ClubAdventist is back!

Anient female military leaders.

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

We all know the stories of Deborah and Jail as told in the Bible and how these women engaged in combat. Were these the exceptions? Or does ancient history tell us of other women who fought for their country?

Ca. 850 B.C. Queens Zabibi and Samsi combined their armies to engage the armies of Tiglathl-Pileser IV of Assyria. They both rode into combat at the head of their armies.

269 A.D. Queen Bat Zabbai conquered all of Egypt for Syria. And her kingdom eventually stretched from Egypt to the Bosporus and from the Mediterranean to India.

Queen Boudicea of Britain battled Rome. We also have Queen Thyra of Denmark and others.

The following URL is one of a number that will give you more names:

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/womenbiography/tp/030110WomenWarriors.htm

Gregory

• Members

not "ancient," but Joan of Arc comes to mind, as well..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Queen Elizabeth went into battle against the Armada. I like how she described herself in her famous Tilbury speech:

"I know I have the body of a weak, feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too, and think foul scorn that Parma or Spain, or any prince of Europe, should dare to invade the borders of my realm; to which rather than any dishonour shall grow by me, I myself will take up arms, I myself will be your general, judge, and rewarder of every one of your virtues in the field."

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Sacajawea guided Lewis and Clark through unknown territory...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

i think women have been most disserviced when they were so rewarded for becoming mere objects to men, they are accepted it.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

i think women have been most disserviced when they were so rewarded for becoming mere objects to men, they are accepted it.
If you are talking about sexual exploitation of women... I agree!

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Did you hear about the tomb recently discovered in Italy? Completely new find, really old, never entered before. Two bodies. One with a sword by him, the other with what sounds like some nice lady things.

Turns out the "guy" with the sword? Was a woman! The other body? A man!

I have no idea what all that means... :)

• 1 month later...

And then, we can go back to Israel, where this discussion seems to have begun...

Israeli+female+soldiers+troops+member+wo

It seems there are multiple cultures and countries these days who are putting women into places that men usually didn't want their women to have to be in. Whatever happened to the man of the house being the one to defend his family? Now, the women, it seems, must take up arms to fill the lack of real manly men. What do those so-called "men" do? Many play virtual war on their computers these days.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

• Moderators

Quote:
Whatever happened to the man of the house being the one to defend his family?

Green, do you believe that females should not be allowed to serve in the military?

As I observe the animal kingdom, it is often the female who defends the family. NOTE: It is the lioness who defends the cubs.

As I served in the U.S. Army during the time when women were first filling the MOS where men had previously served, I observed that the females were generally of high quality--they had to be to succeed.

Gregory

Gregory,

I certainly believe that women should not be required to serve in the military. I also believe women should not want to serve in the military.

Furthermore, I think when women serve in the military, it causes problems both for the women and for the men soldiers.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

• Moderators

Is it the women who cause the problems, or do the men cause the problems.

By the way, have you ever served in a military?

Have you ever served with women in the military?

Gregory

• Moderators

Green said:

Quote:
I also believe women should not want to serve in the military.

They want to serve for the same reasons that men want to serve.

1) They want to serve theier country. NOTE: When Doss was offered out, he demanded as a citizen of the U.S. his right to serve.

2) Unmarried people (men and women) need to earn an income and beacome self-supporting. The military provids income that some could not otherwise earn. Greeen, do you beleive that all women should be married and dependent upon their husbands for their spport? If so, do you bleive that all women should marry upon graduation from High School.

3) Service in the military is a fast track to U.S. citenship.

4) Service in the military can provied financing for college educaiton.

5) Service in the military can provie training tocome physicians and nurses.

6) Some men and women want to get away from home and see the world.

7) The need for medical care for familly members.

Green: Women want to serve in the military for the same reasons that men want to serve.

Gregory

I have a granddaughter who is being drafted into the Norwegian military in January. The military will then pay for her education. There is a new law in Norway requiring military service by females.

She will be protecting the royalty of Norway.