ClubAdventist is back!

why is remarriage ok with our pastors but not ok with Paul

rev184

Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress:

1cor 7 / ROM 7

comeout ofher mypeople Rev18:4

Dear dgrimm 60

How I wish it were so and secretly wishing one to convince me differ but the text in context is as follows:

8 But I say to the agamos- (unmarried ) aren't married ,and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; 9 but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Keep Your Marriage Vows

10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, (let her remain unmarried) or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

agamos : not married

Apoluo/apo/ divorced /:l separate loose release let die put away

I've been separated from my spouse for years and she has found someone else even had a child with someone else. But we are married. I've had two sides of the story the liberal and the conservative. And really I just want the biblical. question am I to be alone?

She's married to me so I guess just living together. not interested in the Bible that I know of. She says she hates me and wants nothing from me but a devorce, was trying a little to reconcile, once. I feel that when I gave up on her and her games that being she was under my forgiveness for something. That I brought the full weight of the Blame of this whole thing onto myself. causing her to become a adulteress and me to be alone for the rest of my life lest I become a adulterer and the person i'm with to be as well.

I must say God has permitted my will and if this so to be how ever it is to be. I believe that i'm closer to Him than I would of ever gotten to be. Without being in His will from the beginning, and then I would of never been married to her anyhow.but still marriage is sacred.

Wouldn't a divorce be agreeing to make her an adulteress,

And by this text is it not clear to then stay alone?-

Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, (let her remain unmarried) or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

Wouldn't a divorce be agreeing to make her an adulteress,

And by this text is it not clear to then stay alone?-

Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, (let her remain unmarried) or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

Amen.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

If she has had a child with someone else she is already an adultress. You have Biblical grounds for divorcing her. If you do not then you must remain single according to the scriptures. Nuff Sed

Yes grounds for devorce yes but not grounds to remarry .

11 But even if she does depart, (let her remain unmarried) or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

Would be the same as but if he departs let him remain unmarried or be reconciled to his wife!

• Moderators

Quote:
I've been separated from my spouse for years and she has found someone else even had a child with someone else. But we are married. I've had two sides of the story the liberal and the conservative. And really I just want the biblical. question am I to be alone?

Such issues and questions are better discussed face to face between you and your spiritual counselor (pastor).

I will simply say: Based upon what I have seen written here, the majority of SDA pastors would consent to perform your marriage to someone else.

Gregory

Dear Stan,

I'm not actually addressing anyone with rev 18:4 except those the Bible is addressing ,I can't fit :hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Jude 23 but that one fit. But it would be to people in churches with Babylonian customs we Laodiceans have our issues but very little Babylon stuff, well maybe a little in holidays and but not many know the roots of such masked as they are. I'm not a sdr or a splitter sda group i'm baptized sda and am actually working on a sermon for tomorrow. I actually rejoice when they (the splitter sda'ers)come back to sda even though in the state we are in. Paul didn't jump ship in the midst of all turmoil.

Those who have proclaimed the Seventh-day Adventist Church as Babylon, have made use of the Testimonies in giving their position a seeming support; but why is it that they did not present that which for years has been the burden of my message—the unity of the church? Why did they not quote the words of the angel, “Press together, press together, press together”? Why did they not repeat the admonition and state the principle, that “in union there is strength, in division there is weakness”? It is such messages as these men have borne that divide the church, and put us to shame before the enemies of truth; and in such messages is plainly revealed the specious working of the great deceiver, who would hinder the church from attaining unto perfection in unity. (one accord former and latter rain)-insert

“My brother, I learn that you are taking the position that the Seventh-day Adventist Church is Babylon, and that all that would be saved must come out of her. You are not the only man the devil has deceived in this matter. For the last forty years, one man after another has arisen, claiming that the Lord has sent him with the same message; but let me tell you, as I have told them, that this message you are proclaiming is one of the satanic delusions designed to create confusion among the churches.

Testimonies to ministers and gospel workers ch.1 1893/1923

We must pray that God will unseal the fountain of the water of life. And we must ourselves receive of the living water. Let us, with contrite hearts, pray most earnestly that now, in the time of the latter rain, the showers of grace may fall upon us. At every meeting we attend our prayers should ascend, that at this very time God will impart warmth and moisture to our souls. As we seek God for the Holy Spirit, it will work in us meekness, humbleness of mind, a conscious dependence upon God for the perfecting latter rain. If we pray for the blessing in faith, we shall receive it as God has promised. testimonies to ministers chapter 18

But as in ACTS all of one accord,

Sincerely nathan,

• Administrators

Boy am I confused ... I must take time to re-read this entire thread once again.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Yes, totally confusing! I am wondering if this person is not also posting under another name as well. Both are very liberal with their cut and paste of EGW without much else to say, or maybe we have a couple of people from the same 'group' posting. Very similar if not identical types of post.

thinking

"[10] To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. [11] But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.[12] To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. [13] And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. [14] For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy" (1 Corinthians 7)).

oG

Here’s a fun experiment: post something on your Facebook condemning any sin — not sinner, but sin. Maybe write a few paragraphs about why we shouldn’t kill babies, or why marriage is sacred. Write something defending truth. Write something combating popular cultural lies about morality. Write something where you call out an act — not a person — an act, and then sit back and wait for the responses. On average it will take only 4.7 seconds before a self-identified Christian rushes in to insist that you must never speak out against any evil, ever, for any reason, lest you be guilty of “judging.”

And then the “no judging” chorus will begin:

“We’re not allowed to judge.”

“Christians shouldn’t judge.”

“Jesus said to never judge.”

“You’re not a real Christian because you are judging.”

“You’re judging so I’m going to judge you and tell you that you’re a piece of garbage because you judge so much!”

“Judger! You’re a big fat judge-face, all you do is judge all day like a judging judge McJudgePants!”

And so on.

g

• Administrators

Here is how Facebook works. It is a place where friends gather. You choose your friends and who can friend you. You can control access to what you post so that those who are not your friends don't see what you post. And you can control what you see of even your friends posting.

Maybe the results of this fun experiment says more about your choice of Facebook friends. Or maybe it is simply a reaction of your Facebook friends to being preached at. It is a social network first and foremost. Sharing among friends of positive views, opinions and ideas usually get "liked". Polemics, preaching and propaganda are not so much welcome and either get ignored or negative reaction. If the point is not received and anti-social (remember, it is a social network) postings continue, "un-friending" happens.

And then, maybe the experiment says more about the one experimenting to get a negative reaction out of people. In most internet interactive contexts, that is called trolling.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)