ClubAdventist is back!

Quotes

phkrause

• Members

The Eternity of God's Love

O Lord, you have made us very small, and we bring our years to an end like a tale that is told. Help us to remember that beyond our brief day is the eternity of your love.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

“Nobody sees a flower, really--it is so small we haven't time, and to see takes time.”

- Georgia O'Keefe

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Psalm 41

Assurance of God's Help and a Plea for Healing

To the leader. A Psalm of David.

Happy are those who consider the poor;

the LORD delivers them in the day of trouble.

The LORD protects them and keeps them alive;

they are called happy in the land.

You do not give them up to the will of their enemies.

The LORD sustains them on their sickbed;

in their illness you heal all their infirmities.

As for me, I said, “O LORD, be gracious to me;

heal me, for I have sinned against you.”

My enemies wonder in malice

when I will die, and my name perish.

And when they come to see me, they utter empty words,

while their hearts gather mischief;

when they go out, they tell it abroad.

All who hate me whisper together about me;

they imagine the worst for me.

They think that a deadly thing has fastened on me,

that I will not rise again from where I lie.

Even my bosom friend in whom I trusted,

who ate of my bread, has lifted the heel against me.

But you, O LORD, be gracious to me,

and raise me up, that I may repay them.

By this I know that you are pleased with me;

because my enemy has not triumphed over me.

But you have upheld me because of my integrity,

and set me in your presence forever.

Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel,

from everlasting to everlasting.

Amen and Amen.

phkrause

• Members

“The fruit of Silence is prayer. The fruit of Prayer is faith. The fruit of Faith is love. The fruit of Love is service. The fruit of Service is peace.”

- Mother Teresa

phkrause

• Members

“Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice. ”

- Heber J. Grant

phkrause

• Members

“Even though they are paid differently, everyone has to feel appreciated.”

- Roger Staubach

phkrause

• Members

"There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age."

–Sophia Loren

phkrause

• Members

"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art."

--Eleanor Roosevelt

phkrause

• Members

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

-- Mark Twain

phkrause

• Members

"The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in 70 or 80 years. Your body changes, but you don't change at all."

-- Doris Lessing

phkrause

• Members

"There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt."

-- Author Unknown

phkrause

• Members

"The best part about being my age is in knowing how my life worked out."

-- Scott Adams

phkrause

• Members

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young."

--Ben Franklin

phkrause

• Members

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."

--Eubie Blake, age 100

phkrause

• Members

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, The last of life, for which the first was made: Our times are in his hands Who sayeth 'a whole I planned, Youth shows but half; Trust God; see all nor be afraid.'"

--Robert Browning

phkrause

• Members

"Aging is an inevitable process. I surely wouldn't want to grow younger. The older you become, the more you know; your bank account of knowledge is much richer."

--William Holden

phkrause

• Members

"I advise you to go on living solely to enrage those who are paying your annuities. It is the only pleasure I have left."

--Voltaire

phkrause

• Members

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

--Satchel Paige

phkrause

• Members

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing."

--George Bernard Shaw

phkrause

• Members

"For the unlearned, old age is winter; for the learned, it is the season of the harvest."

--Hasidic saying

ps: Its to bad they don't know how to spell "Chassidic"

phkrause

• Members

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

--Chili Davis

phkrause

• Members

“If the Lord should bring a wicked man to heaven, heaven would be hell to him; for he who loves not grace upon earth will never love it in heaven.”

- Christopher Love

phkrause

• Members

“The fruit of Silence is prayer. The fruit of Prayer is faith. The fruit of Faith is love. The fruit of Love is service. The fruit of Service is peace.”

- Mother Teresa

phkrause

• Members

“Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice. ”

- Heber J. Grant

phkrause

• Members

“The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”

- Allan K. Chalmers

phkrause