ClubAdventist is back!

Beware of wolves in Sheep's clothing that come here.

Stan

43 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

I dont mind you not edorsing Ellen White or anything,  PLEESE dont blame the above fantasy world quotes on her.

Sorry; I agree that EGW didn't say all those things; but she did say some of them.  For the record, I was not disrespecting Ellen White; I was pointing out that - from my reading at least - those "facts" weren't in the Bible.  I am not a fan of putting EGW's writings on par with or above scripture.

5 hours ago, LifeHiscost said:

I couldn't be in greater agreement with you unless you believe it a capacity of our own, resulting without the aid/gift of the Holy Spirit"s power making it possible. After the coming of Jesus the second time, when having received our change, it will be our Divine nature.

To be perfectly clear ... overcoming cannot be done under a sinners own will power. It is the abiding of Jesus within and the formation of His character within you that makes this even possible. 

Surrendering will has always perplexed me. We were supposed to have liberty of choice and free will, but are asked to surrender our will to God. Then I came across a quote in "Christ Object Lessons" where it is said that we surrender our will to God and it is given back to us perfected! 

So, one of the greatest promises in the Bible is we can reach a place where we hate sin and will no longer surrender to it. But I will add, those who claim sinlessness ... probably aren't. I have read where even until Jesus comes, people will be anxiously looking to see that they have rid themselves of all uncleanness from within. However, they won't find any because as God sent His memory of our sin to the "bottom of the ocean", so has our memory been cleaned of remembrance of sin, and even Satan cannot remember what we have done wrong to torment us with it! Because if I could remmember my sinful past, so can God who sees all the way thru me and even so will Satan. 

There is a HUGE occurrence within us and within God when we are declared to be righteous still. We are not left alone to fend for ourselves just because there is no longer a mediator. Jesus PROMISED that He would not leave us or forsake us. 

• Like 1

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

4 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

That's where you are wrong, you can prove creation:

Sometimes I don't know where you get some of your stuff! (See earlier posts regarding EGW like quotes.)

If you can prove evolution, why do the majority of scientists still believe in evolution? I would submit that there is only one thing that will ever be "proven" in the entire history of the universe and creation is not it. And by prove, I mean every single human or angel that has ever lived will agree that it is true. That would be at the Great White Throne Judgement when all of God's creatures will agree that God is just and righteous and even the wicked knowing that their annihilation is imminent will be in agreement. Beyond that, there will never be universal agreement on anything.

• Like 1

Bill Liversidge Seminars

1 hour ago, B/W Photodude said:

Beyond that, there will never be universal agreement on anything.

Until after the annihilation of the wicked ones. Then there will be perfect harmony throughout the universe forever.

• Like 1

Bill Liversidge Seminars

2 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Sometimes I don't know where you get some of your stuff! (See earlier posts regarding EGW like quotes.)

If you can prove evolution, why do the majority of scientists still believe in evolution? I would submit that there is only one thing that will ever be "proven" in the entire history of the universe and creation is not it. And by prove, I mean every single human or angel that has ever lived will agree that it is true. That would be at the Great White Throne Judgement when all of God's creatures will agree that God is just and righteous and even the wicked knowing that their annihilation is imminent will be in agreement. Beyond that, there will never be universal agreement on anything.

Simple, they rather believe a lie and they are delusional. Do you know what a hypothesis is or a theory? Well, scientists use those two words a lot. Check it out! I do not know what I commented on EGW. You have to give me the book and what I was referring too, please! You show me something that has evolved, please!

Happy Sabbath and be blessed!

9 hours ago, JoeMo said:

I have chosen whom I will serve - Yahweh and His Son. I will serve THE ELOHIM; not the elohim. (See Psalm 82)

Well, Joe, that's who I serve as well. THEY are not some trinity a part of, but THREE SPIRITUAL INDIVIDUAL BEINGS and THEIR TITLE is ELOHIYM-ALMIGHTY! YAHSHUA came in HIS FATHER'S NAME and HE DOES the WILL of HIS FATHER. THE HOLY SPIRIT works with THEM BOTH, THE FATHER and THE SON. THEY Work together as a UNIT of ONE! THEY never do EACH OTHER'S job. THEY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER! You know what is so awesome about THEM, THEY serve us, yet we can't respect who THEY ARE and THEIR HOLY NAMES. You know why THE LAMB will have Wrath in the last days? Because created beings disrespect HIS FATHER, HIS FATHER'S TITLE, HIS FATHER'S NAME and what HIS FATHER, THE MOST HIGH rules over, the entire universe!!!!!! Who do we think we are?

2 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Simple, they rather believe a lie and they are delusional. Do you know what a hypothesis is or a theory? Well, scientists use those two words a lot. Check it out!

I am sorry, but some of your responses are starting to get insulting.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

4 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Where do you come up with this stuff?  It mostly sounds like Ellen White-isms to me.

Why does everybody have to think that everything is about EGW? The Bible proves this is so. 

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of ELOHIYM came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.  And ELOHIYM Saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Gen 6:4, 5 

And YAHWEH came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built.  And YAHWEH said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Gen 11:5, 6 

Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Lev18:23 

For the Wrath of ELOHIYM is revealed from Heaven against all unholiness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of ELOIYM is manifest in them; for ELOHIYM hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of HIM from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even HIS ETERNAL POWER and DIVINITY; so that they are without excuse:  Because that, when they knew ELOIYM, they glorified HIM not as ELOHIYM, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools And changed THE GLORY of THE INCORRUPTIBLE ELOHIYM into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore ELOIYM also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves: Rom 1:18 -24

You know what gets me about people; so many claims they know ELOHIYM and they truly don't! You have no idea the magnificent human beings that ELOHIYM first created. Their heights and using the capacity of 100% of their brain. They were not jungle bunnies running around gathering berries and such! They had all the precious stone at their disposal and they had numerous of children. You even read it but do not understand it. You think that these highly intelligent beings did not know more about DNA and gender splicing then anything we could think of today. Whom do you serve? They were giants and reknown mean so intelligent that their IQ made the so call smartest men we know of look like nothing in comparison. We today are so feeble, we have to build computers, their minds were far beyond any computer we could think to build.

Oh, yeah myth do you what the word means? 1830, from French Mythe (1818) and directly from Modern Latin mythus, from Greek mythos "speech, thought, story, myth, anything delivered by word of mouth," of unknown origin. 

People always like to cling to the words of scientist that so many believe in, why do they believe in evolution or dying suns, dragons,   supernova, gamma rays, black holes, black matter etc? Men speculate and we will just believe them. None of them have ever been that far out into the universe. Everything that YAHSHUA created by the design of HIS FATHER does not die except us! 

We do not realize that these true genius took the DNA of animals most likely using the frog. Why because YAHWEH created this creature to reproduce when there is a shortage of each sex! You think that Jurassic concept is made up? Satan provides us with so much truth about the ancient past in movies that is unbelievable! The serpent was a dragon, not looking all distorted as depicted but one beautiful creature that could fly. That is why Satan is depicted as a dragon. Ancient people saw angels with their four faces. Satan uses his ox face to depict this creature with a pitchfork and enormous horn. Hell which means grave where you suppose to burn down in a hole in the earth. How stupid and ridiculous, just like a white man name Santa Claus living in the north pole, flying reindeer!

These animal were not ferocious until after the flood. Oh yes, the Bible in Genesis stated it to Noah.

Let's see YAHWEH come down just to view a tower and a city. Tell have anybody read where YAHWEH knock down the suppose tower, call a ziggurat? If you've read it in the Bible please find the verse and let me know! Why do you think they came down? Well YAHWEH said very clearly; nothing would restrain these evil being from anything that they wanted to do. They already were going into outer space and you just think our spaceships do not look like the pyramids. The scientists know today that these ancient people drew Orion as if they had been there. None of the telescopes we have today could provide in detail the alignments which are connected across the world. The temples of India, the pyramids of Egypt, the pyramids of the Mayan and other cultures and their temple; have landing pads. Don't believe the pyramids are not pointed but have a circle. Then you wonder why all these ancient people believe that their kings would ascend to the heavens. These beings had to be stopped by taken away their language and writing skills. YAHWEH allowed both man and beast to eat flesh to reduce their size and strength.

