ClubAdventist is back!

Thin Skinned Reporters

Dr. Shane

If you surf around on your radio dial you will know that Thursday chat was all about Helen Thomas' threat to kill herself if Dick Chenney runs for President. I think Glenn Beck was the worst.

Well here is the rest of the story...

HELEN THOMAS ANGRY AFTER 'KILL SELF' OVER CHENEY COMMENTS PUBLISHED

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

But Thomas said yesterday at the White House that her comments to Eisele were for his ears only. "I'll never talk to a reporter again!" Thomas was overheard saying.

"We were just talking -- I was ranting -- and he wrote about it. That isn't right. We all say stuff we don't want printed," Thomas said.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

This is my favorite quote: "We all say stuff we don't want printed" Really? Wow! That is an incredible revelation coming from a reporter.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

"She's obviously very upset about it, but it was a small item -- until Drudge picked it up and broadcast it across the universe," Eisele said.

Still, he noted that reporters aren't that happy when the tables are turned. "Nobody has thinner skin than reporters," Eisele said with a laugh.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

[:"blue"]Regarded as the dean of the Washington, D.C., press corps, reporter Helen Thomas (born 1920) served as White House bureau chief for United Press International (UPI) from 1974 to 2000.

To those who regularly watch presidential press conferences, Helen Thomas was a familiar figure. Usually dressed in red (a tradition dating back to the administration of Ronald Reagan) and always seated in the front row, she was invariably the first or second reporter the president calls upon. It is an honor she earned by virtue of her long and distinguished career in Washington, and it was one she relished. Besides, it afforded her the perfect opportunity to do what she does best--bluntly challenge the president (and other public officials) to tell the plain, unvarnished truth. "We (reporters) are not there to curry presidential favor, nor can we respond to efforts at presidential intimidation," she asserted in her memoir, Dateline: White House. "Our priority is the peoples' right to know. [/]

So this lady, one who is in the know among press reporters conciders Chenny a liar...

Quoting Drudge who quotes her-

Quote:

In a column this week headlined "Reporter: Cheney's Not Presidential Material," Eisele quoted Thomas as saying "The day Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I'll kill myself. All we need is one more liar."

Thomas also said: "I think he'd like to run, but it would be a sad day for the country if he does," according to Eisele's column.

Sounds to me like she knows far more than what she reports or is allowed to report. So, she let it hang out there for all to see.

And shame to Drudge on becoming a tabloid press outlet.

Just my opinion...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Cheney has said many times he will not run for president, so the point is moot.

Childish, melodramatic threats like this one by by Helen Thomas of committing suicide if she does not get her way, have one virtue: they promise that such extreme partisan liberalism is self-limiting.