ClubAdventist is back!

Sandra Roberts-This SPIRITUAL FORMATION cult leader as SECC president? Oh Lord

mel20

Focus...Focus.......

Quote:
Don't know who they are, they are not the topic of the thread, Sandra Roberts is!!

Quote:
...sought after by liberal/progressive Adventists looking for "strange fire"...

We already know that all who have a different view than you are likely to be called 'liberal', what ever that means, but it seems to be used to disparage others spiritual experience. Rather shameful way to have a conversation....eh? duno

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CoAspen

• olger

• LifeHiscost

• mel20

Alright Mr. Co-I'm afraid to reveal my real name-aspen. I will ask you a question and you can answer it - unless you are afraid of that too.

Gerald Wagoner

Piqua, OH

• Members

I think I'd like to read Ms. Roberts' doctoral thesis and see exactly *which* type of "spiritual formation" she endorses.

It doesn't matter how excellent your theological study to categorize whether someone is ultra conservatives, liberal, celebration, separatists, orthodox Adventists, or etc. It MUST end up with only two group of people: Wheat or Weed. No third party.

well, uh..., yeah....but deciding who is in which group isn't your (or my) responsibility...

Originally Posted By: MelissaKh
[we must]...ask her [Ms. Roberts] to quit and leave her membership of worldwide Seventh-day Adventist Church.

that's really a bizarre statement

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Ya know, every time I wonder if I imagined Christian love being a myth Ger, you confirm that it really is.....

M.T., just reading the general tenor of the posts on CA should be enough to totally disabuse you of the notion that Christian love exists as anything other than a lovely but fully unrealised ideal.

Sadly.

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Originally Posted By: M. T. Cross

Ya know, every time I wonder if I imagined Christian love being a myth Ger, you confirm that it really is.....

M.T., just reading the general tenor of the posts on CA should be enough to totally disabuse you of the notion that Christian love exists as anything other than a lovely but fully unrealised ideal.

Sadly.

Generally, but there are some beautiful people here. I think it might just be there personality, and they would be Christian or not, but Christianity has not beat it out of them either so its hard to tell.

• Moderators

......'the "narcissism of small differences"...to achieve a superficial sense of one's own uniqueness, an ersatz sense of otherness which is only a mask for an underlying uniformity and sameness.......

No doubt someone will counter with the thought that Ms Sandra Roberts' has fallen into apostasy and it is a major issue. It is often the case however, that a close and careful examination of her views will probably reveal that her views are in line with scripture. Lord, deliver us from those who want to lead us to neglect the weightier matters of the law.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

"narcissism of small differences"

thinking

Lacking ego perspective in relationship to the perception of otherness, one might be prone to make a mountain out of a mole hill and be at risk of delusions of grandeur while conquering the "mountain".

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Sadly.

Ouch. :(

But I totally hear you.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

It really sounds like someone, OPer perhaps, has an agenda against a certain person, Sandra Roberts in this case, is out to 'get' her by using the Social Network spamming method. Perhaps the individul attempting to do that should check with a lawyer about 'libel' bdfore continueing!!

Ya know, every time I wonder if I imagined Christian love being a myth Ger, you confirm that it really is......

Thanks. That is a compliment coming from one who boasts about being a 'pagan'.

Have a great week,

`oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Ya know, every time I wonder if I imagined Christian love being a myth Ger, you confirm that it really is......

Thanks. That is a compliment coming from one who boasts about being a 'pagan'.

Have a great week,

`oG

No boasting involved, just honesty. How you could take being proof of Christian Love being a myth as a compliment tho........ must be very insulting to your God. Bet it makes him proud.

No boasting involved, just honesty. How you could take being proof of Christian Love being a myth as a compliment tho........ must be very insulting to your God. Bet it makes him proud.

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:

We usually gather most of what we are looking for the most.

"For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth."2 Corinthians 13:8 NASB

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

We're not talking about SDA outside the USA, we're focusing Adventist People in S. California...

Even in this very liberal land, more than 3000 members started asking her to resign, and to give up her SDA membership. Let her go in peace.

SPIRITUAL FORMATION is extremely dangerous with its falsifying feeling of rejoicing and peace of mind...and its "contemplative prayer" Soon after Adventists got to this point, then the mysticism and eastern spiritualism took place in replacing the good logic and conscience.

No truth necessary anymore. (peace and happy in mind already, why then we need the Biblical truth for?)