You think that mermaids and other myth were just a lie told by the ancient people, right? Well, the joke is on us. YAHWEH destroyed these giants highly intelligent beings by a flood. Nimrod crew already had space stations, they been to the moon and mars and further than our little feeble minds today could even understand. Scientists know that Orient Nebula is expanding and even the galaxies are expanding and enormous speed. They know something is about to happen and they want to leave this earth.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into a land mass, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev 12:9 

Now get this, we believe Middle Ages writers, who thought the earth was the center of the universe. They saw the Greek word "ge," which mean: 

Contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application): - country, earth (-ly), ground, land, world.

Let's think logically now, why would YAHWEH put all of the evil angels here on earth which was perfect? Now Satan was only permitted in one place and that was by the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil! While the other angels were just outside of Eden doing their own thing. Well, my Bible in Jude 1:6 states very clear they left their first estate and was lock somewhere in prison. Also when YAHSHUA cast out the legion, they beg to go into the swine because they did not want to go back to the deep! Again, these English writers use the word deep instead of the bottomless pit. If you do not know what has no bottom and its dark like a pit, shame on you!

So, I truly do not need EGW but yes, I do agree with her. She was not a prophet because all of what she saw, was already revealed in the Bible. YAHWEH gave her visions to reopen the truth hidden in the Bible. She clearly stated always to take the Bible. I am sorry but this was quite long!

11 minutes ago, B/W Photodude said:

What on earth did I say that insulted you? That is not my intention, please let me know?

Hi to you dear stinso. I do wish to say, your smiling avatar bespeaks of a mother who gets hugs and kisses from her kids a lot.

Photodude was implying in the tone of your last mail that he answered to, it was very condescending. Yes. I would say that are many postings of yours where you were patronizing the readers here.

Some of your talk is in a way that shows you think you are more intelligent or important than someone else.
Imparting of knowledge is a fine thing when the person doing so is knowledgeable on the subject in question.
However competing in a group talk for the sake of trying to prove better in beliefs that the others just kills together-ness in dialogue.

Many of us still have deeply rooted prejudices harboring inside but totally unknown to our conscious mind. 
Could it be you are holding antagonistic deep rooted feelings to educated 'whites' you are meeting here and sense a need to lecture them by putting them in a position to change their way of thinking?  I don't know. I have no answer on that.

Here's a delicious website to visit:

On 12/16/2017 at 7:29 AM, aka said:

Hi to you dear stinso. I do wish to say, your smiling avatar bespeaks of a mother who gets hugs and kisses from her kids a lot.

Photodude was implying in the tone of your last mail that he answered to, it was very condescending. Yes. I would say that are many postings of yours where you were patronizing the readers here.

Some of your talk is in a way that shows you think you are more intelligent or important than someone else.
Imparting of knowledge is a fine thing when the person doing so is knowledgeable on the subject in question.
However competing in a group talk for the sake of trying to prove better in beliefs that the others just kills together-ness in dialogue.

Many of us still have deeply rooted prejudices harboring inside but totally unknown to our conscious mind. 
Could it be you are holding antagonistic deep rooted feelings to educated 'whites' you are meeting here and sense a need to lecture them by putting them in a position to change their way of thinking?  I don't know. I have no answer on that.

For the record, that's a picture of me and not an avatar. I have one son who has given me five beautiful grandchildren by marriage!!!!!! Yes, I do get hugs and kisses from them and other young people.

