ClubAdventist is back!

Disillusion with religion

rudywoofs (Pam)

Quote:
In the beginning there was no religion.

Erring, fallible men (and women) created a cacophony of world religions much later.

Quote:
In the end, all religions will be discarded and forgotten.

Studying, practicing, and sharing the key elements of Christ's teachings, rather than riding the roller coaster of man-made religions, is far more likely to give meaning and purpose to our lives.

Religions are artificial constructs steeped in error that often have little in common with the Kingdom of the Stars.

In the beginning was God.

Man was one with God in that harmony existed between God and man.

When man rebelled against God, God sought man.

Religion is man's expression of his need to find God even if man looses focus upon what he is seeking.

Thus true religion comes from God and leads the seeker back to God. All religion apart from God is religion in name only.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifeHiscost

• Gail

• hch

• debbym

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Jesus was sure unhappy with the true religion of His day. The only Organization that had the written truth become so loaded down with the outgrowth of the human ego they could not stomach the living God in their midst.

and we can do the same in our own hearts, in a flash.

we musty have the help of God's Spirit to turn from ourselves to God, or we just fall flat, and can do nothing. Of ourselves we truly can do nothing.

the enemy knew what he was doing to particle by particle destroy the connection between the Jewish people and their source of power to be able to live for God. he is even better at that today.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

I can recall sermons and class lectures that promoted the notion that the on-fire feeling is central to true conviction, but I think that is a mistaken claim that sets people up for disillusionment in the long-term. When the fire abates, it seems like a failure of the religion and of the individual. But I have come to the conclusion that the failure is in selling an idea that is faulty.

I think the "on fire" thing is kind of like the falling-in-love stage of a relationship. It is so intense that it is as though you were the first person to discover and experience the all-consuming feeling--and it seems like it should go on for the next hundred years of the relationship whether that relationship is with a person, a congregation, or with God. But I don't think that human beings are built so that we can maintain that much intensity indefinitely, nor that it would be healthy to do so.

When the fire abates, it doesn't mean the relationship has failed. Rather that you have passed the first phase, and have the rest of your life to explore what comes next.

Quote:
But I don't think that human beings are built so that we can maintain that much intensity indefinitely, nor that it would be healthy to do so.

Maybe the intensity comes with the fact that love is primarily an action word, as opposed to a feeling. Since some/many/most don't follow their first conviction with action, the feeling (fire) goes out, or at least dies down.

"You have patiently suffered for me without quitting.

“But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first! Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the works you did at first. If you don’t repent, I will come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches."Revelation 2:4 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I believe we can often confuse 'religion' and 'christian'. By that I mean we think having a religious belief means the person is a christian. So if we think someone is disillusioned with religion, then they are having a trouble with belief in the christian God. Not so, because in this day and time, for a long time, religion has come to mean a set of beliefs or a belief system. Being disillusioned, when I here the mention, simply means that the persons belief in an organized method is not what they once held too. I see belief in Christ/God being much different.(see below)

Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality.[note 1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that are intended to create meaning to life or traditionally to explain the origin of life or the Universe. From their beliefs about the cosmos and human nature, they tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.[1]

A Christian is a person who adheres to Christianity, an Abrahamic, monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. "Christian" derives from the Koine Greek word Christ, a translation of the Biblical Hebrew term Messiah.[1]

Central to the Christian faith is the gospel, the teaching that humans have hope for salvation through the message and work of Jesus, and particularly, his atoning death on the cross 1Co 15:3 and resurrection 1Co 15:4. (wikipedia)

• Members

I believe we can often confuse 'religion' and 'christian'. By that I mean we think having a religious belief means the person is a christian. So if we think someone is disillusioned with religion, then they are having a trouble with belief in the christian God. Not so, because in this day and time, for a long time, religion has come to mean a set of beliefs or a belief system. Being disillusioned, when I here the mention, simply means that the persons belief in an organized method is not what they once held too. I see belief in Christ/God being much different.(see below)

Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality.[note 1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that are intended to create meaning to life or traditionally to explain the origin of life or the Universe. From their beliefs about the cosmos and human nature, they tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.[1]

A Christian is a person who adheres to Christianity, an Abrahamic, monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. "Christian" derives from the Koine Greek word Christ, a translation of the Biblical Hebrew term Messiah.[1]

Central to the Christian faith is the gospel, the teaching that humans have hope for salvation through the message and work of Jesus, and particularly, his atoning death on the cross 1Co 15:3 and resurrection 1Co 15:4. (wikipedia)

thumbsup

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to the supernatural, and to spirituality...

It bears repeating - All true religion comes from God and leads back to God. Apart from God religion is nothing.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Members

It bears repeating - All true religion comes from God and leads back to God.
With this I disagree.

Apart from God religion is nothing. With this I agree.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

i believe this is called the first love experience, which we have the blessing of recovering,.

like some couples who keep their honeymoon alive through thick and thin.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

I was raised SDA by strong mother, but Father was a drunk. Left the SDAs when I was 21. Came back when I was 30 with strong conversion experience. My faith has not dimmed, but my experience with denominations has left me very tired. I came to believe that our God is NOT a Trinity, and was pretty much shunned out of the SDAs. Tried the Church of God 7th Day. That wasn't bad except that their list of doctrines is really set in stone. They treat it like it came straight from Sinai. And they exclude women from teaching anyone over the age of 12. The SDAs were more accepting of women with the gift of teaching. Now my husband and I live in a very small town in East Texas. Baptists fit in right away, but not Sabbath keepers. I meet with a home study group of about 8 people. They are mostly Hebrew Roots. I feel that movement has incorporated way too much rabbinic tradition but at least they are VERY enthusiastic. My faith has NOT dimmed. I found an outlet for my enthusiasm. I teach on the web: prophecyviewpoint.com. Best of faith to you. Rachel

8thdaypriest

• Members

Welcome 8thdaypriest to C/A

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}