ClubAdventist is back!

If only

lazarus

• Moderators

Certainly if we tell ourselves that there can never be peace between the races in this world, there never will be.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Is 'it is a tragedy that a young man died' a progressive talking point?

I'd have thought it was a simple human reaction.

Truth is important

Certainly if we tell ourselves that there can never be peace between the races in this world, there never will be.

Or we could admit the reality that the power of positive thinking is not enough to change the general tenor of mankind's selfish undercurrent though perhaps for some it can be a reality in the here and now. On the one hand we can maybe, perhaps, possibly, at the least, see some that reach the ideal. OTOH, we can be assured, if we are to believe the Word, mankind in general will not reach that ideal this side of Jesus' return.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

To say that if only citizens were all packing a handgun, this will resolve the issue is frankly extremely short-sighted. Yep, that is all we need is for every citizen in the U.S. to have the authority to execute extreme prejudice and take the law into their own hands. Wow, I can just imagine the Utopia.

How about teaching our children that violence is not Christian-like. Or that Killing is against the law of God. How about, teaching children to mind their own business and render unto Ceasar what is Caesar's. Or most importantly, that the world is going to be a very bad place soon and that we must keep our eyes on God and and let the injustices be adjudicated by God. I think this is a better alternative.

• Moderators

To say that if only citizens were all packing a handgun,

Didn't see anyone post that here. I'm certainly not arguing that ALL citizens should be armed. If Treyvon Martin had been armed he may still be alive today. You shouldn't have to carry a gun if you don't want to. My son should be able to stand his ground defend himself if necessary. With a gun if necessary.

Quote:
Yep, that is all we need is for every citizen in the U.S. to have the authority to execute extreme prejudice and take the law into their own hands. Wow, I can just imagine the Utopia.

So are you saying that Z executed extreme prejudice in the killing of Treyvon Martin?

Quote:
How about teaching our children that violence is not Christian-like.

This would be a new teaching since Christians have been very violent and continue to be.

Or that Killing is against the law of God.

Killing is quite acceptable, murder is not.

Quote:
How about, teaching children to mind their own business

Tell us more about that.

Quote:
Or most importantly, that the world is going to be a very bad place soon and that we must keep our eyes on God and and let the injustices be adjudicated by God.

The world has been a very bad place for many for a very long time. Surely you are not suggesting that we do away with the courts, police and prison and just wait till Jesus comes.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

This topic has been trumped up far too much. For certain it is not a "World Affair" and I would call upon a good moderator to move it.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

This topic has been trumped up far too much.

Cover your ears!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: Bravus

Or we could admit the reality that the power of positive thinking is not enough to change the general tenor of mankind's selfish undercurrent though perhaps for some it can be a reality in the here and now. On the one hand we can maybe, perhaps, possibly, at the least, see some that reach the ideal. OTOH, we can be assured, if we are to believe the Word, mankind in general will not reach that ideal this side of Jesus' return.

God cares! peace

Forsooth!

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

To say that if only citizens were all packing a handgun, this will resolve the issue is frankly extremely short-sighted. Yep, that is all we need is for every citizen in the U.S. to have the authority to execute extreme prejudice and take the law into their own hands. Wow, I can just imagine the Utopia.

How about teaching our children that violence is not Christian-like. Or that Killing is against the law of God. How about, teaching children to mind their own business and render unto Ceasar what is Caesar's. Or most importantly, that the world is going to be a very bad place soon and that we must keep our eyes on God and and let the injustices be adjudicated by God. I think this is a better alternative.

Forsooth 2.0

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• 1 month later...

• Members

I was not a supporter of GZ. Those stories don't change my mind about him being guilty or not guilty. Just shows me a pattern of behavior, that some day will land him in jail. Not just from those 3, but from many others as well.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Og. I liked that Ben Carson speech that came up at the end of Bill Whittle's spot. I agreed with them both, but then I guess that doesn't satisfy the thought police.

BTW, here's some facts that aren't just the ramblings of personal opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuOBKCiM1jI

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

bump

Einstein

I was not a supporter of GZ. Those stories don't change my mind about him being guilty or not guilty. Just shows me a pattern of behavior, that some day will land him in jail. Not just from those 3, but from many others as well.

Here you go:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-arrested-20131118,0,1837318.story

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Members

Originally Posted By: pkrause

Here you go:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-arrested-20131118,0,1837318.story

Thanks, I read that earlier.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}