I am very sorry to all who ever felt that I am patronizing anyone. I present evidence of facts and many do not like to hear these evidence. I am accused of knowing more than others, how? Photodude commented on a rock that had languages that have not been proven to be factual. I thought this was a place for us to comment and present our views. But I guess I am wrong. If you provide evidence and request to check out the source then you are accused of thinking you are better. So now everybody is White and I am supposed to know that right?

"However competing in a group talk for the sake of trying to prove better in beliefs that the others just kills together-ness in dialogue." I am trying to truly understand this and I don't! I guess I am not as intelligent as I thought!

Your delicious website was tasteless and racist! It is people like you that always want to prejudge others motive. Yes, I am black but love people and truth, a problem you seem to answer your own superiority complex that White is better than Black or others. I also have White blood in my family and my niece is mixed. I love my sister's husband, not because of the color of his skin, but how he treated my family. There a lot of Black men who do not have this type of love.   

It is true that Afrikan people have been overlooked and things have been said that are not true in the Bible. Do I think that White people are all sinners or racist? No, I do not and if you took time to read my comments you would have understood. If it weren’t for the White Abolitionists; I would not have had my freedom. It was the British who stopped slavery and also made a difference. A White woman from Chicago gave up her life in the Civil Right Movement. Edward Kennedy died for his belief that all men and women are equal! White people have championed since slavery for Black people. They still do today! But that still that does not excuse the truth about the accomplishment of us and other people who had great kingdoms. Neither Adam nor YAHSHUA was White, HE was Semitic and Hamitic.

The Hebrew people were more intimately associated with the Hamitic races than with the descendants of Japheth. Cush, or Kush, is ancient Ethiopia, which was in classical times called Nubia. It was not Abyssinia, but included a part of Egypt and a part of the Sudan, extending from the first cataract of the Nile, at Aswan, as far south as Khartoum. In Egyptian inscriptions, this land is called Kash, in Assyrian cuneiform texts, Kusu. Cush, however, included not only African Nubia but also the western part of Arabia bordering on the Red Sea. Some of the sons of Cush are known to have settled there. The Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary Vol. 1, p. 273

If I provide certain facts then I am superior to White People! Ridiculous! I am a Biblical Historian and I earned my education and should be respected for it not based on my skin!!!!!! When a Black person talks about anything of substance, they are always labeled and it needs to stop.

Finally, I felt that Photodude should be able to stress what was insulting. You felt you wanted to put me in my place. Now I wonder isn’t this a form of disrespect and I certainly would like to see if any Administrator would look at the website making fun of blackness with the aunt Jemima comment!

• Members
On 12/16/2017 at 4:29 AM, aka said:

in my opinion, the above was *not* a helpful or thoughtful response to stinsonmarri.  And, in fact, the last bit regarding the Aunt Jemima website was downright insulting and racist.  I expect a higher class of conduct here on the forum.  

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I expected as much. But still that's your opinion. You're entitled to express it. Just as I am entitled to express my opinion.

Remember the articles by Barely Adventist? I don't remember anyone here being offended enough to protest against what was presented in sarcasm, satire, and pointing fun at the organization of Seventh-day Adventism.

I stay by the words I wrote. I need not apologize. Except for the play on Aunt Jemima. I did get carried away and stepped over the line. Please, please excuse me for that bit of warped humor.

• Moderators

As to an administrator taking a look at this:

*  I am a Moderator, not an Administrator.

*  I attempt to allow the free flow of dialogue as much as possible and I try not to restrict/edit/advise as much as possislbe.

* Let us all be aware of how what we write may be perceived by others.  And let us cool it.

Gregory Matthews

Gregory

2 hours ago, aka said:

Remember the articles by Barely Adventist? I don't remember anyone here being offended enough to protest against what was presented in sarcasm, satire, and pointing fun at the organization of Seventh-day Adventism.

(I'm not really following this thread, but I wanted to comment on this one thing. Please excuse me if I"m butting in where I shouldn't be.)

