ClubAdventist is back!

Beware of wolves in Sheep's clothing that come here.

Stan

They will often look and sound like practicing Adventists, often they have not attended Church for years, do not support it with Tithe and Offerings.

Often belong to an 'offshoot', for lack of a better word, that proclaim that the Church is Babylon and we are to come out of it and join them, which usually means send the Lord's Tithe to them.

It is not unusually for them to take early statements by EGW, and not reflect what she grew and was shown later on in life.

The condemn most leadership today, and will cause discouragement to as many as they can, in the name of 'love'.

• Like 2

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Stan,

I appreciate your concern here; but I also have a concern. There are some of us here (me for one) that consider ourselves practicing Adventists; but others consider us wolves in sheep's clothing. It's mostly because I question the infallability of EGW and certain SDA interpretations of prophecy. Yet, as I read them, I conform to all 28 pillars of faith. What constitutes a "practicing Adventist" - church attendance, sinlessness, doctrinal purity, all of the above? I'm a little sensitive to this; cuz a member of this forum called me out in public as a wolf in sheep's clothing a while back.

• Like 2

Stan,

I appreciate your concern here; but I also have a concern. There are some of us here (me for one) that consider ourselves practicing Adventists; but others consider us wolves in sheep's clothing. It's mostly because I question the infallability of EGW and certain SDA interpretations of prophecy. Yet, as I read them, I conform to all 28 pillars of faith. What constitutes a "practicing Adventist" - church attendance, sinlessness, doctrinal purity, all of the above? I'm a little sensitive to this; cuz a member of this forum called me out in public as a wolf in sheep's clothing a while back.

The church does not teach the infallibility of EGW

The church does not teach sinlessness.

The church has changed views on prophecy, and if we ever cease to review in light of more information we are in trouble.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

Quote:

It was a time of spiritual crisis for me and I needed professional help, which I recognized and so I got it. But, one aspect remained: What was I going to do about my relationship to the SDA Church

That answer came to me when I determined that I would not allow others to define what it meant for me to be Seventh-day Adventist.

Yes, the Church must have standards and the Church has just exercised it right to have standards, this week.

But, beyond that, the Church is not a group of people who agree on every aspect of doctrine. It is not a group of people who have exactly the same life style. It does not mean that every person could live happily with every other person, in the same home.

Each person will have to determine the boundaries that define the word "church" make their decision accordingly. No one can make that decision for another.

I came out of my time of spiritual crisis with a personal decision and I remain a part of the Church, sometimes in spite of a few people here who would like to exclude me.

Gregory

• Members

and then there are some here who are sheep in wolves' clothing... I kinda have an affinity for them... :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Heb 12:27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Before God is finished I find He will shake things up thoroughly!

"Soon the battle will be waged fiercely between those who serve and those who serve Him not. Soon everything that can be shaken will be shaken, that those things that cannot be shaken may remain."--Testimonies, vol. 9, pp. 15, 16. {ChS 56.3}

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

A Freeman In Jesus Christ

Originally Posted By: M. T. Cross
I may just be a wolf......

I'm a zygon.

I had to google that LOL

They look nothing like a cricket.

They will often look and sound like practicing Adventists, often they have not attended Church for years, do not support it with Tithe and Offerings.

Legalism is what you prefer.

Sheep good.

Wolves bad.

G

God made both and they are necessary for the ecology of the earth. Where there is good, there must be bad, at least until Christ comes back.

• Moderators

From Wikepedia:

Quote:
The Zygons are a fictional extraterrestrial race in the long-running British science fiction television programme Doctor Who.

The Zygons have shape-shifting abilities, allowing them to replicate the appearance of another being, but they must keep the subject alive in order to use its body print. This skill was vital in their concealment and in their scheme to seize power despite their small numbers.

Gregory

Wolves in sheep's clothing are the many fleecing pastors that are merchandising the Word of God and the gospel with smooth things and a false gospel saved in sin!

Some of these are living extremely high on the "hog" for their own aggrandizement. They may just be living the only "heaven" they will ever have!

Note these verses well,

Isa 30:8 ¶ Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:

Isa 30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:

Isa 30:10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

Isa 30:11 Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

Isa 30:12 Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:

Isa 30:13 Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant.

Mt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Lu 11:35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

Lu 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Ac 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Ro 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

• Moderators

Wolves in sheep's clothing are the many fleecing pastors that are merchandising the Word of God and the gospel with smooth things and a false gospel saved in sin!

Oh, because they do not accept your brand of perfectionism?

Quote:

Some of these are living extremely high on the "hog" for their own aggrandizement. They may just be living the only "heaven" they will ever have!