Could it be that human rights and freedom of speech would soon to be washed away and terminated by Sunday Law and Persecution unless the evil spirit injecting the anasthecic into human rational thinking by SPIRITUAL FORMATION to all the US people? (especially with this financial crisis, political instability along with the natural calamities)

Listen to the 6 different speakers (total of 19 minutes) about the danger of SPIRITUAL FORMATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mDrB4NWtXkk

1. Pastor John Bradshaw. Speaker, It Is Written

2. Pastor Doug Batchelor (Start 04:21)

3. Howard Peth. Author, The Danger of Contemplative Prayer (Start 07:02)

4. Dr. Herbert Douglass. Former Weimar President (start 09:25)

5. Pastor Rick Howard. Author, The Omega Rebellion (start 10:06)

6. Pastor Derek Morris. Editor, Ministry Magazine (start 14:50)

You may search another 250 speakers that against 'SPIRITUAL FORMATION' if you want, but the point is: the shaking is coming. It's not a prophecy anymore. It doesn't matter how excellent your theological study to categorize whether someone is ultra conservatives, liberal, celebration, separatists, orthodox Adventists, or etc. It MUST end up with only two group of people: Wheat or Weed. No third party.

That's why we always see POLARIZATION-POLARIZATION-POLARIZATION everywhere among God's people now.

But what and where about Sandra Robert's polarization heeding to?

Now, I'm going to abstain from ridiculing and bluntness that this topic otherwise deserves, and I'll discuss it as a mature human being.

When it comes to this issue, it amazes me that certain terms are thrown around without actually being defined. First of all, none of these speakers mention "Spiritual Formation". They are talking in a very vague terms about "deception" and "new doctrines" and "maintaining orthodoxy", but they never actually talk about:

1) Why they find it so evil.

2) Give any concrete examples

So, let's define a couple of things. Can you define:

1) SPIRITUAL FORMATION

2) Contemplative prayer

Give specific examples of what you are protesting against. Also give some specific examples of what you are protesting against SPECIFICALLY encouraged by the person you think is doing those things.

The purpose of contemplative prayer is to enter an Altered State Of Consciousness in order to find one's True Self, thus finding God. This true self relates to the belief that man is basically good. Proponents of contemplative prayer teach that all human beings have a divine center and that all, not just born again believers, should practice contemplative prayer.

Contemplative Spirituality: A belief system that uses ancient mystical practices to induce altered states of consciousness (the silence) and is rooted in mysticism and the occult but often wrapped in Christian terminology. The premise of contemplative spirituality is pantheistic (God is all) and panentheistic (God is in all). Common terms used for this movement are "spiritual formation," "the silence," "the stillness," "ancient-wisdom," "spiritual disciplines," and many others.

Spiritual Formation: A movement that has provided a platform and a channel through which contemplative prayer is entering the church. Find spiritual formation being used, and in nearly every case you will find contemplative spirituality. In fact, contemplative spirituality is the heartbeat of the spiritual formation movement.

How you like them apples?

`oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

All depends on the view point of a person, seeing it in a negative light or a positive one, as follows.....

Quote:
"What is contemplative prayer? St. Teresa answers: 'Contemplative prayer [oración mental] in my opinion is nothing else than a close sharing between friends; it means taking time frequently to be alone with him who we know loves us.' Contemplative prayer seeks him 'whom my soul loves'. It is Jesus, and in him, the Father. We seek him, because to desire him is always the beginning of love, and we seek him in that pure faith which causes us to be born of him and to live in him. In this inner prayer we can still meditate, but our attention is fixed on the Lord himself."[11]

Again, some fear words rather than understanding from other perspectives. We pick and choose how we look at things, all from our own frame of mind.

As a follow up to positive view points rather than finding negative.....

Quote:
In Christian Spiritual Formation the focus is on Jesus. It is a lifelong process as a believer desires to become a disciple of Jesus and become more like him. This would be possible because of the divine grace of the Gospel and the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit.

Stan,

Just about everything in life can be counterfeited, we can buy the original or whine about the counterfeit. It all depends on what we are looking for.

Quote:
We pick and choose how we look at things, all from our own frame of mind.

True and to the extent that we ask God to frame that which we find acceptable, we will find it consistent with His Word, that which a child can understand.

" Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God."John 8:47 NLT

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Stan,

Just about everything in life can be counterfeited, we can buy the original or whine about the counterfeit. It all depends on what we are looking for.

And pretty much every good thing can be taken to a harmful extreme or misused or corrupted. But to condemn the good thing by the extremist's misuse or corruption of it is falling into using deception to promote virtue. And that is not a good thing.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)