ClubAdventist is back!

Sympathy for the Devil

M. T. Cross

I have been around here for a few years now, and I want to preface my question here by saying that there are a small handful of people here that really are an example of loving, caring and really holy people.

That said, I challenge anyone to read over various parts of this forum, look at the "tone" of a lot of the responses and interactions and then answer this question:

If your God and your Devil were members of CA, which one do you think would enjoy the tone of the interactions more?

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on this question.....would dearly love to show some similarities between some members and your two devine beings...

Of course, turn about is fair play, and I am sure there are too many people who would speak of the similarities of me and the Devil....

Of course, I would plead that all I told was the truth, but [sigh] the devil would plead the same.....

Yeah, too many freight trains and too many toes on the rails....

gonna pass.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

Very good question MT, not sure there's an easy answer, but there is an answer, but like Neil I think I wont touch it either.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I think what I asked has been misunderstood.

Let me rephrase it.

If God and the Devil were to read this board and see how people treat each other, which one do you think would get the most satisfaction?

• Members

Satan

and the reason I say that, is because he loves controversy, sniping, and self-serving opinions....he finds that all very very useful...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

My God would tell the truth, and Lucifer would attempt distort and decieve its true meaning as he always has done. Obviously, God would not attempt to persude Lucifer to change his ways, as this time has come and past.

Our tone in how we speak with other Christians and non Christians, would be TOTALLY different in how God would discourse with Lucifer.

MT readdressed this question-

If God and the Devil were to read this board and see how people treat each other, which one do you think would get the most satisfaction?

And I will answer this question...

.......it doesn't matter...

It doesn't matter because the results don't matter to them. It

does matter to us, as it affects us...and we give permission to them to affect our humanity...

If you were to add one more group, say "God, the devil, or humans", and I would answer that humans would get the most satisfaction.....

...and all for the wrong reasons that you think....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw