ClubAdventist is back!

Bob Beckel: We Should Stop Giving Student Visas to Muslims

Bob Beckel: We Should Stop Giving Student Visas to Muslims

Katie Pavlich

News Editor, Townhall

Apr 23, 2013 02:29 PM EST

Yesterday on Fox News' The Five, co-host and Democrat Bob Beckel suggested the United States stop giving out student visas to Muslims for a period of time. Video starts at 4:11:

"I think we really have to, given the fact that so many people hate us, that we're going to have to cut off Muslim students from coming to this country for some period of time so that we can at least absorb what we've got."

Shortly after the Boston Marathon bombing last week, immigration authorities admitted they not have the resources to "check up on" all of the student visas they issue in order to confirm recipients are in fact students and going to classes. The bottom line is, DHS should only be issuing as many visas as they have the resources to control. Clearly, that isn't the case now. As a reminder, the 9/11 terrorists carried out their attacks on expired visas. Some of them, were student visas.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I couldn't believe he said it either.

I have always liked Bob Beckel.Often disagree with him,but he is different than other dems

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I have always liked Bob Beckel.Often disagree with him,but he is different than other dems

A little bit, maybe. Sometimes I want to strangle him. :)

A little bit, maybe. Sometimes I want to strangle him. :)

I disagree with him many times,but he seems to be of a different stripe than the Obama suckups.

I like Kirstern Powers as well.Disagree with her as well,but I think she is far more honest than most

• Moderators

You all agree that discrimination on the basis of religion is ok now?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

GP:

First let me say I have no problem believing he would say that, secondly, he is much more fare minded than any of the others. and thirdly, he's the only one of the five that's willing to agree with the other sides thoughts.

And yes Lazarus, pretty interesting isn't it!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Discrimination against religion? No one here is suggesting that, Laz.

Discrimination against actions a certain religion promotes as faith articles, which have deleterious affects upon society? That's fair game in a rational society.

No one has legislated against the various religions which worship Satan or other gods. Yet, should an article of faith in those religions require a living human sacrifice - we still charge them with murder. Discrimination? No - the taking of human life as sacrifice is not viewed as a valid expression of the First Amendment's freedom of religion clause.

Some Native American worship styles involve taking within peyote - or other strong, mind-altering drugs - yet such action is still not covered under the freedom of religion clause of the First Amendment.

Even the Mormons with their teaching of polygamy - it is not covered under the First Amendment.

So why should the Muslim teaching of violent jihad - using wanton, random terrorism (which murders and maims) in pursuit of the scores of Q'uran verses advocating violence against non-believers - be regarded as sacred freedom of religion under the First Amendment, Laz?

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

So what is the problem.They are merely "reaping what they have sown" In this case a direst cause and effect of their behavior

• Moderators

Discrimination against religion? No one here is suggesting that, Laz.

The title of the thread is "we should stop giving student visas to Muslims"

Quote:
Discrimination against actions a certain religion promotes as faith articles, which have deleterious affects upon society? That's fair game in a rational society.

Sure.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

So what is the problem.They are merely "reaping what they have sown" In this case a direst cause and effect of their behavior

Hmmm, I guess they are reaping a suggestion.

Einstein

Hmmm, I guess they are reaping a suggestion.

No,they are reaping what many muslims have sown. It was not a suggestion that caused the Boston Marathon bombing.

It was two muslim brothers that carried out the suggestion and murdered and maimed so many.

The title of the thread is "we should stop giving student visas to Muslims"

Sure.

The US or any country should have a right to decide who is allowed to immigrate to this country.

Followers of Islam are responsible for the majority of attacks

worldwide.This country should not have a right to keep out that segment of the population that has proved over and over to be a danger and to want to kill americans?

Kind of odd how we mustn't discriminate against those that want to come into this country,live off the american taxpayer and kill and maim and yet for the actions of a very few,millions of responsible gun owners are fair game for discrimination