ClubAdventist is back!

A Generous Apostasy

olger

Quote:
Satan likes to use some very clear heresy and strange ideas to chase people into the security of Orthodoxy and Tradition unquestioned. Satan likes us to think that we have to choose only between A and B, when often there are C's and D's and even E's available if we would continue to study.

This below wouldn't be the orthodoxy to which reference is being made, would it? And if it is, what would be the alternate A, B, C, etc., that is adequate to replace it?

"“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments."John 14:15 NASB

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”"

John 14:21 NKJV

"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love."John 15:10 NASB

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I think you are taking a big leap and reading something into the post you quoted that is not even suggested. I read it as simply saying, and it is in the quote, with continued study we don't stop at a and b. Christ showed the people, through His life and teachings, that the Jewish nation had more to learn. EGW was all about to continue to study and learn. SDA's believe that post 2nd comming there is aperiod of intense learning. Are you suggesting that we can't learn more about the meaning/s of the decalogue? That we just stop with the written words and go no further?

Quote:
Are you suggesting that we can't learn more about the meaning/s of the decalogue? That we just stop with the written words and go no further?

Since all that God has chosen to reveal remains true that is contained in the decalogue, it seems not unreasonable to assume that B and C will be consistent with what has been spoken before, as indicated from the Word.

"The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life. And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book. And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book."Revelation 22:17-19 NLT

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."Revelation 14:12 KJV

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

While I didn't have time today to pursue the whole discourse, what did stand out for me was the emphasis on the liberty of each to have full freedom of conscience to choose for themselves the way they would go. This does not say everyone's freedom to choose the way they would go will naturally lead all in the way of righteousness.

"There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death."Proverbs 14:12 NASB

"Every man’s way is right in his own eyes,

But the Lord weighs the hearts."Proverbs 21:2-3 NASB

I would suggest, this below also is true and is fully consistent with the Decalogue as given in the book of Exodus.

"Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."James 1:27 NASB

"For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’" Matt 25:35-40 NASB

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Martin Luther had something to say about "conscience" (deep conviction), let it be subject to the word of God. No matter how convicted you may be of something or what you think your conscience is telling you to do, examine truth as if a little child.

No doubt in his time many were absolutely convinced, convicted and their conscience demanded that the stay true to the Church, that religious/political power of the day. Luther himself had no intention of leaving the Church when he started on his reformation path. So it will be again, for many it will be inconceivable that are called to "come out of her my people".

Matt 25:35-40: The essence of Medical Missionary work!! Good post.

The fact that some Adventists are running to Brian Mclaren tells me that they are not Adventists any longer -- in the normative sense of the term. That ship has sailed.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Administrators

the shaking is caused by the truth, the straight testimony.

the enemies attack on understanding of truth is getting more seductive, more powerful, and if possible will deceive the very elect. but this attack is nothing new and will increase till Jesus comes.

the straight truth, will shake everything that can be shaken, and what cannot be shaken will, remain. the shaking is cleansing. true believers will be shaken and will find themselves clinging more earnestly to Jesus who cannot be shaken.

Those who do not cling to Jesus and live and stand on the promises of God will not be able to remain. If They do not depend on Jesus to stand they will not be able to stand, and not be interested in remaining in the church. To remain will lose it's value to them.

error does not bring the shaking it seeks to obscure faith and truth and light, and bring peace with sin and self. It is the bare truth that makes known the distinct difference between the gold of the righteousness of Jesus and the dross of humanity.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.