ClubAdventist is back!

Argue Your Faith Intelligently!

phkrause

• Members

by Rob Kerby, Senior Editor

Roshan Masih, a 45-year-old Pakistani Christian, was shot dead after an argument over religion in Lahore, capital of Punjab. The website Fides writes that his death brought bewilderment and grief to the Christian community: “it was an act of murder in cold blood. Roshan’s defense of his Christian beliefs may have been considered ‘blasphemous,’ but he was just sharing his personal convictions."

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Gallerie..._term=yahoo.com

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Not to pile on the poor fellow or his fellow Christians there, but...

The Waldensians knew better than to share their faith with just anybody. A lesson Christians in many different countries would do well to consider and emulate in these times. Our turn is coming...

Common sense, practical application, reasonable suspicion all must be employed in times of great persecution. A time to be bold and a time to keep quiet.

During the Civil War some Adventist boldly proclaimed they would not serve in the military. If you didn't you faced the death penalty! James White had some counsel for them, "It would be madness to resist", was how he put it. I interpret that to mean, they were idiots, bent on a suicide mission, under the guise of being Christians. The REAL Christians were keeping a very low profile, didn't have much to say, certainly not bragging about it! They recognized the solemnity of the hour. Sister White says acts like this are in fact suicide! Paul said it a little differently, "If I deliver my body to be burned and have not love...".

Quote:
Sister White says acts like this are in fact suicide!

That reminded me of something I was listening to just the other day:

And then, in words which from that day to this have been to men and women a source of inspiration and encouragement, Paul set forth the importance of that love which should be cherished by the followers of Christ: "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." {AA 318.1}

No matter how high the profession, he whose heart is not filled with love for God and his fellow men is not a true disciple of Christ. Though he should possess great faith and have power even to work miracles, yet without love his faith would be worthless. He might display great liberality; but should he, from some other motive than genuine love, bestow all his goods to feed the poor, the act would not commend him to the favor of God. In his zeal he might even meet a martyr's death, yet if not actuated by love, he would be regarded by God as a deluded enthusiast or an ambitious hypocrite. {AA 318.2}