ClubAdventist is back!

40,000 Ignorant Racists

In what is being reported as a surprise move, the 40,000 members of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) announced that they have formally ended their association with the AFL-CIO, one of the nation's largest private sector unions. The Longshoremen citied Obamacare and immigration reform as two important causes of their disaffiliation.

In an August 29 letter to AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka, ILWU President Robert McEllrath cited quite a list of grievances as reasons for the dissolution of their affiliation, but prominent among them was the AFL-CIO's support of Obamare.

"We feel the Federation has done a great disservice to the labor movement and all working people by going along to get along," McEllrath wrote in the letter to Trumka.

The ILWU President made it clear they are for a single-payer, nationalized healthcare policy and are upset with the AFL-CIO for going along with Obama on the confiscatory tax on their "Cadillac" healthcare plan.

The Longshoreman leader said, "President Obama ran on a platform that he would not tax medical plans and at the 2009 AFL-CIO Convention, you stated that labor would not stand for a tax on our benefits." But, regardless of that promise, the President has pushed for just such a tax and Trumka and the AFL-CIO bowed to political pressure lining up behind Obama's tax on those plans.

McEllrath also went on to say that they support stronger immigration reform than the AFL-CIO is supporting.

One ILWU committeeman was even harsher on both the AFL-CIO and the President. ILWU Coast Committeeman Leal Sundet criticized the AFL-CIO telling LaborNotes.com that Trumka was marching "in lockstep" with Obama both on the "Cadillac healthcare tax" as well as immigration.

Sundet slammed Obama's immigration plan saying it is "designed to give [only] highly-paid workers a real path to citizenship."

Private sector unions have fallen to an all time low participation rate in the US workforce. Unionized workers now account for only 11.3 percent of the US workforce.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Still obsessed with racists?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Just agreeing with another poster

That pretty much sums it up. Most people do not know. I suspect that if it was always referred to by the name Congress passed it under - Affordable Care Act, there would be less negative reaction to it even in the ignorant state of mind most people are in. But once the Republican strategy of tagging the Act as "Obama" Care, that sealed it for all who just hate Obama. It doesn't matter what it really says.

Truth really matter very little anymore.

Either people are ignorant of what a great thing Obamacare is or they are against Obama because of the color of his skin.

This is simply 40,000 more that fall into those two catagories

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: lazarus

I don't like them. Never have.

I guess I could ask, "How do you stand yourself, Richard?", but like the starwars trooper, I will say to myself, "This isn't important. I will move along...." :-)

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I don't like them. Never have.

I guess I could ask, "How do you stand yourself, Richard?", but like the starwars trooper, I will say to myself, "This isn't important. I will move along...." :-)

These days truth is out the door on about everything! The term "truth" don't mean what it used to and still is in the dictionary, but no see!

A Freeman In Jesus Christ