The above statements remind of these quotes:

"Those who are really seeking to perfect Christian character will never indulge the thought that they are sinless." SL 7.

"We feel sad to see professed Christians led astray by the false and betwitching theory that they are perfect, because it is so difficult to undeceive them and lead them into the right path." SL 12

• Like 1

Mercy Gerry, you make it sound like you almost like those fleeceing pastors that merchandise the Word and Gospel.

• Moderators

Mercy Gerry, you make it sound like you almost like those fleeceing pastors that merchandise the Word and Gospel.

How many "fleeching pastors" "living high on the hog" who will know no heaven than they are enjoying now do you know?

JoeMo

Don't let it get to you man. A label never made a true diamond any less authentic. I promise!

"I then saw a company pressing through the crowd with their eyes intently fixed upon the heavenly crown. As they earnestly urged their way through the disorderly crowd, angels attended them, and made room for them to advance. As they neared the heavenly crown, the light emanating from it shone upon them and around them, dispelling their darkness, and growing clearer and brighter, until they seemed to be transformed, and resembled the angels. They cast not one lingering look upon the earthly crown. Those who were in pursuit of the earthly, mocked them, and threw black balls after them. These did them no injury while their eyes were fixed upon the heavenly crown, but those who turned their attention to the black balls were stained with them. The following scripture was presented before me:" {Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 1, 349.1}

"The black balls which were thrown after the saints were the reproachful falsehoods put in circulation concerning God's people by those who love and make a lie. We should take the greatest care to live a blameless life, and abstain from all appearance of evil, and then it is our duty to move boldly forward, and pay no regard to the reproachful falsehoods of the wicked. While the eyes of the righteous are fixed upon the heavenly priceless treasure, they will become more and more like Christ, and thus they will be transformed and fitted for translation." {Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 1, 353.2}

• Like 2

~James Prest

Matthews

thumbsup

"Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." Romans 14:5

Its one of my favorite verses.

• Like 1

~James Prest

False teachers abound Gerry. These preach smooth things to please the people gathered to want it that way, the main disaster is the false gospel saved in sin, it is heard all around.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Mt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mt 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

And so what is the "gospel of the kingdom?"

Satan and his angels are in the assembly where the gospel of the kingdom is preached. While heavenly angels also are present to minister for those who shall be heirs of salvation, the enemy is ever on the alert that he may make of no effect the influence of the truth. With an earnestness that is only equaled by his malice, he seeks to thwart the operation of the Spirit of God on the heart of the hearer; for he sees that if the truth is accepted, he has lost control of his subject, and Christ has won the victory. Jesus says, in explaining the part of the parable where the seed fell by the wayside, "When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the wayside." {RH, May 31, 1892 par. 5}

The law and the gospel are in perfect harmony. Each upholds the other. In all its majesty the law confronts the conscience, causing the sinner to feel his need of Christ as the propitiation for sin. The gospel recognizes the power and immutability of the law. "I had not known sin, but by the law" (Romans 7:7), Paul declares. The sense of sin, urged home by the law, drives the sinner to the Saviour. In his need man may present the mighty arguments furnished by the cross of Calvary. He may claim the righteousness of Christ; for it is imparted to every repentant sinner. {AG 15.5}

• Moderators

Quote:
False teachers abound Gerry. These preach smooth things to please the people gathered to want it that way, the main disaster is the false gospel saved in sin, it is heard all around.

One the one hand is the false gospel that one can be saved while living in sin, that you are right, but on the other hand, there is also the equally falso gospel that you can be saved only by achieving sinless perfection.

We are enabled with His indwelling to walk as He walked!

"We have no hesitancy in telling you that in order to obtain the immortal inheritance and the eternal substance, you must be overcomers in this probationary life. Everything that blots and stains the soul must be removed, must be cleansed from the heart. We must know what it means to be a partaker of the divine nature, having escaped the corruptions that are in the world through lust. Are you willing to wage war against the lusts of the flesh? Are you ready to battle against the enemy of God and man? Satan is determined to enslave every soul if he can; for he is playing a desperate game to win the souls of men from Christ and eternal life. Will you permit him to steal from you the graces of the Spirit of God, and plant in you his own corrupt nature? or will you accept the great provision of salvation, and through the merits of the Infinite Sacrifice made in your behalf, become a partaker of the divine nature? God has given His only-begotten Son, that through His shame, suffering, and death, you might have glory, honor, and immortality".--Signs of the Times, June 15, 1891. {TDG 175.2}

Re 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Just don't sell yourself short on what "An Overcomer" is!

Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

• Like 1