ClubAdventist is back!

Please Pray for My Mom

JoeMo

Please pray for my mom, Mary. She has had bladder cancer for some time now. Her bladder just ruptured; and she is in surgery.

She's almost 87 years old; and is scared to death of being put in a nursing home or becoming dependent on others; so I don't even know what to pray for. I guess just acknowledging that God knows what is best for her; and that he would do whatever is best for her.

Thanks ...

• Administrators

Have prayed...

Let us know how things turn out...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Will be praying JoeMo. I know how you feel, my Mom also being 87 and will be 88 this August, doesn't want to be in a nursing home, or not being independent, etc.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Yes, JoeMo, have prayed that God will be with her and His will be done. Courage my brother.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Thank you for your prayers! As usual, God came through! My mom is already out of surgery! They managed to repair the bladder without having to remove it or the affected kidney. They put in a permanent shunt from kidney to urethra to take strain off bladder. No organ removal; no serious blood loss, no apperent complications! Doc said if all goes well, she'll be home by mid-week next week!

praise God for His goodness, mercy, and healing grace; and may He bless all of you for your prayers and support! You are my church!

• Administrators

Well, praise God for this happy ending! It's been a good day! :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Praise the Lord JoeMo

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Great News Joe. Praying for more good days ahead for your mom and your family.

I sort of "jumped the gun" on the shunt deal yesterday. They have my mom back in surgery this morning to put in the shunt; so she's not out of the woods yet...

I truly appreciate your prayers and emotional support. You are my church family!

• Members

That's why we're here, to support each other. Thanks for the update.

phkrause

Update:

They were able to repair my mom'r bladder and successfully insert the shunt. Biopsies came back eith no signs of tumors. Dr was clear that does not mean cancer cured; it simply means none was evident in the biopsies.

Regardless, I do not view this as a spontaneous healing or defensive medicine. My mom could have (maybe even should have) died during this event. Your prayers (and those of others) intiated a miracle by God to heal my mom for the time being. Thank you all for being channels for God's healing!

• Administrators

Amen!!! That's what we like to hear!!

Thank You, Father, for Your care for Joe's mom!! We thank You for happy news :) and praise Your name in this :)

• Members

Amen!!! That's what we like to hear!!

Thank You, Father, for Your care for Joe's mom!! We thank You for happy news :) and praise Your name in this :)

Yes Amen to that good news, Lord Jesus

phkrause

• Administrators

So happy to hear the good news ... I know you and your family have joined with your mother in thankfulness and celebration.

One can never have too many prayers ... JMO

Update:

They were able to repair my mom'r bladder and successfully insert the shunt. Biopsies came back eith no signs of tumors. Dr was clear that does not mean cancer cured; it simply means none was evident in the biopsies.

Regardless, I do not view this as a spontaneous healing or defensive medicine. My mom could have (maybe even should have) died during this event. Your prayers (and those of others) intiated a miracle by God to heal my mom for the time being. Thank you all for being channels for God's healing!

Agree and Hallelujah on everything but the "maybe even should have". Prayer does not order God around, God did it and was glad to, I say. He has a well-ordered reason for this saving business--He LOVES your Mom to pieces! (Or more accurately, loves every little piece of her,lol.) And Happy Mom's Day to you and her!

more later

God is truly amazing! After several "complications" over the past week, my mom got som great news - all of her biopsies from the past couple weeks have come back with no signs of malignancies! Her doctors said that her chemo therapy was intended to at best slow the growth of her tumors. She's not out of the woods yest cuz of her age and complications with her surgery from a couple weeks ago - but cancer-free??!! GOD IS SOOO GOOD!!

Whatisthis - you are absolutely correct; God is in the saving business cuz He loves every piece of us!

To all of you who prayed - I consider this a miracle - and you all were God's channel for performing this miracle. Thank you all for praying and believing! And thanks be to God for his answer to prayer and His love and honor in answering your prayers. You can all now claim to have taken part in a miracle healing (if that's not too charismatic of a stance)!

• Administrators

This is the 4th news of a cancer healing I've heard in recent days. Wonderful news!!!

Praising God for lots of things today! He cares for what concerns us and knows us intimately :)

Even if the news is bad, God is still with us. Nothing fazes Him :)

Quote:
Even if the news is bad, God is still with us. Nothing fazes Him :)

Amen, Gail! God is good ... All the time!

Even when we might not think so, God is good!

• Members

Praise the Lord JoeMo

phkrause

I'm glad your mom is doing as well as she is. I know I miss my mom terribly. Now my dad is getting ready to die any day now, I think. But in his case, it will be a blessing. I can't stand seeing him the way he is.

Nobody knows how much he is suffering, because he has been a vegetable for the last several years, and can't talk. The final stages of alzheimers.

• Members

I'm glad your mom is doing as well as she is. I know I miss my mom terribly. Now my dad is getting ready to die any day now, I think. But in his case, it will be a blessing. I can't stand seeing him the way he is.

Nobody knows how much he is suffering, because he has been a vegetable for the last several years, and can't talk. The final stages of alzheimers.

Sorry to hear that RLH, will pray for you and your family.

phkrause