ClubAdventist is back!

The Church is the University. The University is the Church.

phkrause

• Members

The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has distributed a 5-page draft of a proposed new policy on the independence of church-owned and operated colleges and universities. (See Spectrum Online, “General Conf. Proposes Policy on Board Independence for Higher Education.”) This document, although couched in diplomatic terms, makes it clear that the church is not willing to compromise the doctrine and theology of its institutions and relegate its faith to a mere expression of tradition.

rest of article:

http://religiousliberty.tv/the-church-is-the-university-the-university-is-the-church.html

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

The issue as it involved LSU is of concern. It is not an easy one. In my thinking, all sides raise some valid points, to include the regional accredliting association.

I wonder, woudol Peabody posit: The Church is the Hospital and the Hospital is the Church? His statement that the Unilversity is the Chruch, to me raises that same question about SDA hospitals.

If he were to do so about our hospitals I beleive that he would be legally incorrect. I do not believe that one could make an arguement that the Church is the Hospital under the provisions of the 1st Ammendmenet and/or other U.S. law.

I think that Peabody oculd make such an argument about SDA Seminaries. I am not certain that he can do so about our colleges and universities. However, I do not belive that such is as clear as it would be about our hospitals.

It may be that the regional accrediting association has gone beyond what is justified under the law, or otherwise. However, that does not mean that everything it rquires is without justification and not appropriate.

It will be interesting to see how the courts decide on the associated issues. The consequences may very well be severe.

Gregory

The way I see this, this is the direct result of taking money from the government. Anytime you do you have to play by their rules. I was wondering when we would really begin to see the government taking the sheaths off their claws and enforcing their rules on things that should be the church's sole domain in a parochial educational system.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

Quote:
The way I see this, this is the direct result of taking money from the government.

We would have to deal with the regional accrediting associations even if we did not take a penny fromt the government.

Would you want us to refuse to accept students who were personally funded by the government, such as veterans who came under th so-called G.I. Bill of rights which pays them money when they attend a school.

NOTE: Current veterans with educational subsidies are coming with partial funding from money that they deposited in their account.

Gregory

• Members
The way I see this, this is the direct result of taking money from the government. Anytime you do you have to play by their rules. I was wondering when we would really begin to see the government taking the sheaths off their claws and enforcing their rules on things that should be the church's sole domain in a parochial educational system.
Begin? This has been going on for many years. NE Memorial Hospital in Stoneham, Mass, finally closed its doors many years ago, just because of this problem. My wife used to work there, in the emergency room. At that time there cafe was known for there vegetarian cooking. A number years after she left, they started taking Government funds, not sure why, but they had to cook meat, which they never did before. Than eventually they for forced to serve pork, etc. Finally closing in 1999.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

1) There are a few hospitals that are able to exist without taking government funds. But, those hospitals are only able to do so becasue their clients are very wealthy and can afford to pay tlhemselves.

2) In general, no hospital can exist unless it is certified to take government funds such as Medicare funds.

3) The content of your post seems to indicate that the cafe was one that served the public. IOW, it was not the internal food service that provided food to patients. Such public cafes wkould have to meet public health standards. But, otherwise there would not be concern as to the food that was served the public. I will suggest that its change to serving flesh foods and then pork occured for other reasons, regardless of what the employees thought.

It should be noted that the current direction in food service to patients in a hospital is this: A company is under contract o provide a restaurant type of meals. Patients order off of a menue and specify the tiem that they are to eat. These menues will be just like a restaurant with a welection of both vegetariana nd non-vegetarian food.

4) Hospitals do depends upon the MDs to admit patients, especially in an area where more than one hospital exists.

SDA hospitals can exist that provide their patients a vegetarian diet. However, in such cases they must provide flesh foods upon the order of a MD.

Gregory

All this comes from a lack of trust in God. Man sees impossibilities. God sees opportunities. Had we as a church just followed God's instructions and His leading He would have worked things out in His own way. Instead we had follow plans of our own devisings and now we're in a real bind. We're right back at the same point we were before. God's putting the same choice right in front of us. Do things His way, or do things man's way.

What are we going to do? That's the question. We'll either go further away from God's leading or finally begin to follow God.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Begin? This has been going on for many years. NE Memorial Hospital in Stoneham, Mass, finally closed its doors many years ago, just because of this problem. My wife used to work there, in the emergency room. At that time there cafe was known for there vegetarian cooking. A number years after she left, they started taking Government funds, not sure why, but they had to cook meat, which they never did before. Than eventually they for forced to serve pork, etc. Finally closing in 1999.

I'm talking about the educational system only. It's reached the point where we'll either have to follow what we know is right, or give up on that completely, and our educational system will become completely divorced from God.

I'm aware of what happened at Stoneham, and I'm in agreement with you there, and with what's been going on in our medical institutions.

I've been watching this for many years and wondering when the government would finally say, to our educational systems, you're taking our money, buying into our system of rating educational organizations, and now we're going to exert our power big time. You're either going to do things our way or we're going to bankrupt you.

God has the answer to the threat, but will we trust Him? He has the answer to supposed "problems". Will we finally look at this from God's perspective, or keep on looking at things from man's perspective? It's a turning point brought on by God. He want's to know who we really worship, and what our mission really is. Are we here to prepare a people to meet God? Or are we here to prepare people to live here on earth?

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Members

I'm talking about the educational system only. It's reached the point where we'll either have to follow what we know is right, or give up on that completely, and our educational system will become completely divorced from God.

I'm aware of what happened at Stoneham, and I'm in agreement with you there, and with what's been going on in our medical institutions.

I've been watching this for many years and wondering when the government would finally say, to our educational systems, you're taking our money, buying into our system of rating educational organizations, and now we're going to exert our power big time. You're either going to do things our way or we're going to bankrupt you.

God has the answer to the threat, but will we trust Him? He has the answer to supposed "problems". Will we finally look at this from God's perspective, or keep on looking at things from man's perspective? It's a turning point brought on by God. He want's to know who we really worship, and what our mission really is. Are we here to prepare a people to meet God? Or are we here to prepare people to live here on earth?

I definitely agree.

phkrause