ClubAdventist is back!

Car trouble, anyone have a suggestion?

Norman Byers, N.D.

I have a 4 cylinder 92 Camry that someone gave us and he said it has a blown head gasket. I started the car and took off the radiator cap and no bubbles, a good sign! I decided to take the valve cover off it today to see what I'd find there. The 1st thing I found was the Spark plug boot on the left cylinder was broken which explained the rattling noise I heard below 2000rpm and the sluggish response. I thought maybe that's all that was wrong with it and all I needed to do was get the broken boot out of the hole, then take out the plug and buy a new set of wires and boots.

That was not the way it went. The next 3 plug boots also were melted and broke when I took them off the plugs. Then when I got the valve cover off I saw the dreaded milky color liquid that I was hoping was not there. That's telling me that oil and water have successfully mixed where it should not have.

I now need to get the hardened melted plastic boots out of the holes where the plugs are in order to get the plugs out and unfortunately take the head off.

The unconditional pardon of sin never has been, and never will be. PP 522

The good news is that I can see the top part of the spark plug, so I may be able to grab that and hopefully be able to take the plugs out then I wouldn't have to mess with getting the boot out as it would come out with the boot.

Now, what tool?

• Members

Wow Norman, sorry to hear this. Yeah, tools, tools, tools, that's the biggest problem with fixing cars, stuff in general.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I tried to post a pic of the plug boots after I got them out and for some reason it's not letting me post them and it's smaller than the allowed size. but if you go to my facebook page you'll see them there.

I actually got them out using an old metal broom handle that I cut on an angle. I was able to twist it back and forth and tap it with a hammer till it hit bottom. Then I used a modified vacuum cleaner attachment to suck the pieces out till I could get the spark plug socket over the plug and pull it out. Them I vacuumed what was left in the hole.

took a long time but I finally got it.

thanks for posting the picture for me.

when I say I got them out I mean the pieces that broke off after getting what you see in the pic off.

Norman

• Members

Great!!! I'm betting you prayed.

If he hadn't I have him covered. Or I should say God's does. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Prayer was definitely a part of this process. :)

You did an amazing job in getting those things out; and the method you devised is nothing short of genius! Well done! And worth remembering for the next clunker I get with any similar problem!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