• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazarus

• olger

• John317

Lazarus,

The woman from Florida that you referenced. This from the Huffington Post:

"A judge threw out Alexander's "stand your ground" self-defense claim, noting that she could have run out of the house to escape her husband but instead got the gun and went back inside. Alexander rejected a plea deal that would have resulted in a three-year prison sentence and chose to go to trial. A jury deliberated 12 minutes before convicting her."

There is more to this case than you realize, including a subsequent assault by Marissa on her husband that led to another arrest.

Here is a copy of the court filing:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/89763383/States-Motion-in-Opposition-of-Defendants-Motion-for-Immunity

rejoice always,

`G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members
It would be a shame for people to riot over this, but I'm sure the government's been preparing for it based on some people's reactions to jury decisions in the recent past.
As far as I know and from what I have heard from most of the news stations, there hasn't been any. Actually the only group that has said anything to that effect has been the New Black Panther's. Lots of other outragious remarks though on both sides. It would be interesting to find out which news outlet started this nasty roumer.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

MLK believed that a man should be judged by his character, and not the color of his skin.

The exact opposite of what Sharpton and Jackson stand for. To them, the color of the skin is the ONLY thing that matters. And racism pays their bills.

• Moderators

I predict Zimmerman's actions will come back to haunt him, for many years. He may have to go into hiding in some communities because he'll be afraid of backlash. He'll never be a truly free man, regardless of the jury's verdict.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

Lazarus,

There is more to this case than you realize, including a subsequent assault by Marissa on her husband that led to another arrest.

I think you mean "than YOU realize". What did you actually read in the court documents? Did you read the "victim's" testimony?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

I predict Zimmerman's actions will come back to haunt him, for many years. He may have to go into hiding in some communities because he'll be afraid of backlash. He'll never be a truly free man, regardless of the jury's verdict.

Yup.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Yes, the action of saving his own life has already come back to haunt him. He should have just let himself get beat to death and be done with it.

If Zimmerman Was Black

Written on Monday, July 15, 2013 by Marilyn Assenheim

The tidal wave of commentary generated by the George Zimmerman acquittal is overwhelming. According to famed, leftist attorney, Alan Dershowitz, the Zimmerman trial should never have occurred in the first place. We are led to believe that the entire black population and the right-thinking white community, sensitive to “the struggle,”is on board. Everyone with a soapbox is invested in ginning up a manufactured sense of racial discrimination. There is racial discrimination evident but it is George Zimmerman and, by extension, the rest of America that is being victimized.

The response to Zimmerman’s unanimous acquittal is, unfortunately, predictable. Sabers are being rattled, pitchforks and torches are being brandished with varying degrees of malevolence. Beyonce called for a minute of silence during her concert on Saturday. New York Giants wide receiver, Victor Cruz, actually Tweeted a threat: “… Zimmerman doesn’t last a year before the hood catches up to him.”Miami Heat star Dwayne Wade Tweeted that he was “stunned” by the verdict and “saddened as a father.” He added “How do I explain this to my young boys????” Recognition that the black community is constantly being played might help him.

Opinions such as these have been inflamed and distorted for decades by threats, posturing and the manufactured outrage of race pimps like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Racism has become an enormous business, solidly-entrenched. The presumption of racism has been carefully cultivated. It is pervasive and has transformed society. Marinated in victimization, the aggrieved are further egged-on by celebutards and the media. Because the Zimmerman verdict was delivered on a weekend, The MSM’s reaction has been particularly irresponsible. Christina Silva, a hack for the Associated Press, Tweeted “So it’s okay to kill teenagers now? Just checking.” Dismayed, the AP attempted to cut bait; Silva, they claimed, was just a part-timer and “hadn’t worked for (them) lately.” Not quite. Silva’s latest AP byline had appeared on July 5th.

Demands for ever-more discussion of race, by the media, have already begun. What they are not demanding is an honest discussion of race. Threats, accusations of racial discrimination and assertions that the “system” has let down the black community are endemic; how the mutation of fact into a pervasive sense of affliction endures, is the subject that should be addressed. It won’t be. Political correctness, at work for decades, has resulted in a death-grip on entitlement, indisputable and unassailable. The result is a perversion of the law, creating a profound rift in society.

Florida State has a Stand-Your-Ground law on the books. Anyone is permitted to defend themselves with deadly force if they feel their lives are being threatened. Like it or not, that is the law. Martin was not the “child” pictured in old photographs the media and race baiters peddled to drum up compassion. Sanford police reported Martin’s height at 6 feet and his weight at over 160 pounds. The prosecution presented abusive witnesses that gave false testimony. Instead of generating perjury charges, the public was practically commanded to sympathize with them. The black community, long indoctrinated in a policy of “If I say it, it must be true,” is not expected to regard the law as something that pertains to them. Political correctness sanctions accusations and behaviors that, from the majority of Americans, would be considered racist; unacceptable and illegal.

This regime has conferred a fresh stamp of legitimacy upon the concept of black victimization. In the wake of an unfavorable verdict, the NAACP has insisted that Eric Holder pursue a “civil rights” case against Zimmerman. The Justice Department felt no such pressure when Black Panthers threatened white voters. Black on white violence goes unreported and unprosecuted. Black on black crime, as is constantly on display in Chicago, is considered too racist to mention. Black rioting in California because of the Zimmerman verdict, however, is tolerable. The double-standard is the norm.

Zimmerman’s attorney stated that if George Zimmerman had been black he would never have been prosecuted. Not PC, perhaps, but true, nonetheless. Racial injustice is being perpetrated against the black community…it just isn’t originating from the proffered source. And as long as the politically correct Kool-Aid is offered and drunk, there is no chance of change.

http://patriotupdate.com/articles/if-zim.../#ixzz2ZAG5Bmpn

If George Zimmerman had been black and his victim had been white, or half white, half hispanic, he would be in prison right now, probably on death row.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

If George Zimmerman had been black and his victim had been white, or half white, half hispanic, he would be in prison right now, probably on death row.

The results would of been similar to this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/23/nyregion/23trial.html?_r=4

if not worse.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

if not worse.

Wow! Didn't know about this case. This illustrates the reality Kountzer.

Einstein

• Members

I recall that. Sad very sad

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Jury woman speaks out; says race was not an issue in either the shooting of Trayvon Martin or the jury decision:

http://news.yahoo.com/-juror-says-zimmer...-010659567.html

Do you agree with her?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Kountzer

if not worse.

Here's a major difference between the cases:

About Mr White's conviction, the article says, "He cited trial testimony that indicated that Mr. White fanned the gun menacingly at each teenager and that Daniel did not lunge, but rather defiantly slapped the gun away, with Mr. White retraining it on him, then shooting him point-blank in the face."

It apparently was not shown that Mr White was in fear for his life or defending himself against great bodily harm at the moment he shot the young man in the face.

George Zimmerman, on the other hand, was underneath Trayvon Martin who was beating George's head, and therefore he had a reasonable cause to believe he would continue to be punched and hurt if he didn't use the pistol.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Legally, there was no reason to find Zimmerman guilty because the prosecution was unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman was guilty as charged.

Originally Posted By: lazarus
Legally, there was no reason to find OJ guilty because the prosecution was unable to prove beyond reasonable doubt that OJ was guilty as charged.

But there are important distinctions to be made between the two cases:

Zimmerman was charged with second degree murder, and while we know Zimmerman's gun took the life of Trayvon Martin, there was strong evidence presented which showed that Zimmerman was defending himself against further attack. I don't think there's any reasonable doubt that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman. That was the testimony of the man who was closest to the fight. This was also the decision of the jury.

On the other hand, OJ was charged with first degree murder, lying in wait for his ex-wife, cutting her throat and killing Ronald Goldman; and most people who watched the trial were convinced the evidence showed without question that OJ Simpson committed the murders. No one who watched the case week after week and witnessed the end of the trial and its aftermath can reasonably deny that race was an issue in the decision of the jury in that case. Even your own words here imply that you believe Simpson was actually guilty of murder: "Thankfully, George Z will eventually meet justice like along the way just like OJ did."

If OJ was not guilty of murder, then what happened to him in Las Vegas would have been a travesty of justice, but you say that OJ met justice by what happened there. That could only be if you believe he was guilty of murdering his wife and Ron Goldman. And I agree with you, and so did the jury in the civil case brought against him.

• Moderators

What do you think?

I think he makes some good points, and I know a lot of black Americans will agree with him.

• Moderators

I think the main thing here is to avoid anyone else getting hurt. I'm afraid all this talk about seeking revenge on George Zimmerman could result not only in Zimmerman's death but in the death of many other people. That's why I agree with President Obama, we're a nation of laws and the jury has spoken, so let it go.

Threats on zimmerman's life are mostly media hype. I highly doubt anyone wants to really risk their life to hurt him or his family. Threats have been made but they are empty threats.

The only time I ever here about the new black panther party is when I read about them here in this forum. I last heard about them a year and a half ago when this case first made the news, and I live in the black community.

There is supposed the be a chapter of the NBPP here in town. I never see or here them, except when the media decides to make them look larger than life.

If they have that small an impact in their supposedly base community, I doubt seriously if they have the power or guts to do anything to G Zimmerman.

Frederick Douglass

Originally Posted By: olger
What do you think?

I think he makes some good points, and I know a lot of black Americans will agree with him.

One look at this clown tells me all I need to know about him.

First he is nonchalantly smoking a big stinking cigar. That connotes un concern and indifference to me. Then he's hiding behind a big pair of sun glasses, and a steelers football cap because he is a coward.

Then he has the temerity to tear down a black elected official in the back ground. It is the crabs in a barrel mentality like this guy that is the root of the problem. At least the elected offical had courage enough to step up.

The clown in the football cap probably doesn't have have the education or back ground to run for city dog catcher, much less anything else.

If it were not for some bigot with a video recorder no one would ever know this guy existed.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

Sure hope you're right.

I just know how easy it might be for some kid to get it into his head to make a name for himself by taking out Zimmerman. If that were to happen, how many others could die?

Seems like there's no end to the cycle of suffering and killing.

This too shall pass. According to prophecy you ain't seen nothing yet.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

I'm not sure it's just media hype, though. I wish it were. I think the evidence, though, shows the threats are real.

Look at what the parents say they've experienced since the end of the trial:

Quote:
George Zimmerman immediately went back into hiding after being acquitted of murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, his parents told Barbara Walters in an exclusive interview with ABC News, adding that they haven't seen him since he left the courthouse.

The Zimmermans said that because of "an enormous amount of death threats," they, too, have remained in hiding and still don't feel safe enough to return to their home in Orlando, Fla.

Two days after a Florida jury found their 29-year-old son not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the death of Martin, 17, Zimmerman's parents, Robert Zimmerman Sr. and Gladys Zimmerman, sat down for their first television interview. They opened up about how their son's murder trial has affected their family and how he and they are struggling to cope with the aftermath.

"Under the circumstances, we have not been able to talk to him," Gladys Zimmerman told Walters. "To tell you the truth, we don't trust anything, not even the phones."

"We have had an enormous amount of death threats. George's legal counsel has had death threats, the police chief of Sanford, many people have had death threats," Robert Zimmerman said."'Everyone with Georgie's DNA should be killed' -- just every kind of horrible thing you can imagine."

http://gma.yahoo.com/zimmermans-parents-...topstories.html