ClubAdventist is back!

Who is your God?

Johann

Republican? Democrat? Liberal?

Caucasian? African? Asian?

Rich? Poor?

Adventist? Catholic? Muslim?

Is the definition of God influenced by political views? By culture?

By social status?

Does a supporter of Obama have the same view of God as a staunch republican?

• Members

No! No! No!

No! No! No!

No! No!

No! No! No!

Definitely No! No, but if we're gonna go by culture, than he's Jewish by that.

No!

Definitely Yes!!

To answer your original question, He is my Savior and the Savior of this world.

• Like 2

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I think my Gods likely find human politics petty and boring and see a much bigger picture than that.

They're Gods, race seems to relevant

I doubt they go hungry, but again I suspect wealth and its trappings effect them much

I don't really think that any God belongs to any denomination. They are way to smart for that.

I think how humans define God is influenced by politics,culture, and social status, I doubt Gods define themselves by that.

no....no......no

no....no....no....

no.....Yes......

I hope so....no....no

no.....no....

no....

probably not.....

But what would you do if I equally answered-

Yes,....yes....yes...

yes....yes....yes....

yes....yes...

I hope not....yes, ..yes

yes...yes...

yes..

Good chance of it.....

cool2

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I don't usually scream in capitals -- I have capitalized my responses to set them apart from the questions. I hope my answers aren't too loud.

Republican? Democrat? Liberal? THESE ARE HUMAN EXPRESSIONS. GOD CANNOT BE CONTAINED WITHIN A POLITICAL CATEGORY.

Caucasian? African? Asian? THE CREATOR OF ALL COLORS AND FORMS EXPRESSES THROUGH ALL.

Rich? Poor? THE CREATOR OWNS EVERYTHING, I GUESS THAT QUALIFIES AS RICH. THE CREATOR DOES NOT DEPEND ON EARTH RESOURCES FOR COMFORT OR SUSTENANCE, SO OWNING EVERYTHING SERVES A DIFFERENT PURPOSE IF ONE IS THE CREATOR, AND I'M NOT CERTAIN IT CAN BE CATEGORIZED IN TERMS OF RICH VS. POOR.

Adventist? Catholic? Muslim? CERTAIN ASPECTS OF GOD ARE EXPRESSED IN MOST, POSSIBLY ALL, RELIGIONS. NO RELIGION CAN CONTAIN NOR EXPRESS ALL ASPECTS OF GOD.

Is the definition of God influenced by political views? By culture? HUMAN DEFINITIONS OF EVERYTHING ARE INFLUENCED BY CULTURE AND VARIOUS VIEWS.

By social status? THAT, TOO.

Does a supporter of Obama have the same view of God as a staunch republican? NOT THE ONES I KNOW.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

my God is the one who can gather to Himself His children from all the various human cultures nations and races, religions, political perspectives, social positions, etc...

• Like 1

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• 2 years later...

My God is the same God that Jesus Christ has as his God. See Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34, John 20:17, Revelation 3:12

• Like 1

grw

Well as you all know I do not believe in the word god. I also believe that there are THREE INDIVIDUALS BEINGS in Heaven. THEIR SUBTITLE is ELOHIM. My Bible said let US make man in OUR IMAGE and OUR LIKENESS. Then John said that in the beginning was THE WORD and THE WORD was ELOHIM and with ELOHIM. The Bible also states that you cannot get to THE SON or THE FATHER if you grieve or turn away THE HOLY SPIRIT. HE never speaks about HIMSELF but HE IS THE ONE who place THE SEED of YAHSHUA into Mary.

Now the question is the belief of our parties about THE MOST HIGH, they think they are serving HIM base on their religious beliefs. But because the Catholic Church has dominated religion and politic so long that Protestants including Adventist have lean to her way of thinking contrary to the Bible. The Bible has always be evolve with the political and religious affairs of men you can see that with the OT as well as the NT. It is true through out history that religion and politic have enter-wine when they shouldn't. Nebuchadnezzar with Daniel and then the Hebrew boys, Pontiff Pilate with YAHSHUA and us today with homosexual, abortion any thing that is related to religious conviction. These do not have anything to do with federal or state government but the Republican claims this country was founded by religious men and they were not! This country was founded on freedom of religion but the Republican refuse to accept and also global warming. In reality the earth is dying, simple.

The Democrats want THE HEAVENLY FATHER on their term secularism. They want to do their own thing without be governing by the Bible or any religion. Oh they accept that a SUPERNATURAL BEING exist but HE, THEY do not interfere with men. They can have their own life style believe that men come from monkeys and the earth and the universe is billions or trillions years old. Even when men went out into space and saw that the earth had a crust completely around it showing that it was emerge in water. Yet they can't explain the simplest thing of how the earth rotates on it own and the moon and the sun does the same thing. They can't explain Saturn's rings that the ice meteor speeds rapidly but have not collided or Jupiter chemicals that explode on the planet but it does not explode. Many of the chemicals on Jupiter are in the hydrogen and nuclear bomb! Mercury should have melted by not by it being so close to the sun. They think they can explain Nova's and stars burning out but they really can't.

Money is the root of all evil and the rich are getting richer and poorer barely surviving as if most people want government handouts. They don't!, The ethnic problem is sin and I am sad to say Japheth being these oldest feel he is more superior to his brothers today and that's a fact. Does this mean individually we can't change and see our error of course not!

Adventist straddle the fence we are Republics or Democrats and we should have realize by now that this is not how it should be. We of all people having the message should advocate justice, truthiness and love, but we don't. We are no different then the Jews in YAHSHUA' day, the majority rejected HIM then as we are doing the exact same now. We are caught in all this mess instead correcting our errors learning to change culturally in our churches and put on the amour to preach the Loud Cry. If you do not realize what is happening both politically and religiously you are in for a BIG SURPRISE! The Time of Trouble is in our faces right now. We are in the time of the Spirit of Elijah because all of what is happening now was warn to us in the Bible. 144,000 your time has come wake up!!!!!!

Blessings!

• Moderators

I'd add 'male or female?' And answer that God contains both of those possibilities too.

Truth is important

• Moderators

I'm not so sure I *have* a God (or god, or goddess, or suite of gods). I believe God exists, and is infinite, omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent... but not an interventionist.

Rather than worship a god, I seek to follow the teachings of Jesus.

Truth is important

I like the Biblical characterization of God, generally speaking. Still, I have yet to see whether reality lines up with this view.  I'm not discounting it entirely, I'm just saying that in eleven years, everything I have set out to do to get my life together has failed. Asking God for help doesn't appear to have resulted in anything. The people I've reached out to have enough on their own plates and I respect that, but that still leaves me alone, tired and frustrated. Who is my God?  To be honest, I don't have a clue anymore. 

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

Our religions tend to color our picture of our Creator and limit our conceptions of his intelligence and power. While the authors of the OT tended to portray YHVH as a jealous God who has no problem destroying the disobedient, the NT authors, quoting Christ, portray him as a loving father and the Kingdom as a pleasant place after the destruction of all of the disobedient.

To those who love and obey YHVH, our Master, in the next life he will take care of all of their needs, even before they think to ask, but to those who hate him or are angry with him or don't believe in him he is their destroyer. Evil cannot be permitted to enter and contaminate the Kingdom of YHVH, hence, the baptism, or purification of those wishing to enter. Not the earthly baptism in ordinary water, but the baptism in the River of Life which will wash all of our selfishness and rebellion away forever.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451