drone spying, email surveillance, warrantless searches), the right to due process (too many to list), the right to a free press (as opposed to the self-imposed mess passing for journalism today).

How about state's rights? No, that went out with the Civil War. Our states are now mere provinces echoing the federal government to one degree or another. I am a huge fan of dividing up our bloated government and allowing the various states to handle most issues, and returning to the appointing of Senators from the various state's legislatures. Rarely do I hear about those Constitutional features being regarded as "lost" - most "moderates" and "progressives" are indeed strangely silent on those issues.

The list goes on, Laz.

Right now, it is gun control that has been the front and center issue - so one hears much more about that now. But there are many, many more rights issues that are infringed by all 3 major parties here in the US, Laz.

Laz, did you notice the US media's immediate portrayal of the Boston marathon bombing as a partisan right-wing, NRA sponsored thing now? I did. As I related above, how disappointed they are that the bombers turned out to be...members of that peaceful religion of Islam...once again.

And where were you standing, Laz, amidst the political grandstanding the media was making on the 1st (It's the Right - they're terrorists, people!) and 2nd (It's the NRA - they sponsor terrorism, people!) Amendments before the bombers were found out? Strangely silent...

Like Stan referred to in the OP - people all too quickly point to a scapegoat for a favorite conspiracy, whether it is Adventist-flavored (it's the Jesuits/Rothshilds/Emerging Church/<insert favorite here>, people!) or much more politically accepted (it's the Left/Right/<insert favorite here>, people!).

Sometimes, it's just plain ol' evil at work in these last days.

Blessings,

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

OLGER

well thank you for noticing my post

dgrimm60

I noticed it, also, Grimm. You are so very right - the government will use this as a convenient excuse to strip more rights away.

I used Laz's post, though, as it was more specific to the points needed to be made on certain rights issues in play today.

Blessings,

• Members

As events like this increase in frequency and impact - it doesn't matter who is behind them - more and more governments will use them as justifications for eroding our freedoms in the name of increased security until we come to a time of worldwide absolute security (aka fascism), one-world government, a "mark" (be it a subdermal "chip" or hard-copy form of identification) that will be required for all transactions and travel), and the age of the end-time dictatorship. Just signs of the times; folks!

Look at how many of our urban centers are now completely covered by 24/7 video surveillance - complete with sophisticated facial recognition software? You can run; but you can't hide!

You are correct, because as more and more of these events happen, the more the populace will demand more help.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

General comments about 'eroding freedoms'....

1. What DEFINITION is being used for 'freedom'?

2. How long has everyone been plugged into the internet, social media or owned a camera phone?

3. How many people never buy products useing CC's, internet, etc? Or have their name, address and telephone number listed in a phone book?

People clamour to be safe and expect that the powers that be do everything in their power to accomplish that. Oppps, sorry no video surviellence camera's, no satellits, no camera phones, no internet, no tracking of even supposed 'bad people', no drones, no airport checks, etc, etc. We want freedom, what ever the definition, but how often do we gripe , complain or bellyache about the methods used for continueing our freedoms?

The Government is 'using pretences' to take away our 'freedoms', really?? We willing give them away when we live in a community, a city, a state or a country so that everyone has the same right to the pursuit of life! My 'freedom' stops where the next persons begins and when the those around us are threatened.

We went from a tribal way of life to where we are today. Who wants to go back?

Originally Posted By: dgrimm60
OLGER

well thank you for noticing my post

dgrimm60

I noticed it, also, Grimm. You are so very right - the government will use this as a convenient excuse to strip more rights away.

I used Laz's post, though, as it was more specific to the points needed to be made on certain rights issues in play today.

Blessings,

The Deacon nails it !!

bwink

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I am just curious...what is the difference between a government that would mandate a death decree over those who are Sabbath keepers (Great Controversy) and a government that would use MK Ultra (CIA) mind control?

Regards,

Ranger

Having introduced a new term into the conversation stream Ranger, it rests upon you to define the term. How is it similar to or different from the Delphi Method?

rejoice always,

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Administrators

Quote:
The Deacon nails it !!

:like:

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

as the media alarms to people with reports that are scarier and scarier, the authorities naturally step up means for social control. it is like trying to catch butterflies with a tank.

it is the operation of stimulus and response.

every display of people doing "dangerous" things is another wave of the media to alarm the populace, and the political powers that want to be given credit for protecting everyone, and providing more security, authorize more measures, removing rights and promising more safety.

we have a distortion to how we understand the world and world events, it is called the media. Presidents are elected and lost, laws are changed and decisions made in governance because of how the populace is moved via the media.

