ClubAdventist is back!

A list of SDA offshoots

Arwen

• Administrators
adoh

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Quote:
Is club adventist an offshoot?

it is a forum, a place where people of all kinds of views, converse.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Really short list, so far.

LOL, LOL, LOL . . .

That is SO Funny.

LOL

Okay I will start the list off.

Live for God . . . Love people

The term offshoot is not meant as a derogatory term. So please do not take offence as none is intended.

Some offshoots may support the main SDA Church and some may not.

This list is meant for information, not endorsement or condemnation.

Each believer in Christ has to decide for themself.

• Administrators

How about trying the term, "independent ministry"? Would that work?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

How about trying the term, "independent ministry"? Would that work?

We can use the term Independent Ministry – but according to this link on Wikipedia the term 'independent ministry' also includes things like It Is Written and ADRA, etc.

Not sure that I really want to promote the various'shoots by listing their domain name here. It also gets argumentative as most of them claim to be the real thing, and that GC is the real offshoot..

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

There doesn't seem to be that much interest in them on the whole...

From time to time someone will start a topic on one or the other and people will share their experiences with them.

And we have had our share of people who belong to them join here.

Quote:
most of them claim to be the real thing, and that GC is the real offshoot

Come to think of it, what's the difference between a branch and an "offshoot" except the definition by the Vine?

"“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."John 15:5 NLT

" When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there."Galatians 5:19-24 NLT

Maybe this is more than might be indicated by God as the difference between the "ofshoots" or the "straight and narrow", but does it help to identify possibilities? Maybe not?

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
Come to think of it, what's the difference between a branch and an "offshoot" except the definition by the Vine?

As a person who loves gardening, I can say this...if you have a grape vine or a fruit tree and it grows a new "shoot", there is a BIG difference whether that new shoot comes from the Vine/Tree (above the graft) or from the old root-stock (below the graft).

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Administrators

I think there is a spiritual lesson there somewhere...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

You know if it makes its way to the interweb to be posted it has to be true.

That's because they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

Korah Dathan and Abiram were offshoots.

for a while..

Aren't those the three that had a really bad day that one time? Their movement never really got off the ground, I don't think.

"Down to earth"? In a way, but I think things got so hot for them they became an underground movement...

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• 5 years later...
On 5/13/2013 at 7:30 AM, debbym said:

Quote:
Is club adventist an offshoot?

it is a forum, a place where people of all kinds of views, converse.

Never found the offshoot list!!