ClubAdventist is back!

Farmer Acquitted Of Producing Milk Without License

Originally Posted By: Neil D
PLease excuse my reflecting of your words....and RLH...and Bonnie...and Joeb

So, what you are saying is that the State enforces the standards that big business recommends assumably for the public's good ....Right?

Am I to conclude that we AGREE?

Ah, no, Neil.

Big Business lobbies the Big Government to prosecute, and because Big Government's pols love the money and gifts Big Business showers over them, Big Government does Big Business' bidding by going after Small business, who doesn't have that "special relationship" with Big Government that Big Business does...because both the Bigs are bed partners who mutually please one another.

Big Business love having Big Government around, to eliminate the competition, and Big Government loves Big Business, in that Big Business can afford to keep Big Government well-monied.

Neither work for the public's good, Neil.

In the Wisconsin dairy case; the farmer was not pawning off raw milk as a pasteurized product (against state and federal regs); he sold clearly communicated raw milk.

He also didn't sell to the general public; he sold only to a select clientele who knew exactly what they were buying, and were buying it specifically because it was raw.

Big Dairy thought this might be an idea which could eventually undercut its pasteurized milk business; thus, it was deemed necessary to step upon freely conducted business "in the name of public safety"...which was demonstrated was a crock of a motive in the first place, so then the production license angle was tried. Again, this was rejected by the people.

Neil, you really don't understand the true nature of the relationship between big business...each and every Big Business...and your beloved Big Government, do you?

You mean....*I* didn't say that????

I thought I had.....

Nevertheless, in this case, are YOU implying that Big Business should dictate policy thru Big Government and what the State should uphold or are you lamenting that Government should look out for the 'little guy' and standards be damned?

Does this mean that you are more interested in Big Business providing people to be appointed to government positions favorable to Big Business....or does this mean that you prefer the independent little guy, whose radical methods that are enviormentally friendly/socially justified are documented safe for the public under conditional conditions?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

You mean *YOU* were saying just what I was saying, but in different words?

There's *HOPE* for you yet, Neil!! You're beginning to think *JUST.LIKE.ME* bwink

Blessings, brother!

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

There's *HOPE* for you yet, Neil!! You're beginning to think *JUST.LIKE.ME* bwink

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: Ted Oplinger

you do know, there are two sides to a coin [actually, three...but I will stick to the larger issues]....

And in keeping with this premise, I CAN NOT be thinking like you....because if I were, you would have understood ME the first time..... gah

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan