ClubAdventist is back!

George Zimmerman Verdict

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: John317
It would be a shame for people to riot over this, but I'm sure the government's been preparing for it based on some people's reactions to jury decisions in the recent past.
As far as I know and from what I have heard from most of the news stations, there hasn't been any. Actually the only group that has said anything to that effect has been the New Black Panther's. Lots of other outragious remarks though on both sides. It would be interesting to find out which news outlet started this nasty roumer.

More than rumor, I'm afraid, pk. Check this out:

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Protesters ran through Los Angeles streets Monday night, breaking windows, attacking people on sidewalks and at one point raiding a Wal-Mart store, while others blocked a major freeway in the San Francisco Bay Area in the third night of demonstrations in California over George Zimmerman's Florida acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Thirteen people were arrested after multiple acts of vandalism and several assaults in Los Angeles' Crenshaw District, Mayor Eric Garcetti and Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference.

Garcetti and Beck didn't elaborate on the assaults or any injuries, but at least one man could be seen in the street with a head injury.

More than 300 officers were called to the scene and were at first slow to directly engage protesters in an attempt to allow a peaceful end to the demonstration, Beck said. But the chief said police would take a much stricter posture in the coming nights.

"This will not be allowed to continue," Beck said.

For the rest of the sad story, see: http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-protesters-raid-la-store-075210080.html

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazarus

• olger

• John317

If 4 or 5 black teens walked up to a white families house in the middle of the night,

and demanded that their son come out and fight, at least two of them would of been shot dead, the others would be in prison.

Some stand your ground law would be invoked and the case would never make it to

A grand jury, much less to court.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Members

Jury woman speaks out; says race was not an issue in either the shooting of Trayvon Martin or the jury decision:

http://news.yahoo.com/-juror-says-zimmer...-010659567.html

Do you agree with her?

I can buy that John, but I think there is a real fine line. And the other thing that was interesting, is, she even says that GZ step over the line! I wonder what that means?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Just because she says race was not a factor doesn't

mean that is true. She probably been coached on what

to say.

Frederick Douglass

For the record: I am one of two blacks that visit

This forum. I wonder why there aren't more? Hmm.

I've never been to jail.

I've never been in a riot.

I've never been in a civil rights demonstration, peaceful or otherwise.

I don't carry a gun

When trouble comes I pray my way out

Of it.

I seldom watch CNN.

I watch Fox News even less.

I listen to about one or two minutes of Al sharpton

A month, if that much.

I don't use drugs, I don't drink.

I don't gang bang. Too old.

I haven't killed anyone, black or otherwise, hopefully I

Never will.

Frederick Douglass

This forum. I wonder why there aren't more? Hmm.

I've never been to jail.

I've never been in a riot.

I don't carry a gun

When trouble comes I pray my way out

Of it.

I seldom watch CNN.

I watch Fox News even less.

I listen to about one or two minutes of Al sharpton

A month, if that much.

I don't use drugs, I don't drink.

I don't gang bang. Too old.

I haven't killed anyone, black or otherwise, hopefully I

Never will.

And this should make me think you're different than the average(normal), educated black man? Why?

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Just because she says race was not a factor doesn't

mean that is true. She probably been coached on what

to say.

Huh? Can't trust anything whitey says? She must be lying if she says race wasn't involved?

Did you hear the CNN interview with the black gal who was on the phone with Trayvon before the altercation that led to his death? She says nothing about race being a factor. She told Trayvon that Zimmerman was probably a gay rapist who was stalking him. Shortly after that conversation the fight started.

Alexis de Tocqueville

For the record: I am one of two blacks that visit this forum.

How do you know that? Is there a poll on here somewhere or somfin??

How many women, men, blacks, whites, Chinese, Russian, Asian, fat skinny, fit, average, ages... where's all this info at?...

I'm white and extra hairy - How many hairy white guys we got on here??

I've been to jail, but only to preach and bail friends out.

I've been in a riot/celebration and helped tear down a goal post once! Was on TV and everything!!

I don't carry a gun, but man I'd like to :) One on each hip!!

When trouble comes I pray my way out of it.

I never watch CNN. It makes me too mad.

I watch Fox News sometimes, but not much.

Who's Al Sharpton?

I don't use drugs... well, prescription occasionally, but seldom. Don't like to take medicine.

I don't drink... well, not anymore anyway.

I don't gang bang... well maybe once, but that was a long time ago.

Never killed anyone, but have been mad enough that I've tried to several times, with my bare hands, when I was young and ignorant and would fight for any stupid reason... just being honest.

Sooo... how many hairy white guys on here?... maybe we can start a gang?

Originally Posted By: Kountzer
For the record: I am one of two blacks that visit this forum.

How do you know that? Is there a poll on here somewhere or somfin??

How many women, men, blacks, whites, Chinese, Russian, Asian, fat skinny, fit, average, ages... where's all this info at?...

I'm white and extra hairy - How many hairy white guys we got on here??

I've been to jail, but only to preach and bail friends out.

I've been in a riot/celebration and helped tear down a goal post once! Was on TV and everything!!

I don't carry a gun, but man I'd like to :) One on each hip!!

When trouble comes I pray my way out of it.

I never watch CNN. It makes me too mad.

I watch Fox News sometimes, but not much.

Who's Al Sharpton?

I don't use drugs... well, prescription occasionally, but seldom. Don't like to take medicine.

I don't drink... well, not anymore anyway.

I don't gang bang... well maybe once, but that was a long time ago.

Never killed anyone, but have been mad enough that I've tried to several times, with my bare hands, when I was young and ignorant and would fight for any stupid reason... just being honest.

Sooo... how many hairy white guys on here?... maybe we can start a gang?

Sorry,

I'm a bald guy. I can't join your gang. Are you going to discriminate against me too just because I'm beautiful, because bald is beautiful.

Alexis de Tocqueville

No way dude! You can join the gang! I said hairy. Bald is ok! I'm bald too, but I'm hairy everywhere else LOL. That's why I go by "Hair", because I wish I had some on top instead of everywhere else LOL!

Now you know the story behind the name :)

• Administrators
saywa

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I got me some hair, count me IN!!

`G

(disclaimer for the bleeding hearts - we're joking)

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

If George Zimmerman had been black and his victim had been white, or half white, half hispanic, he would be in prison right now, probably on death row.

If the victim was half anything it would render the entire argument moot. I mean, I am not a philosopher but isn't the argument being framed as a white/Hispanic on black hate crime that was shot by a clearly brown man with a European lastname, who mind you, if he would have had his mother's maiden name it wouldn't have even made the news.

It would have been a white/Hispanic shooting a white/African American.

This forum.

I happen to know you're wrong about that. :)

And I still like you anyway. Even though you called my man a clown. I used to be a cigar connoisseur, and I liked him as soon as I saw the cigar.

I said this guy can't be all bad, no matter what he says.

That was before the words of wisdom started pouring out. :))

• Administrators

This forum.

I know of 4, counting Kountzer

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

This forum.

yep

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

If George Zimmerman had been black and his victim had been white, or half white, half hispanic, he would be in prison right now, probably on death row.

If the victim was half anything it would render the entire argument moot. I mean, I am not a philosopher but isn't the argument being framed as a white/Hispanic on black hate crime that was shot by a clearly brown man with a European lastname, who mind you, if he would have had his mother's maiden name it wouldn't have even made the news.

It would have been a white/Hispanic shooting a white/African American.

I guess you're going to have to explain to me what a white Hispanic is because I'm a little slow. I've worked with a lot of people who identified themselves as Mexicans and a few who identified themselves as Hispanics. I've known even more away from work from both groups.

I've yet to meet someone of mixed racial heritage whether they're self-identified as Mexican, Hispanic, Indian, Black, or Asian who prefaces their racial identity as "white insert_race_here". I don't even identify myself as "white caucasion". Due to my ethnic background I'm very likely a mixture of a whole lot of races because my ancestors came from an area of the world that was overrun by one group and then another for at least a millenia. So, while I may be white in color I'm probably a little bit of a whole lot of races.

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Moderators

All humans are mongrels and racism is stupid. Sooner we all think of ourselves as 'human', with allegiance to our fellow humans, the better.

Truth is important

• Moderators

While we know Zimmerman's gun took the life of Trayvon Martin,

I thought it was not guns that kill people but people that kill people.Quite revealing that you would use that phrase. Zimmerman killed Treyvon Martin!!! That's a cold hard fact.

Quote:
No one who watched the case week after week and witnessed the end of the trial and its aftermath can reasonably deny that race was an issue in the decision of the jury in that case.

Are you saying that they said decided not guilty because a number of the jury were black? I guess you would say that fact that Z was found not guilty had nothing to do with the fact that the jury was white.

I believe that OJ was guilty of murder and Z is also guilty of murder. He should be in jail. "They always get away" is the key. He didn't want this one to get away. He succeed and an innocent teen is dead.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Look at what the parents say they've experienced since the end of the trial:

The misjudgements and criminal act of their son has changed their lives forever. They are reaping the whirlwind. They have an opportunity to still enjoy their son. The Martins do not.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein