ClubAdventist is back!

If it was your wife...

Tom Wetmore

It is ridiculous to suggest Church law is so complicated that Church members can't possibly understand why some Conferences and NAD have disregarded the G.C.'s authority.

I will let the leadership of the Church speak for itself. While you scramble through a couple of thousand pages of legalize looking for another loop hole and finding just the right "spin" to justify the ongoing rebellion.

Calm down, Club...God is still on His throne... He isn't becoming defunct or deposed...He is still the Author of the universe and your life will remain the same....Life will continue......

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Me!?!?!?!?

I'm not in this anymore....You are using words that come from an emotional base... "ridiculous" and you phrases....

You do know that those phrases are from the emotional side of you and provide hints as to your emotional state...

so, calm down...take a break....count to 10 [i'd add an extra 10 count just to make sure that I was calm, if I were you]...regain that clarity that we like so much....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

Sometimes I wish you guys could read all of this from an outside perspective like I get to. Its very telling.

One of the reasons to value your presence here. If we could only see ourselves as others see us… Yep, telling indeed!

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

It is ridiculous to suggest Church law is so complicated that Church members can't possibly understand why some Conferences and NAD have disregarded the G.C.'s authority.

I will let the leadership of the Church speak for itself. While you scramble through a couple of thousand pages of legalize looking for another loop hole and finding just the right "spin" to justify the ongoing rebellion.

Here is just ONE such example of a rogue Conference. Note the word "violation".

“Administrations of all organizations and institutions within a division’s territory shall be responsible to their respective executive committees/boards and operate in harmony with [the] division and General Conference Executive Committee actions and policies.” 2 For the above reasons, the recent action taken by the Columbia Union Conference Constituency Session to approve ordination without respect to gender represents a violation of these policies."

“God has invested His church with special authority and power which no one can be justified in disregarding and despising, for he who does this despises the voice of God.” AA 164

Policy, Church Law, rules, guidelines, whatever you want to call it Tom. The fact remains violtions of "it" are despising the voice of God. That is a very serious violation!

Couldna said it better myself.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
On November 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Tom Wetmore said:

Not sure if my previous post in another topic was purposefully ignored, overlooked, or just overwhelmed by the avalanche of tangential arguments that took over that thread, but I never got any answer from anyone in the anti-WO camp. So I am reposting it as a new topic. Anyone willing to honestly answer this one?

On November 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Tom Wetmore said:
  Tom Wetmore said:
... Let's assume you wife, after much thoughtful reflection, study and prayer, told you that she fully supported WO and women in church leadership. What are you as a man and husband going to do about that? And what would you do if she further told you that she was under the growing conviction that God was calling her to become a pastor and that she had decided that she would follow that calling wherever it lead should such an opportunity present itself to her? And what would you do if a conference president called her and offered her a pastoral assignment?

As the discussion unfolded this apparently was a far from easily answered question.  I am reviving this to see if anyone is willing to consider  it and give us an answer.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Due their lack of man glands, women tend to be less prone to aggression and violence, making them, perhaps, superior leaders. If men were banned from the military and government positions, peace might sweep across the world. 

Women in the ministry can't do any worse than the men, and maybe better.

• Like 2

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

4 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

Due their lack of man glands, women tend to be less prone to aggression and violence, making them, perhaps, superior leaders. If men were banned from the military and government positions, peace might sweep across the world. 

I've heard this argument before.  "If women were in control the world would be a better place."  Really - what Bible verse offers your insight?

4 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

Due their lack of man glands, women tend to be less prone to aggression and violence....

Yes, women are typically not aggressive ready to fight.  But let me remind you that it is mainly women who push for abortion rights, not men.

• Moderators

In response to Tom and his question:

Over the years, my wife and I have come into agreement in many ways.  However, we are two different people with personalities that differ and sometimes differences in how we approach an issue and relate to it.  Sometimes when we have to both approach an issue we agree to a common method.  At other times we agree to differ with each in our own way approaching it.  The significant thing here is that we agree to disagree.

I consider my wife to be a competent adult who is individually responsible to God in a manner that I am not responsible to God for her actions & beliefs.  God gave  her the freedom of choice and I must honor that freedom.  For me to do any less would be to reject a fundamental aspect of God's nature and his method of salvation which includes individual freedom of choice.  As such, I can encourage my wife to follow what she believes to be the leading of the Holy Spirit.  But, if I do not believe that such is my calling,  I do not have to be directly involved.  I do not have to be involved in every aspect of my wife's life.  To be so involved could indicate control issues on my part.

To respond to those who might push what I have said here to the asinine I will say:  Yes there are boundaries.  If my wife were to bring other men into our bedroom (I am aware of men who have brought other women into their bedrooms at home.) My response might include terminating the marital relationship with my wife. 

A second part of my response might be this:  While some women might be willing to do X, Doing X is not a part of who my wife is.  I am certain that my wife will never desire to do X.  If she were to change, I would have to consider other more serious clinical changes in her.

Gregory

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

I've seen quite a bit of aggression and violence in women. Even when I was in Elementary school the school's biggest bully was the shortest girl in the whole school, but she would kick and hit with her purse and I've seen her knock down guys twice her size and once they were on the ground and she was done kicking them and hitting them with her purse she'd drag them by the hair through every mud puddle on the playground.

• Members
35 minutes ago, Kevin H said:

I've seen quite a bit of aggression and violence in women. Even when I was in Elementary school the school's biggest bully was the shortest girl in the whole school, but she would kick and hit with her purse and I've seen her knock down guys twice her size and once they were on the ground and she was done kicking them and hitting them with her purse she'd drag them by the hair through every mud puddle on the playground.

that put a mental picture in my mind of Cindy Brady (from The Brady Bunch) beating up the Fonz (from Happy Days)..... lol

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

That wasn't bad! I wish I had a video camera back in Jr Hi, in NYC, Spanish Harlem in the Bronx to be exact. I saw more fights in those 3 years, 7th to 9th grade than I've ever seen before and since. And only a few were guys the rest were girls!! You think guys fight dirty, ha, no way. Especially hispanic girls, more fire in them than in most!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Perhaps if only women were in the military and government there would not be much difference. For now, mostly men are creating and fighting wars that end up killing women and children, too.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451