ClubAdventist is back!

Gilligan Dies

Dr. Shane

Bob Denver died September 2. While I am not aware of any impact he had for the Lord, he does make us reflect on a time when television was much more friendly.

Bob Denver, himself, had strong family ties and his marriage lasted 28 years - until death.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Douggie, I think that it means that they were her Hawaiian cats...

I know, I was also sad that Mr. Denver died.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

HI cats tend to have long legs, ears, noses, and tails. Good mousers. However, not a separate breed (and of course, not all of them are as I've described).

Short bio--Born and raised in Colorado/Wyoming. School for a couple years at AU, where I met my DH. Lived in CO for a couple of years after we were married. Lived in China for 15 months teaching English. Moved to Hawaii and taught on Kauai for 4 years. I quit teaching when my youngest was born, and we moved to Michigan. We lived there 5 years. Moved to HK a year ago to start an English language primary/secondary school. Still waiting for that to happen--in the meantime, we're teaching at the college. Confusing? Sorry, not trying to be!

M

• 2 weeks later...

The years go by, but where? It wasn't that long ago he was that half-bright beatnik/hippy-cross kid on The Many Loves of Dobbie Gillis, much less the Island mayhem. (Am I getting my spelling mixed up? Not so sure anymore. It's late; must be the hour.)

I always liked him ... and I hated situation comedy. Hooda thunkit? And then, Sept. 2 is my birthday. This link will stick.

"Sunrise, sunset,

Sunrise, sunset,

One season following another,

Laden with happiness and grief ..."

He was just a character on TV, or was that all? John Donne was righter than I thought.

Regards,

Norm

Debile fundamentum, fallit opus. - "Where there is a weak foundation, the work falls."