ClubAdventist is back!

Before Russell Crowe was a Gladiator.....

Stan

(Note where it is says Priests understand they either mean Pastors or members)

Ananova: 

Russell Crowe makes young Australians turn to religion

Hundreds of Australians have become priests of a religious group thanks to Russell Crowe.

Crowe stars in a video which helps encourage young people to become ministers in the Seventh Day Adventist Church.

In the video, commissioned by the church, Crowe plays a farm worker who decides to devote his life to the Christian group.

Crowe made the film when he was just 18 and a struggling actor in his homeland. It is used to encourage youngsters to give up a normal life and devote themselves to the religious group.

Crowe admits he made the movie to gain experience: "I didn't have anything official showing I had studied this art form," he said.

"I thought the only way to combat this is just to do as much as you can. You do work in as many mediums as you can, you do everything until you've learned from that.

"So I did what I could for it, whether it was a training film for the Seventh Day Adventist Church, a television commercial or just stuff to get in front of the camera."

Church member Russell Gibbs worked as Director of Photography on the film, which was called A Very Special Person.

He says Crowe's involvement has been instrumental in encouraging people to join the church.

"It was shown in colleges and high schools to encourage people to become priests. He actually spoke to real ministers in researching for the role and admitted he found the whole thing very interesting."

Copied from

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_252338.html

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 6 years later...
  • Administrators

Well, good! We can always use more priests!!!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Me neither dgrimm. Maybe its nothing but words they can't air, so they had to bleep out the whole thing. :):):):):) Probably just a technical problem of some kind. So I wonder what happen to him, or maybe that's why he is the way he is today. :):):)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I believe there was a copyright issue with the audio - a song used or just different rules for audio vs video - that meant the audio was removed from the version of the video on YouTube. Maybe Stan can track down an intact copy through the secret networks in Adventist media...

Truth is important

• 2 years later...
  • Members

That was cool1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}