ClubAdventist is back!

Spiritual Formation as taught by Ministry Magazine

Stan

Here is the 4 pages about Spiritual Formation as taught by Ministry Magazine folks. The former head of that was outed as a Jesuit for doing this.

post-2-14096746045_thumb.jpg

post-2-14096746046_thumb.jpg

post-2-140967460466_thumb.jpg

post-2-140967460468_thumb.jpg

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gibs

• Gail

• Patrick Lawrence

• debbym

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Here is the 4 pages about Spiritual Formation as taught by Ministry Magazine folks. The former head of that was outed as a Jesuit for doing this.

By someone respectable?

LD

LD

LD

It is often by those who have left the Church, joined some kind of offshoot, and then make posts all over the place of all the corruption in the Adventist Church.

BUT everyone sounds credible on the net.

• Administrators

LD

BUT everyone sounds credible on the net.

orly Sure They do!? smileybwink

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Does it matter if the one doing the ousting was a respected hierarchy or not?

What matters to me is, who thinks it was right and who thinks it was wrong?

Yes, for me I find it was right that he be ousted. And any others that bring in such of which there is more.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

I would not say he was ousted, but outed.

Most of the noisemakers really do not come to Church, and like to slam the Church and make it loose credibility, you know wolves in sheeps clothing kind.

• Administrators

Quote:
Yes, for me I find it was right that he be ousted. And any others that bring in such of which there is more.

gibs, help me here,

help me see what page and paragraph you do not agree with. i really want to understand.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Administrators

I am glad ministry magazine is focusing on healthy and good spiritual formation.

the hysteria about it does go on and on.

That there is false spiritual formation, calls for some effort to point out the true.

it is not rocket science, anyone can figure it out real easy. this link is from 2012 when this stuff that was in error was making a popular rise, and yes also with members of the SDA church.

ministry magazine exposing dangers of spiritual formation

whatever happens in the world, also happens in the SDA Church. This should be the biggest argument yet that we are not a cult, with mind control and coded uniformity. lol

And let be reminded, God so loved the world.... and still does...

deb

Love awakens love.

I would not say he was ousted, but outed.

Most of the noisemakers really do not come to Church, and like to slam the Church and make it loose credibility, you know wolves in sheeps clothing kind.

O, Lord, let's not go down that subject path again...last time got locked up in a bad way...

As for this particular article - I did read it, and it is full of good counsel. I think the minister got the short end of the stick on this, in that those opposing this article's content have allowed others to co-opt the defining of "spiritual formation" - and they now dance to that definition.

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

For many years Stan and my grandfather was in the Millerite movement and he was a colporter and printed up Sabbath school lessons and preached.

The first SDA church I was a member of was a pure true one. When a preacher came and spewed any error he was met at the front door and straighened out or he didn't come back.

Spiritual Formation is not Adventist but from the occult and came into Adventism with it's wrapper, kosher OK, but is almost word for word from Ignatius Loyola.

Is the Catholic Church merging protestantism back? Yes! Emerging Church and oh we are one! The present Pope thinks he will get Adventism merged and in some ways already is.

Truth is, NLP, Lab 1,2, and 3 and the trinity came in and then saved in sin theology and now emerging church and all that is with it.

How can these things be ousted if the people, who are the church don't stand up against it?

It can't now as those who saw long ago it would not and started home churches all over the world. Those left in it are "team players" with whatever the hierarchy brings in as kosher.

I ask, how can a true SDA be a corporate one? I can't use the name in this world as it is now a corporate name. But is God's church a worldly corporation?

Yes the church could be cleaned up if ALL MEMBERS would demand it, but we know it will not be!

I belong to the Church that Jesus Christ built upon Himself and the Apostles ordained of Him and were not all these of SDA belief. Yes, and I am too, but not of the Corporate name.

My stand is rooted and grounded in the Rock and my time now on earth is short and will stand solid with Him til my time is up.

1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Spiritual Formation is not Adventist but from the occult and came into Adventism with it's wrapper, kosher OK, but is almost word for word from Ignatius Loyola.

Gibs, I think you just provided the exact example needed to demonstrate what giving credence to a co-opted definition is all about, with those words. We are definitely to be all about discerning truth from error...but I think it would behoove us as well to both discern the TRUE definition of Spiritual Formation (as God defines it in His Word) AND not get our emotions all wadded up when one of our tries to do just that. Giving a knee-jerk reaction to something Satan has co-opted and re-defined also provides Satan the very thing he desires in us - division and strife.

