ClubAdventist is back!

Anti-War Puppet?

Dr. Shane

Always consider the source.

Rassmusson poll out yesterday says that 79% of Americans believe success in Iraq is important.

NewsMax which is the opposite extreame from Salon, reported on a ABC News/Washington Post poll.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Seventy-nine percent of those surveyed said Sheehan has had no impact on how they view the Iraq war.

But 10 percent say the tart-tongued Californian, who blames Israel for terrorism and said she wants to curse out the president to his face, has actually made them more pro-war.

A slightly smaller number, 9 percent, said Sheehan's protest helped turn them against U.S. efforts in Iraq, for a net pick-up of support for the Iraq war of one percent.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• Neil D

• there buster

• Bravus

• Moderators

No worries, I always question the source, which is why I mentioned that Salon wrote the text but didn't do the polling. The polling was done by Associated Press-Ipsos, which is not itself a left-leaning organisation.

Of course a high proportion of Americans are going to agree that success in Iraq is important. Success means bringing the troops home, success means it was all worth it. The question doesn't ask whether they think success is likely or possible, and it doesn't ask whether they think the US should have been there in the first place. Heck, *I* think success in Iraq is important, because it stops Iraqis dying and gives them a chance to build a life for themselves.

Truth is important