Sometimes leaving a forum is a way of protesting. I, personally, don't believe the sarcasm, satire and making fun of any person or any organization is demonstrative of Christ-like behavior. I, personally, found it offensive to be shared (freely and without moderation) on this Adventist website. I, personally, chose to leave the site for a while. I, personally, spoke against the satire, irony and otherwise "just a little poking fun at ourselves, nothing to be offended over, why are your knickers in a twist" parodies from Barely Adventist. I, personally, spoke against the cartoonish character of "Mrs Margaret Gray, Adventist from St Louis" years ago as "she" (the person behind the keystrokes was Michael Peabody whom I presume was/is a man) gave advice and admonishment to readers on Club Adventist. 

It is my personal opinion that there is no place for sarcasm, lying, and deceit on a moderated Christian forum.

• Moderators

And you are entitled both to your opinion and to post it here.

However, as I recall, you have in the past engaged in a fair amount of sarcasm in your posts.

Gregory

• Moderators

As I think asbout it, I believe that Aubrey has raised a point that is well worth considering:

Personally, I differentiate between sarcasm that is personal and against another person, and sarcasm that is directed against one's self.  Some people, to include myself, will at times poke fun at themself.

I consider Barely Adventist  (BA) to be of the nature of poking fun at one's self.  Speaking frankly, I think that BA has lost its edge and all to often  is neither funny nor quality writing.  But, I do consider it to simply be SDAs poking fun at the inconsistencies that they see in the group to which they belong.

Gregory

• Moderators

Aubrey said in the quote below:

I am not against all sarcasm.  I sometimes engage in it.  I think that there may be a place for is, as in Barely Adventist.

According to her quote below,  Aubrey evidently has a stricter standard than I have.  I simply brought it to her attention that I believe she has engaged in sarcasm.  I did not ask her to stop.  I did not say that she was wrong.  And, I did not intend to get into an extended discussion on the subject of what she does.  I am not asking that she respond to my comment.  Rather, I would simply suggest to her that she consider what she posts and how it relates to her quote below.  I do not expect her to respond here to that.

is my personal opinion that there is no place for sarcasm, lying, and deceit on a moderated Christian forum.

Gregory

I admit that I have resorted to sarcasm. Resorted. When it seemed as if NO OTHER form of communication will get through to some people. It wasn't until about 2 years ago that I realized that resorting to sarcasm is an immature way of dealing with others and with whatever topic is at hand. For me, sarcasm comes too easily--I'm striving to be a better person, one that I, myself, can respect. 

And I still firmly believe that there is no place for sarcasm, lying, and deceit on a moderated Christian forum. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2017 at 8:03 PM, stinsonmarri said:

... they rather believe a lie and they are delusional. Do you know what a hypothesis is or a theory? Well, scientists use those two words a lot.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:18 PM, B/W Photodude said:

If you read again, you will note that I said "starting to get insulting." Perhaps condescending would be the better word. I tend to think it is poor practice to attempt to put someone down by questioning their knowledge of something. As to what that was, it was bolded in the original post also and should have been easy to figure out. So, you made two mistakes regarding this post, being condescending and being unable to figure out what the problem was.

FWIW, I was once offered the job as the head of a nursing research department at a large hospital chain. And I have taken graduate level research courses and courses in nursing theory from grand theories to midlevel theorists and on down. So, I hope I would understand the difference especially since it was something I learned in high school! Anybody who didn't sleep thru science class in high school should know this.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

21 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

in my opinion, the above was *not* a helpful or thoughtful response to stinsonmarri.  And, in fact, the last bit regarding the Aunt Jemima website was downright insulting and racist.  I expect a higher class of conduct here on the forum.  

Again, FWIW, I did not imagine my post  would set off a "race war!" As far as "Aunt Jemima," what is the problem? Last time I checked the supermarket, they still had Aunt Jemima labeled foods there and Jesse Jackson and company haven't even been there to protest! Where's Al Sharpton?!

