ClubAdventist is back!

Can the Church End Poverty?

phkrause

• Members
Of all the things that a government can be accused of, I would think that providing provision for the poor is one of the more desirable.
Exactly Gail

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members
I remember one American that I talked to on the phone who told me that he did NOT want to pay for someone else's health care. Although he didn't say this, I think he was trying to say that paying for his was expense enough.
Well unfortunately Insurance has gone up every year since whenever! The problem we had in Mass, was that the many that don't have insurance, if they go to the ERs they can not be turned down. So who pays for that? Those that have insurance, our prices go up. So the more people that have insurance, the less it costs the rest of us. So when Romney required everyone to have this, it relieved the problem a little, but not enough. This is what Obamacare is based on. From what I've heard and read, it saved Hospitals here in Mass, millions of dollars.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Quote:
I remember one American that I talked to on the phone who told me that he did NOT want to pay for someone else's health care.

That is understandable, however none of us completely pay for all of the services that are required for daily living. By having a 'pool' of monies, we all pay less. For the christian, me thinks the response may not accurately reflect what Christ has asked of us who claim to believe in Him.

:like:

phkrause

Since you brought it up Gail,

America has the best health care in the world. It is also very costly. By claiming to "fix" the cost, Obamma will ultimately damage the quality of our health care.

I don't see how you can miss this. His greatest motive in taking over American health care is to gain control over people. If you haven't seen this vice raising its head out of the liberal jargon - then your eyes aren't open.

Ramming this huge unpopular change through Congress at midnight with no bipartisan support whatsoever and using shady deals to buy people off destines America to conflict. And that is what we are seeing - the logical outflow of subterfuge. I don't know how you can listen to that angry arrogant voice (as I have) and go to sleep at night convinced that here is an individual who has everyone's best interest at heart.

Now, if BO was serious about helping to lower the cost of healthcare, without messing up the quality, we could reform the legal system and it's culture of lawsuit greed. Tort reform would have a huge impact on the cost of healthcare - by protecting doctors and institutions from a growing plague of litigation piranhas.

Secondly, they could remove state line restrictions and allow individuals to purchase insurance across state lines. That is a free-market good idea, hurting nothing and helping everyone.

Thirdly, as Ben Carson said, each person should have the benefit of a medical savings account into which they could place tax free dollars. I have one - it is a home run. Everyone should be able to have them.

But none of these proven solutions appeal to a democrat machine that has already conditioned its appetite for the six-course meal of controlling more people in more ways.

The `G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:
His greatest motive in taking over American health care is to gain control over people.

Conspiracy talk!

Mix all that with various religious idea's and you have the making of a 'cult'!!

• Administrators

While I agree with you about the lawsuit thing I don't see why your government couldn't make something work for the poor.

There are glitches in our system but I don't have to worry about having to mortgage my house should one of us get sick.

We don't complain about having to pay someone else's health care... We look at it as a good idea that everyone contributes a bit, going according to your income, and everyone shares in the health benefits. Our care might not be the cutting edge that it is in the U.S. but it's adequate. For the peace of mind knowing that it's there and I don't have to pay at the time I need it, it works for me.

Gerry, what alternatives would you offer to help those that are falling in the cracks?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Quote:
His greatest motive in taking over American health care is to gain control over people.

Conspiracy talk!

Mix all that with various religious idea's and you have the making of a 'cult'!!

Google search

cult

kəlt/

noun: cult; plural noun: cults

a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

Reasoning from the quote above, this would apply to those who place Jesus as their King. If I were Og I would thank you for complimenting me. If he maintains this course, seeking the Holy Spirit for the gift of wisdom, he's sure to escape the mark of the beast, whom those who like to judge will not.

"Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things."Romans 2:2 NASB

God cares!

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Of all the things that a government can be accused of, I would think that providing provision for the poor is one of the more desirable.

There have always been provisions for the poor ... BUT they have to help themselves by complying with state and federal regulations. Just as the people living in cardboard housing under bridges usually refuse to move to shelters even in freezing weather. Others would rather do without rather than go to proper agencies and go through the process of asking for and receiving assistance.

If any of you doubt that there is not free housing, low cost housing, food, medical, etc for those with no income for various reasons (and, yes at times due to their lack of desire to enter into the working world)come with me I go to huge housing projects daily. Free cell phones, electronics, food, transportation, food, heat & cooling.

Now lets think about the working class ... that are those who /are suffering by this and other policies. But heaven forbid that they should suggest that they are put into a squeeze box.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

America has the best health care in the world.

