ClubAdventist is back!

"the rest of the dead" - who are they?

8thdaypriest

Who is deceiving you people anyway? You want to make of it something that isn't in the script!

I sure don't know how you read and understand, it is all here in these verses!

Re 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Re 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Re 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The Saints you see come down in the Holy City of which Christ makes a great plain for it to set on!

For those who hold EGW as of any consequence read this,

"The saints will rest in the holy city, and reign as kings and priests one thousand years; then Jesus will descend with the saints upon the Mount of Olives, and the mount will part asunder, and become a mighty plain for the Paradise of God to rest upon. The rest of the earth will not be cleansed until the end of the one thousand years, when the wicked dead are raised, and gather up around the city. The feet of the wicked will never desecrate the earth made new. Fire will come down from God out of heaven and devour them, burn them up root and branch. Satan is the root, and his children are the branches. The same fire that will devour the wicked, will purify the earth." {CET 108.3}

"Jesus and the saints return to the city. Satan goes forth among the vast multitude of resurrected wicked, and makes the feeble strong. He then points them to the countless millions who have been raised, and makes them believe that he, by his power, had brought them up from [their] graves. He points to the powerful race who lived before the flood, and to kings and warriors who were well skilled in battle, and flatters his subjects that their numbers are much greater than those in the city, that they can make war with them, and dethrone God and his Son Jesus Christ, and take the throne and occupy the city, and enjoy its richness and glory. As the wicked come forth from their graves, they resume the current of their thoughts where it ceased in death. The antediluvian race perished blaspheming God. Many perished in battle; they fell while thirsting to conquer; they rise with the same spirit of war that they possessed when they fell. They accept Satan as their general, and his angels as their officers. Satan and his angels were once inhabitants of the city; and they profess to understand just how to attack the city and take possession of it. With Satan at their head, they go up on the breadth of the earth, and compass the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city; and fire comes down from God out of Heaven and devours them. {3SG 85.1}

Jesus and his loyal subjects ascend to the top of the city. The wicked host behold the splendor of the city, and the happy redeemed company upon its walls, and are amazed at the scene. They behold Jesus in his kingly majesty, his countenance surpassing the brightness of the sun, surrounded by the angelic throng. As the wicked look upon the redeemed, and see their faces radiant with glory, and glittering crowns upon their heads, their courage fails, and they wail in anguish as they realize that they chose a life of rebellion against God, and Jesus Christ their Saviour, and for their disloyalty have lost eternal life, and an imperishable treasure. Then many who had professed to be Christ's followers, but who had not honored God in their lives, enumerate their good deeds performed when they lived upon the earth, and entreat to be admitted into the city. They plead that their names were upon the church books, and they had prophesied in the name of Christ, and in his name cast out devils, and done many wonderful works. Christ answers, Your cases have been decided. Your names are not found enrolled in the book of life. You professed to believe in my name, but you trampled upon the law of God. I know you not, depart from me ye workers of iniquity. Satan and his angels try to encourage the wicked multitude to action; but fire descends from Heaven, and unites with the fire in the earth, and aids in the general conflagration." {3SG 86.1}

The scripture is just as clear to me with a lot less to read!

1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

So there will be nothing recognizable as Jerusalem. No Mount of Olives. No Temple Site. (Remember, it's "without form and void".)

So after 1000 years he will restore a Temple in some place claimed to be the original site of Jerusalem, and then after resurrecting the nations, tell them that some people over there are the priests and that he has fullfilled his promise to Abraham. But where's the proof? Who saw it happen? Maybe that is the site of old Jerusalem. Maybe it is the site of the Vatican. Who knows?

Joe,

You don't think that the LORD has GPS? He knows where that spot is. He has, and He will place His name there. Satan will sit there - totally defiling it - so that it must be "cleansed with fire."

Why is it such a bad thought - to spend at least part of the 1000 years at the New Jerusalem University. I can agree that we will need to return to earth, to rebuild and repair in preparation for the nations to be raised at the end of the 1000 years. Especially to build Ezekiel's Temple - because the river flowing out from that Temple is what brings life back to the planet.

Yes - I believe "the earth" will be burned, when the sun is heated 7 times hotter and "the elements melt with fervent heat." The sky rolls back as a scroll. That's when I think the water from the seas is vaporized into space - leaving "no sea". I do NOT believe there will be any physical human survivors, from the nations.

The redeemed "meet Him in the air". The "two witnesses" ascend to heaven (Rev. 11:12). They ascend to the "place" which He has "prepared" (John 14:2-3), which is "a city" - named Jerusalem (Hebrews 11:16).

INCIDENTALLY : I believe the "two witnesses" are Smyrna and Philadelphia (the martyrs with brotherly love). Those are the only 2 candlestick left after 5 have been "removed." They have the Moses message (Remember the law. Remember the blessings and the curses.) and the Elijah Mt Carmel message (Choose this day whom you will serve).

The witnesses are "killed." That fits with Daniel 12:7. "When the power of the holy people has been completely shattered, all these things will be finished." Yeshua said, "You will receive POWER after the Holy Spirit is come upon you, and you will be witnesses." To "shatter" that power of witness, the evil forces would need to kill them, or shut them up in prison. Or the witnesses could flee to the mountains to hide because of the death decree.

www.prophecyviewpoint.com

8thdaypriest

I believe this age is about calling the priesthood - calling Israel.

Here are references on the roles of priests. It was NOT just about killing and prepping animals and smearing the blood.

As priests, they will teach the Law, judge, settle disputes, administer justice and offer up “spiritual sacrifices” (Deut. 17:8-11, Deut. 21:5, Deut. 33:8, Ezra 8:7-8, Eze. 44:23-24).

God’s plan was to use Israel as His priesthood - to teach and govern the nations.

This He will finally accomplish.

Shalom,

www.prophecyviewpoint.com

8thdaypriest

The scripture is just as clear to me with a lot less to read!

Actually Gibs, it seems that Spirit of Prophecy is "just as clear" to you "with a lot less to read."

To go with your scenario, you have to IGNORE dozens of passages which place "the nations" living WITH Israel - returned to the land, in the kingdom where the wolf lies down with the lamb. People from these "nations" go up to Jerusalem to "learn the ways of the LORD" and are then adopted by Yahweh - becoming one with His people.

If you want an EGW quote, tell me - what is the Temple that EGW was "shown" - outside of the Holy City, where only the 144,000 were allowed to enter? (EW pg.19) Could this be the Temple of the 8th millennium? Ezekiel's Temple? Could the 144,000 be the priests of THAT Temple??

I don't believe that Ellen White was shown EVERY truth that would benefit the people of God before the end of things here. She herself said that there would be "more light."

And before you get into "new light" must agree with "old light" - I will tell you that I believe the elders muddied the waters with their underwriting/editing of, and additions to, her writings. The culture of her day also influenced some things.

8thdaypriest