The fear through the media is mega powerful, and able to create mass demands for changes.

the human race is not necessarily getting any more evil, really bad things have been going on for a long time. we likely have less human sacrifices then we did 2000 years ago. statistically there is less domestic violence, and less child rape. but we cannot see this because we view the world through the lens of the media.

anything is possible with a system of such manipulation.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

So how soon will the nutties come up with the Gov't made them do it, or Jesuits or something even wackier?

So how soon will it be before you and so many others realize that our government does do things and that some conspiracies are not what the government says they are.

BTW, I am not saying that the Boston bombing is or is not. just saying that maybe everyone should realize that the government is not our friend.

HEY ALL

whether the finger blame game has started or not---the GOVERNMENT

will try to use this to take more freedoms away for us

dgrimm60

BINGO!!!!!

Like those taken away by the New Deal...the Great Society...creation of the Education department...the EPA...and the list goes on. It didn't start with 9/11 - it accelerated with that event. It wasn't a "Bush event", either - all the US political parties for the last 160 years have had their fingers in that pie.

Like the Patriot Act, some people like to point out the "good" these government Constitutional abrogations have done, all the while ignoring the basic trampling of rights each necessarily makes. Thus, most have their pets they will agree with and defend, all the while decrying those they disagree with as "trampling upon our rights".

No, Laz, I decry the taking away of many more rights than just the 2nd Amendment - like the right to free speech (Ben Carson rejected from giving a commencement speech since he's been "outed" as a conservative), property rights (property taxes, OSHA, and EPA), the right to be secure in our persons, papers, and effects (drone spying, email surveillance, warrantless searches), the right to due process (too many to list), the right to a free press (as opposed to the self-imposed mess passing for journalism today).

How about state's rights? No, that went out with the Civil War. Our states are now mere provinces echoing the federal government to one degree or another. I am a huge fan of dividing up our bloated government and allowing the various states to handle most issues, and returning to the appointing of Senators from the various state's legislatures. Rarely do I hear about those Constitutional features being regarded as "lost" - most "moderates" and "progressives" are indeed strangely silent on those issues.

The list goes on, Laz.

Right now, it is gun control that has been the front and center issue - so one hears much more about that now. But there are many, many more rights issues that are infringed by all 3 major parties here in the US, Laz.

Laz, did you notice the US media's immediate portrayal of the Boston marathon bombing as a partisan right-wing, NRA sponsored thing now? I did. As I related above, how disappointed they are that the bombers turned out to be...members of that peaceful religion of Islam...once again.

And where were you standing, Laz, amidst the political grandstanding the media was making on the 1st (It's the Right - they're terrorists, people!) and 2nd (It's the NRA - they sponsor terrorism, people!) Amendments before the bombers were found out? Strangely silent...

Like Stan referred to in the OP - people all too quickly point to a scapegoat for a favorite conspiracy, whether it is Adventist-flavored (it's the Jesuits/Rothshilds/Emerging Church/<insert favorite here>, people!) or much more politically accepted (it's the Left/Right/<insert favorite here>, people!).

Blessings,

:like:

You are correct, because as more and more of these events happen, the more the populace will demand more help.

Yep, which is exactly why our own government has no problem creatin any number of problems, just so they can provide "help"{ when the populace demands it.

Apparently this is one of those threads where Ted and I are going to have to agree.

Oh well had to happen sooner or later.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

General comments about 'eroding freedoms'....

1. What DEFINITION is being used for 'freedom'?

2. How long has everyone been plugged into the internet, social media or owned a camera phone?

3. How many people never buy products useing CC's, internet, etc? Or have their name, address and telephone number listed in a phone book?

People clamour to be safe and expect that the powers that be do everything in their power to accomplish that. Oppps, sorry no video surviellence camera's, no satellits, no camera phones, no internet, no tracking of even supposed 'bad people', no drones, no airport checks, etc, etc. We want freedom, what ever the definition, but how often do we gripe , complain or bellyache about the methods used for continueing our freedoms?

The Government is 'using pretences' to take away our 'freedoms', really?? We willing give them away when we live in a community, a city, a state or a country so that everyone has the same right to the pursuit of life! My 'freedom' stops where the next persons begins and when the those around us are threatened.

We went from a tribal way of life to where we are today. Who wants to go back?

I would be more than willing!!!!

• Members

The list goes on, Laz.

Blessings,

Yes your right, its neither Democrat or Republican and its been happening for many years.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

The notion that the creation of the Education department takes away freedom is a little bizarre to me.

Truth is important

The notion that the creation of the Education department takes away freedom is a little bizarre to me.

Really??? Really?! The education system was always supposed to be made up of the local people and up to them how, what and where. Now we have the government involved and they decide and ever since they got involved, the dumbing down of the country has been on the fast track. That takes away freedoms from the local governments and it takes it away from idividuals, which make up the local governments, not to mention the freedoms of a real education that children do NOT receive anymore.