I remember one time walking into a patient room (awaiting a post-op admit) and two black respiratory therapists were there. They did not know I had come in behind them. It was funny, but I overheard them complain about "crackers"! Then they saw me. They were so embarrassed, but I better stop here. I guess I could have sued for racism and gotten some money out of it, but you sort of lose your case when you start laughing! 

Yeah, white people may have names they use, but so do blacks, gays, and probably every other minority out there. Technical professions have a jargon (not names for people but a lingo specific to the job.) It is a human trait to use cultural jargon for situations. Just sort of hard for some to let it go.

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Members

just fwiw, it's my opinion that some people's writing style can come across as borderline insultingly patronizing, even though it's not meant to be that way.  But a knee-jerk ad hominem reaction by someone is just as bad, if not worse (I'm *not* referring here to Photodude).  It's one thing to attack  ideas or thoughts, and/or how they are presented, (be it with sarcasm, irony, or other form of communication that others may or may not approve of); it's quite a different thing to attack a person.

**shrugs**

Not going to write anything else....done and outta here.   I'm exhausted, and have more important fish to fry.... says I, honing my proverbial scaling knife in preparation....  

FIREdevil.gif  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

4 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Again, FWIW, I did not imagine my post  would set off a "race war!" As far as "Aunt Jemima," what is the problem? Last time I checked the supermarket, they still had Aunt Jemima labeled foods there and Jesse Jackson and company haven't even been there to protest! Where's Al Sharpton?!

I remember one time walking into a patient room (awaiting a post-op admit) and two black respiratory therapists were there. They did not know I had come in behind them. It was funny, but I overheard them complain about "crackers"! Then they saw me. They were so embarrassed, but I better stop here. I guess I could have sued for racism and gotten some money out of it, but you sort of lose your case when you start laughing! 

Yeah, white people may have names they use, but so do blacks, gays, and probably every other minority out there. Technical professions have a jargon (not names for people but a lingo specific to the job.) It is a human trait to use cultural jargon for situations. Just sort of hard for some to let it go.

As is said, FWIW, I couldn't sleep so arose from bed and proceeded to seek out one of my favorite Christian music artists. To be politically correct I won't mention the name, but I found they are homosexual and it made me wonder if any artists of whatever ilk, ever read the Word or see the reality mankind is going to be tempted in whatever way the accuser of the brethren can cause us to release our hold on Jesus.

11They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they did not love their lives so as to shy away from death. 12Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea; with great fury the devil has come down to you, knowing he has only a short time.”...Revelation 12

I don't think God is going to base our future on the mores of present society.

29"Also the Glory of Israel will not lie or change His mind; ...1 Samuel 15

9We realize that law is not enacted for the righteous, but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinful, for the unholy and profane, for killers of father or mother, for murderers, 10for the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave traders and liars and perjurers, and for anyone else who is averse to sound teaching 11that agrees with the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.… 1 Timothy 1

13I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. ...Philippians 4

God is Love1`Jesus saves! :offtobed:

Lift Jesus up!!

14 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

If you read again, you will note that I said "starting to get insulting." Perhaps condescending would be the better word. I tend to think it is poor practice to attempt to put someone down by questioning their knowledge of something. As to what that was, it was bolded in the original post also and should have been easy to figure out. So, you made two mistakes regarding this post, being condescending and being unable to figure out what the problem was.

FWIW, I was once offered the job as the head of a nursing research department at a large hospital chain. And I have taken graduate level research courses and courses in nursing theory from grand theories to midlevel theorists and on down. So, I hope I would understand the difference especially since it was something I learned in high school! Anybody who didn't sleep thru science class in high school should know this.