There are certainly areas of medicine in which the USA leads the world. I would expect that from the wealthiest nation on the planet. The assertion that it is the "best in the world" is not supported by the facts.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...tem-best-world/

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/07/10...arable-nations/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/23/us-usa-healthcare-last-idUSTRE65M0SU20100623

http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/best-and-worst/most-efficient-health-care-countries

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/health/h...ou_judge_1.html

Quote:

Other than your own opinion what's the basis for this statement?

Quote:
Ramming this huge unpopular change through Congress at midnight with no bipartisan support whatsoever and using shady deals to buy people off destines America to conflict.

I remember those long televised discussions on CSPAN. Did you forget? The affordable care act is based on a idea from a conservative. Google Dr John Guber.

I love the hypocisy. Do you seriously believe that the GOP would seek bipartisan support for a signature piece of legislation for which they had all the votes necessary. This is politics and politicians left and right do what they need to do to secure the votes.

Quote:
I don't know how you can listen to that angry arrogant voice (as I have) and go to sleep at night convinced that here is an individual who has everyone's best interest at heart.

Angry, arrogant voice? Lol. One criticism I have of the President is that he has been such a soft touch in the past. One charge that falls flat is the President is angry. His supporters want him to get angry! Wonder where this comes from You might be hearing an echo of your own voice I think.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

... and of all the uses of taxes, what better use than to help feed the hungry, clothe the naked, house the homeless, provide clean water for the thirsty in a dry land.

I couldn't agree more. How do you suggest that this policy and practice can be implemented?

It certainly isn't the reality in today's world .. or have I missed something?????

Nawwwww

• Moderators

I don't understand how Bible believing Christians can accept that pooling resources to develop a national defense system where one missile can cost $1.5 m but then reject the notion that nation should pool resources and provide health-care for all its citizens. There is something profoundly disturbing about that version of Christianity.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

While I agree with you about the lawsuit thing I don't see why your government couldn't make something work for the poor.

There are glitches in our system but I don't have to worry about having to mortgage my house should one of us get sick.

We don't complain about having to pay someone else's health care... We look at it as a good idea that everyone contributes a bit, going according to your income, and everyone shares in the health benefits. Our care might not be the cutting edge that it is in the U.S. but it's adequate. For the peace of mind knowing that it's there and I don't have to pay at the time I need it, it works for me.

Gerry, what alternatives would you offer to help those that are falling in the cracks?

First, our illegal immigrants equal 36% of Canada's total population. That underscores an "apples to oranges" reality.

First I would enforce our immigration laws.

Second, I would fire half of the EPA. Half (in case I was misunderstood).

Second, I would appoint a Hans Diehl type as secretary of health. He would help educate Americans on a healthy lifestyle.

Third. I would then set up a scenario where people who abuse health principles pay more than people who discipline themselves. Motivation...

I would encourage a subculture of cash-doctors who get paid for what they charge without the hassle of insurance.

I would strip small business of the obligation to provide health care. Who came up with that stupid idea anyway? Think about it.

I would make a ruling that allows each person to have a HSA. welfare recipients would have to earn their goodies. You want food stamps? Bring in a bag of trash that you have picked up along the highway. Or dig a ditch or plant corn.

I would hire the Amish as advisors to Secretary of Labor. Bring some good old fashioned work ethic back into the national psyche. Make it fun again, and in the process make more dignity.

Lasty, I would point out that the Constitution does not guarantee good health. Neither does the Bible. It does draw a line of connection between choices and consequences and I would spend a bit of time re-emphasizing that.

Let's go,

G

• Administrators

thumbsup

Especially

Quote:
I would make a ruling that allows each person to have a HSA. welfare recipients would have to earn their goodies. You want food stamps? Bring in a bag of trash that you have picked up along the highway. Or dig a ditch or plant corn.

I would hire the Amish as advisors to Secretary of Labor. Bring some good old fashioned work ethic back into the national psyche. Make it fun again, and in the process make more dignity.

• Members
I don't understand how Bible believing Christians can accept that pooling resources to develop a national defense system where one missile can cost $1.5 m but then reject the notion that nation should pool resources and provide health-care for all its citizens. There is something profoundly disturbing about that version of Christianity.
:like:

phkrause

• Moderators

welfare recipients would have to earn their goodies.

That already exists. It's called working at Walmart. This is what unfettered capitalism brings.

Einstein

Its a nice try, but nope.

Guess where the 34 maximum hours per week came from?

Ehm?

blessings bro,

`G

• Moderators

Its a nice try, but nope.

Sadly seems like you are not even aware of what is happening to your own country.

Einstein