Where did Ignatius Loyola take the idea of "Spiritual Formation" from? He took what God had placed in His Word, then twisted it away from God's definition. Are we now so afraid of words we won't stand up and restore God's defining back to them?

Food for thought there, brother....

Blessings,

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Administrators

Quote:
Yes the church could be cleaned up if ALL MEMBERS would demand it, but we know it will not be!

I belong to the Church that Jesus Christ built upon Himself and the Apostles ordained of Him and were not all these of SDA belief. Yes, and I am too, but not of the Corporate name.

21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men.

23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:

24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God.

Gib there is true spiritual formation and false spiritual formation.

in true spiritual formation one does not make peace with sin, but Christ is in the heart and gives victory over selfishness by principle.

in false spiritual formation one experiences a power in their life that does not make war with sin and self, but makes peace with it by principle.

deb

Love awakens love.

Ted,

It is wise for the true follower of Christ to stay well clear of any semblance of any teachings of the ones in absolute error.

Even using their titles for it makes it uncouth. Let us follow Jesus's Words not theirs.

Let's just have straight talk and straight Bible without any man's swing on wording and meanings.

We have no need to borrow of any of that, but a need to stay clear completely of any "smell" of it!

1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

• Administrators

I agree with Ted (and the others).

Gibs, I know that Scripture memorization is a Biblical spiritual formation (helping to form my spiritual life) because the Bible says, Thy word, O God, have I hid in mine heart that I might not sin against thee. It is Psalm 119:11

What is your idea of Biblical spiritual formation- the TRUE, not the counterfeit? For there to be a counterfeit, there has to be a true.

It is there, actually there are quite a few which are IN Scripture. Do you know what they are?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Deb,

The only true Spiritual formation will only come to those who have received His Spirit of Truth, the Comforter sent of God.

These will have True Christian Unity as they are guided into "ALL" Truh by Him!

Out with their title "spiritual formation" let's opt for "The True Christian Unity" that only comes from Him and those who receive it will be as they are guided of Him into "ALL" Truth!

His Church has this "True Christian Unity." It has never fallen since He built it when here with us. He said it wouldn't and it has not, I am in it!

Quote:
Even using their titles for it makes it uncouth. Let us follow Jesus's Words not theirs.

So...as Ted has suggested and you are ignoring, your right, anything that is co-opted must then be avoided according to you? Everything you do in life has been co-opted in some perverse way at some point in time. How can you go on living? Satan was the first co-opter, claiming to equal with God and calling Him a lier. Since Satan has co-opted the role of God on earth, should you not stay away from anything having to do with God? Ridiculous, I agree!!

Live not in fear, trust God!!

Gail,

The same answer to you as to Deb above as "True Christian Unity" is the one to strive for and can only be had in Him and by His Spirit of Truth.

1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

CoAspen,

I will look to co-opt it from Him in the cases of True Christian Unity as that alone is the only source it can be had by.

I will not co-opt anything from the false teachers of which this world which is loaded to breaking down the wagon with!

1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Stan, isn't it a fact that at times the Lord has no other choice but to take some away from the assemblies of men in order to teach them His message? The Lord puts them away from the "priests and rulers" that they might not be influenced by their spirit and teaching. I wonder why that is? do you know? :)

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

• Moderators

The phrase, "Spiritual Formation" is a vague topic until the words are defined by the person presenting the topic. We can't jump all over someone for using that terminology just because someone has defined it to fit their purpose in a way that raises the fur on our backs. The worlds are not the key; the meaning and practice defined by those words are what matters.

LD

"Spiritual Formation" and "Spiritual Exercises" are coined terms by whom?

Why borrow from "whom" when He sent His Spirit the Comforter to guide into ALL TRUTH.

Then dear folks, you have The desired True Christian Unity and your mind exercised by His Spirit and not another.

Let us go to the fountain of all truth and be exercised only of His Spirit which He sent for this purpose. Let us not go elsewhere and be caught in a web of deceptions which the Wily Foe is a master of fooling men.

He gave us this promise!

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 15:26 ¶ But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

The phrase, "Spiritual Formation" is a vague topic until the words are defined by the person presenting the topic. We can't jump all over someone for using that terminology just because someone has defined it to fit their purpose in a way that raises the fur on our backs. The worlds are not the key; the meaning and practice defined by those words are what matters.

And folks, we have our winner!

Sums up exactly and nicely what I proposed above!

Blessings,

The only one to take "Spiritual Anything" from is from His Very Own Spirit sent as the Comforter for that precise purpose and that purpose is a wonderful promise! I love it!

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 15:26 ¶ But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: