ClubAdventist is back!

Not a Murder

Ellen

This isn't exactly the right place to post this, but I thought readers of this section might know something about this.

A few weeks ago our pastor insisted that he heard someone went into Dr. Laura's apartment and killed her.

I turned on her programme since then and they seem to be up to date so I am convinced that she is still alive. I believe she lost her T V show and suspect that he heard her T V show was killed.

Our pastor is not really fluent in English yet and I think that would explain the confusion.

I am just asking if anyone knows any thing that might have been reported as Dr. Laura's death.

• Moderators

He could be referring to her mother, who was found dead in her apartment a few months ago. Dr. Laura was estranged from her mother, and the body was not found for a number of weeks. Her death was not a natural death -- murder, if I remember correctly. I haven't heard if it has been solved. Dr. Laura was criticized for not being able to patch up the relationship between herself and her mother, but from what I understand, the estrangement was the mother's choice.

LynnDel

LD

• 2 months later...

I heard Dr. Laura tell about her mother's death. The lady lived alone in a condo, and not even the neighbors knew that she had died. From what I understand, she died last September, and the body was not discovered until November or December. She was an extreme recluse, having no friends or contact with anyone on a regular basis. The medical examiner of Los Angeles (I think that was the city) came to the conclusion that she died of natural causes. So so sad, not even being missed, especially by one's own children.

Coroner: Dr. Laura's Mom Wasn't Murdered

Schlessinger Died Of Natural Causes

POSTED: 8:59 a.m. EDT April 10, 2003

The Los Angeles County coroner's office concluded Wednesday that the mother of radio talk show host Dr. Laura Schlessinger died of natural causes -- and was not murdered, as originally suspected.

Four days after the discovery, Dr. Laura told her radio audience her mother had been murdered.

The body of Yolanda Schelssinger, who was 77, was found in her Beverly Hills, Calif., apartment in December after a concerned neighbor reported to the police that she had not seen the woman for weeks.

The Beverly Hills police indicated that due to the conditions at the scene, the woman was dead for a substantial period of time. The coroner's office initially treated the case as a homicide because things in Yolanda Schlessenger's apartment seemed to be out of place.

But Wednesday, a spokesman said Yolanda Schlessinger died of cardiovascular disease, possibly from a heart attack, stroke or aneurysm.

Dr. Laura also said in December she regretted being unable to resolve years of estrangement before her mother's death. In a statement issued by her manager, Keven Bellows the radio host said, "I am horrified by the tragic circumstances of my mother's death, and so sad to learn that she died as she chose to live -- alone and isolated. My mother shut all her family out of her life over the years, though we made several futile attempts to stay connected. May God rest her soul."

• 5 months later...

Quote:

Dr. Laura was criticized for not being able to patch up the relationship between herself and her mother, but from what I understand, the estrangement was the mother's choice.

[:"red"]Wow. Now that I didn't know, but it explains a lot. No wonder Dr. Laura is such a bitter and hostile person who hides her sadistic impulses under a mask of "tough love" ... she's unconsciously trying to get back at Mom! tongue.gif [/]

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot