ClubAdventist is back!

Give Me Your Money. This is a Robbery.

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Quote:
SEATTLE — Hillbilly Hotties Coffee in Everett, Wash., doesn't serve a lot of bicyclists, let alone children, according to its owner.

So the barista working at the espresso stand at 4034 Hoyt Ave. on Sept. 2 was surprised when "a little boy wearing a pink bandanna headband" rode up to the drive-through window on a bicycle and ordered a fruit smoothie, Jovanna Edge said.

"She almost didn't serve him because it's not normal to see a kid on a bike, and it was crazy busy with a huge line of cars," Edge said.

But the barista made the drink for the boy and told him what he owed.

That is when the child pulled out a handgun, leveled it at the barista and demanded money, according to Everett police. The barista pointed to her tip jar, which the boy emptied into his backpack, before riding away with his drink in one hand, Edge said.

Police have arrested the 12 YO suspect. It is alleged that he has confessed to this one and one other. He says that he obtained the gun from a friend at chruch, who has been arrested and has a prior for robbery.

Gregory

• Members

Wow, unreal, but not surprising! I wonder if he would've actually shot someone, if not given any money. An up and coming criminal? Hopefully someone can work with him. He needs our prayers for sure.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:
He says that he obtained the gun from a friend at church,

Hmmm! Could that , by definition, be one of those wolves in sheep's clothing?

“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Matt 7:15 NASB

Do you suppose the peace officers who apprehended him, might have been instrumental in diverting him from a fast road to perdition. One can only hope.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Quote:
He says that he obtained the gun from a friend at church,

Hmmm! Could that , by definition, be one of those wolves in sheep's clothing?

“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

Matt 7:15 NASB

Do you suppose the peace officers who apprehended him, might have been instrumental in diverting him from a fast road to perdition. One can only hope.

God cares! peace

Why? From some posts on this forum, it was mentioned that all church members carry?? At least in there church I should say!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

My wife and I will be attending a Thursday evening Bible study, based on the book of Daniel. If you were attending that group, would you feel more secure recognizing they were all packing heat, or more secure if none of them were?

'course one could always check them at the door.

I still would wonder who were the wolves in sheep's clothing if they were all packing, and would decidedly be contemplating where else I could meet with the brethren where they trusted in God's care, without rationalizing one's need to use one's brain for safety.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members
If you were attending that group, would you feel more secure recognizing they were all packing heat, or more secure if none of them were?
I would feel more secure knowing that none of them were packing. Having said that, I wouldn't go around asking each member if they are or not. That's between them and God.

phkrause

gun packing church members.....

if I were a non member of any christian organization observing gun packing church members, my 'hypocrites" labeling syndrome would be crowding my thoughts....Especially toward thier pastors....He takes money from guilty members every sunday...and he does it without a gun.....

Just my thoughts....nothing to react to...don't want this to be the cause of some verbal shootout....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I noted several have commented about church members carrying firearms.

I knew one man who had a gun, he was in the process of becoming a private detective. I felt he was on the way out of the church. And just a short time later he was divorcing his family.

Since 9-11 there are more devices for checking for metal toting individuals, esp. at the airport. The entry to court houses became a screening area even before the airports due to other reasons. Scary thought that such measures are necessary, isn't it? As it is, these days I hardly go anywhere with a lot of people. But unless the Lord goes with me, that is no protection at all.

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

• Moderators

The bulletproof glass on the Popemobile calls into question the extent to which the Pope believes God can protect him (or, that if he is shot, it was God's plan).

To me, similarly, a Christian who 'needs' a gun for self-defense is, on some level, not confident that God can protect...

Truth is important

Faith without works is dead. I prefer to work on protecting my family.

But what is your faith into? God or guns? If guns, then you must shoot something for you to have faith in guns...If your faith is in God, you let God decide your life hid in Him....hopefully without the temptation of guns...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

I protect my family each and every day. I ask God to take care of us, and accept what he does! I'm with Job, Daniel and his friends.

phkrause