It was never my intention to be condescending or insulting to you or anyone else here on this forum. Neither anywhere else. I thought the forum was formed for SDA to present what’s happening to us as a people and to discuss our views. It is true that many want to force their views on fire and brimstone condemnation. I have seen that first hand. Living in the north we were close knitted and yes peculiar. Growing up we carried our Bibles and people made fun of us being Seventh Day Adventist. We were even called an occult and put down by the other Protestant Churches. When I returned to the South I was shock and my faith was taken back! The conference fighting over the presidency position and holding on to it. The changes in our beliefs, the mother church hating the church I attend. They felt they were better and all the conference folks were hired mainly at that church. Our pastor was hated because he built up our membership, teaching the best evangelist program I had ever seen. They sent him away and even tried to burn our church. I was there and if I had not been there children and adults would have lost their lives. The person even calls back said she wanted to burn us up!!!! There is much more to this story, but the point was my faith was almost gone! I questioned am I in the right church? I was attending the University of Georgia taking many religious courses at the time. I wanted to understand Hebrew at the time my goal was to be an archeologist. I wanted to study at Hebrew University but I had to study and learn basic Hebrew through the Ulpan at a Kibbutz first! The economy was really bad and the Ulpan was close. I stayed and learned a lot and then due to the increase bombing situation I returned home. My faith had become stronger based on what I learned. I wrote a paper concerning the facts and evidence I learned. My pastor shared it with our assistant pastor. He later went to Andrew University and shared it with them. I also begin to talk to the ministers at the conference. These were men I knew and attended Oakwood back some years ago. I now was completing my degree as a Biblical Historian. It was in Israel that I realize that this was my calling!

In college, I was taught that a theory and a hypothesis are assumptions through mathematical and scientifical testing to prove they are correct. They test them mathematically but that doesn't necessarily always come out correct. Experiments are great and can be proven to show something is correct but not all the time!

In both technical and nontechnical contexts, theory can also be synonymous with hypothesis, a conjecture put forth as a possible explanation of phenomena or relations, serving as a basis for thoughtful discussion and subsequent collection of data or engagement in scientific experimentation in order to rule out alternative explanations and reach the truth. Synonym Study: Theory-Dictionary.com

Theory (n.) 1590s, "conception, mental scheme," from Late Latin theoria (Jerome), from Greek theoria "contemplation, speculation; a looking at, viewing; a sight, show, spectacle, things looked at," from theorein "to consider, speculate, look at," from theoros "spectator," from thea "a view" (see theater) + horan "to see," which is possibly from PIE root *wer- (3) "to perceive." Etymology Online Dictionary

hypothesis (n.) 1590s, "a particular statement;" 1650s, "a proposition, assumed and taken for granted, used as a premise," from Middle French hypothese and directly from Late Latin hypothesis, from Greek hypothesis "base, groundwork, foundation," hence in extended use "basis of an argument, supposition," literally "a placing under," from hypo- "under" (see hypo-) + thesis "a placing, proposition" (from reduplicated form of PIE root *dhe- "to set, put"). A term in logic; narrower scientific sense is from 1640s. Etymology Online Dictionary

Now I thought when I give Scriptures and outside sources that would show that I was not condescending. The Bible says to prove all things and that what I was attempting to do. Never would I put down people base on the color of their skin. I have seen it enough growing up through the Civil Right Movement. Do I stand up for my heritage of course I do! Ham has been raked over the mud and the truth needs to be told. I think people should become knowledgeable about Gen Chapter 10. For someone to put aunt Jamima to belittle me is uncalled for and should not be allowed! I never put down Ashkenazi’s but proved by their own words they were not Hebrews. That is not racist! I did not know everyone is White but me on this forum, if so I am shocked!

Finally, I understand your education; my sister is also a nurse with a Master as well. I would never put down your education but I wanted you as well as others in our various fields to be aware of words that we need to truly understand. Many of them do conflict with our stand on the Bible because they are speculative. It's all about choice and what each one chooses to believe. My only reason was to present it with evidence and facts and we can discuss it and then all must make up their own mind! End of story!

1 hour ago, stinsonmarri said:

I thought the forum was formed for SDA to present what’s happening to us as a people and to discuss our views.

This is a false assumption.  People of all faiths are welcome here.  No one "checks" to make sure forum members are SDA.  I'm glad Adventistan is open to all.  I like learning what others believe.

• Like 1