ClubAdventist is back!

Boston Bombers... So how soon

Apparently this is one of those threads where Ted and I are going to have to agree.

Oh well had to happen sooner or later.

in Christ,

Bob

Oh, Bob - really?

And you were doing just so good with that streak... bwink

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bravus

• olger

• Ted Oplinger

• OzarkWoman

Depends on what people define as 'education'! Knowing the truth is not nearly as enjoyable as conspiracies. A lack of education contributes to that type of thinking. Education has always been seen by some as a way of keeping certain types of information from the masses rather than free dissemination. "I only want my children to know what I think is 'correct'" is so dangerous that it makes me think of the dark ages when information was closely controlled.

Again, when religion is mixed with the idea that someone is out to get me or the government is hiding something from me or trying to control me or technology is out of hand, or the environment or etc, etc....never ending, one get erratic thinking processes. Notice I said 'religion' not Christ teachings.

Okay, down off my box, but this mixing of religious systems and....drives me nuts! No wonder people give up on a belief in the Christian God!! Rant-rant...I'm taking a deep breath....feeling better...maybe!!

• Members

Depends on what people define as 'education'! Knowing the truth is not nearly as enjoyable as conspiracies. A lack of education contributes to that type of thinking. Education has always been seen by some as a way of keeping certain types of information from the masses rather than free dissemination. "I only want my children to know what I think is 'correct'" is so dangerous that it makes me think of the dark ages when information was closely controlled.

Again, when religion is mixed with the idea that someone is out to get me or the government is hiding something from me or trying to control me or technology is out of hand, or the environment or etc, etc....never ending, one get erratic thinking processes. Notice I said 'religion' not Christ teachings.

Okay, down off my box, but this mixing of religious systems and....drives me nuts! No wonder people give up on a belief in the Christian God!! Rant-rant...I'm taking a deep breath....feeling better...maybe!!

Excellent post CoAspen, and mix that with posting half-truths, oh yeah what's that called? Gossip and spread that around. Who cares, it really doesn't hurt anyone. Again, excellent post.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

- all the US political parties for the last 160 years have had their fingers in that pie.

I can agree with that. Its surprising that America refers to itself as the land of the free.

Quote:
Ben Carson rejected from giving a commencement speech since he's been "outed" as a conservative

Carson didn't have a "right" to speak at the commencement but he had a right to speak freely and the students didn't like what he had been saying. The right to free speech does not mean that you can't be uninvited.

Quote:
But there are many, many more rights issues that are infringed by all 3 major parties here in the US.

Sure. Fortunately, over the last 50 years American's have enjoyed more rights than ever although since 911 there has been a reversal.

Quote:

And where were you standing, Laz, amidst the political grandstanding the media was making on the 1st (It's the Right - they're terrorists, people!) and 2nd (It's the NRA - they sponsor terrorism, people!) Amendments before the bombers were found out? Strangely silent...

LOL, I seems like during that time you were glued to talk radio. Ultra right Talk radio can really distort the picture of what is being said. Alex Jones is an entertaining man. His hyperbolic exaggeration is unsurpassed.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:
but this mixing of religious systems and....drives me nuts!

Amen, CoAspen the mixing or religion and _____ (fill in the blank) almost always ends in disaster. Isn't it the mixing of religion and government that will bring about the end of this age and the Second Coming of Christ.

Wait .... Second Coming ? That doesn't sound so bad!

A recent movie had a line in it that said "Don't worry - in the end, everything will be OK. If it's not OK yet; it's because it's not the end."

Quote:
Ben Carson rejected from giving a commencement speech since he's been "outed" as a conservative

Carson didn't have a "right" to speak at the commencement but he had a right to speak freely and the students didn't like what he had been saying. The right to free speech does not mean that you can't be uninvited.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Moderators

The students at Johns Hopkins chose to exercise their right to free speech after he exercised his right. He chose to withdraw for the for the sake of the students.

Millions of Americans were given the right to vote in the last 50 years. Are you saying that didn't happen? That's a great achievement. Its ok for you to celebrate that as an improvement in American society unless those rights that were given have been to the determent to American society. Ordinary citizens are freer now that they were at the 1950.

Quote:
It wasn't the likes of Rush, Sean, Mark, and the rest taking out of context what others had said.

How do you know? You don't listen to them. They specialize in taking things out of context and thereby entertaining their listeners. They are preaching to the choir and have to distort reality to give their listeners the red meat they desire. Do you really think that talk radio is better in terms of their tactics than other kinds of media.

Quote:
No, those issues were straight from the unedited lines voiced on TV and radio, and printed for our reading, from your own media outlets like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS ("All Things Considered" had a wonderful hit piece, by the way).

My news outlets? By the sounds of it they seem like yours. It really seems like you get a lot of your information from those same outlets. I don't have much time to catch any of those you cite. You listen to "all things considered"? Wow!

Quote:
Liberals just love to talk about how narrow the conservative mind is, but little exchanges like this, Laz, only cement in place just how narrow and intolerant the modern liberal/progressive mindset is - a classic example of psychological projection and denial.

I certainly don't think conservatives are narrow minded but I think its unfortunate that many have begun to see themselves as victims. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Almost every day right wing talkers blame the media for this or that. It's rather pathetic but rather ironic too.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein