ClubAdventist is back!

Beware of wolves in Sheep's clothing that come here.

Stan

An "adventist" is one who believes that Jesus Christ will come back to rule the world.  A seventh day adventist is one who also believes the Sabbath is the 7th day of the week, and has not been changed to Sunday.   If those are the two qualifiers - then I am a seventh-day adventist.  But I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist, because those are people who belong to a specific denomination, one that also submits to the writings of Ellen G. White, as messages from God. 

8thdaypriest

On 12/21/2017 at 2:10 PM, JoeMo said:

This is a false assumption.  People of all faiths are welcome here.  No one "checks" to make sure forum members are SDA.  I'm glad Adventistan is open to all.  I like learning what others believe.

I was not excluding other people and their religion. I was being specific because if you notice the topics JoMoe; their more in line with Adventism. A lot of people come from other religions to also proselyte to SDA as well. Then their are others who were SDA and they come with their views as well. However it is a forum to discuss religious views. We need to respect each other and not be so quickly to put people down. If someone knows something I didn't; I don't care what church he/she comes from; I want to know the truth! I want read it and to check it out for the validity. It's the historian in me, as a fact finder! I have met some on this forum. It not who is superior, but what can be proven. There are people who do not want to change. They don't want to be open minded and just check out like the Bereans to see if what is presented is so! Then they want to accuse me of being upty or racist like I know all who is White on this forum. Also that I have some type of Black superiority complex against White people. The problem I have is that credit is not giving to the Black people in the Bible and that is not racist. That is to show those who don't know that YAHWEH is no respect of any person; nor color! All nature from the sky, the grass, the trees, the birds, the animals and even dirt have various color. We are no different and it is time that we respect this truth if we want to be saved. The sad problem and we need to  start doing it; we don't respect THEM so I see why we cannot respect each other. However, it is time for change! YAHSHUA is coming real soon and if you think about 10 or 15 years. Think again! We need to get ready NOW!

We all can learn from each other, and I truly have learned from others. Including from some of you on this forum. That does not mean racist remarks should be projected and it appears to me that no one is commenting about that!!!!!!

Blessings!

17 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

An "adventist" is one who believes that Jesus Christ will come back to rule the world.  A seventh day adventist is one who also believes the Sabbath is the 7th day of the week, and has not been changed to Sunday.   If those are the two qualifiers - then I am a seventh-day adventist.  But I'm not a Seventh Day Adventist, because those are people who belong to a specific denomination, one that also submits to the writings of Ellen G. White, as messages from God. 

Once again, now all of a sudden we have certain ones that want define what I stated. When I give definitions, I am superior.

8thday a good while back on this forum I said to you what Adventist meant. I said it meant those who are looking for the second coming of YAHSHUA. The Sabbath is exactly what I said to you. You once were a member of the SDA  Church, but you chose to leave because of EGW writings among other beliefs. A lot of what she had written has been misconstrued, which I discussed with you among other things. You and I have had long discussion over the years. I also have stated I am a SDA by faith, and that the church cannot save anyone, YAHSHUA saves.

I stand here clearly and state that subjects, mainly on this forum, is about Seventh Day Adventism beliefs. I was not excluding anyone who believes differently. It is good to have diversity so truth and validity can be shown. The Bible says to prove ALLL THINGS! Knick picking is sad to me. We should be discussing about the times we are living in and are we ready for YAHSHUA to come!!!

Well EGW did say racism would be revive before HE comes and it appears I see it working its web here on this forum. Sad no one sees that issue. I not going to run away because I stand before YAHWEH in mine presentations. I ask no one to believe anything that I've written but check out the sources and make the choice for yourself! Now I pray and ask HIM to look into my mind to see if I have done what I have been accused of! I also pray for the person that made the racist remarks that no one seems to speak out about. It is all left in HIS HANDS! So let's see what other thing I said must be defined!!!!!!

You all have a Happy Sabbath and be bless!

• Like 2

All of Southern California thought they saw a UFO — and the photos are eerie

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/southern-california-thought-saw-ufo-035547261.html

30 “I will show signs and wonders [displaying My power] in the heavens and on the earth, Blood and fire and columns of smoke. ...Joel 2

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Languages change over time. Ancient Greek exists in several dated forms which differ from modern Greek today.  Both ancient and modern Greek differ from Biblical Greek.  Modern Hebrew differs from Biblical Hebrew.   The English language of today differs from the  English used by the KJV in 1611.  Most of us would have a hard time reading the Bible in 1611 English.

My point:   Beware of anyone who attempts to understand the Hebrew Old Testament in terms of their knowledge of modern Hebrew, or of anyone who attempts to understand the Greek New Testament in terms of modern Greek.

These differences generally include grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure and the meanings of words.

• Like 1

Gregory

2 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Languages change over time. Ancient Greek exists in several dated forms which differ from modern Greek today.  Both ancient and modern Greek differ from Biblical Greek.  Modern Hebrew differs from Biblical Hebrew.   The English language of today differs from the  English used by the KJV in 1611.  Most of us would have a hard time reading the Bible in 1611 English.

My point:   Beware of anyone who attempts to understand the Hebrew Old Testament in terms of their knowledge of modern Hebrew, or of anyone who attempts to understand the Greek New Testament in terms of modern Greek.

These differences generally include grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure and the meanings of words.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with the explanation. What I could take from it is that we cannot really know what the Bible means by even reading it in it's original language, because it may mean something else. It would seriously undermine confidence in the Bible.

This opens up the Bible to be reinterpreted in whatever way one would choose to want it to mean. And it could even be an opening to some serious heresies. We could even get to a view like that liberal viewpoint of the Constitution where they want to call it a "living document" and subject to whatever meaning some liberal judge wants to get out of it at the moment. This is how somethings can get changed to support an unBiblical idea. For instance, one person in the Bible (Junia) who Paul called a fellow prisoner, is made out to be a female and even, voila!, an ordained person!

So, modern Hebrew may have to change over time to add modern changes such as the names of things not in existence in Biblical times, but I cannot imagine a verse from the Bible meaning something different today than when it was written.

• Like 1

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Moderators

Absolutely not.

The Bible in its original languages can be understood by a study of the Biblical language as it existed as written in the MSS.  My point, was that that language differs from the modern language and it must be recognized that our study must be focused on the actual Biblical language. 

Let us take Greek for example.  Ancient Greek is typically divided up into three (3) periods of  time:  Archaic  Greek,  Classical Greek and Hellenistic Greek.  Beyond that there are dialects  Attic, Ionic, Aeolic, Doric and many more.  But, they are just dialects.

Biblical scholarship, whether of the Old Testament or of the New Testament is done with a focus on the Biblical version of the language in which the 
MSS was written, and not the modern version.  Biblical Greek differs from Modern Greek as does Biblical Hebrew differ from Modern Hebrew.

Frankly, there are some differences between the 1611 English of the KJV and the modern English that you and I speak today.  But, these differences are not as large as are the differences between the Biblical Hebrew and Greek and those modern languages.

I say this due to a recent post by one of our members who cited a Hebrew word and defined it as learned in modern Israel.  That definition failed to give some of the nuances of that Hebrew word as used in Biblical writings.  Yes, the modern definition provided in the post had some similarity to the Biblical meaning.  But. it also failed in some aspects to fully represent the Biblical meaning.

To me, it is important that all must understand that the Biblical languages differ from their modern versions but can be understood and studied. 

Gregory

• Moderators

The Greek of the Bible is commonly known as Koine Greek, which was the common language of the people in Biblical times and in the Biblical area.  It differs from Modern Greek.

Ssee:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koine_Greek

Literary Koine was the medium of much of post-classical Greek literary and scholarly writing, such as the works of

Plutarch and Polybius.[4] Koine is also the language of the Christian New Testament, of the Septuagint (the 3rd-century BC Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible), and of most early Christian theological writing by the Church Fathers. In this context, Koine Greek is also known as "Biblical", "New Testament", "ecclesiastical" or "patristic" Greek.[7] It continues to be used as the liturgical language of services in the Greek Orthodox Church.[8]

Gregory

• Members
6 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Well EGW did say racism would be revive before HE comes and it appears I see it working its web here on this forum. Sad no one sees that issue.

Not so sure I see it working its web in this forum, but I agree its definitely coming to the forefront today, more so than ever!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

The issues associated with Biblical Hebrew are more complex.  the following will give you a good grasp of their many features:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Hebrew

The following quote is only a start:

Biblical Hebrew (Hebrew: עִבְרִית מִקְרָאִיתIvrit Miqra'it or לְשׁוֹן הַמִּקְרָאLeshon ha-Miqra), also called Classical Hebrew, is an archaic form of Hebrew, a Canaanite Semitic language spoken by the Israelites in the area known as Israel, roughly west of the Jordan River and east of the Mediterranean Sea. The term "Hebrew" was not used for the language in the Bible,[3] which was referred to as Canaanite or Judahite,[3] but the name was used in Greek and Mishnaic Hebrew texts.[3] Biblical Hebrew is attested from about the 10th century BCE,[4][5] and persisted through and beyond the Second Temple period, which ended in the siege of Jerusalem (AD 70).

Biblical Hebrew eventually developed into Mishnaic Hebrew, which was spoken until the second century CE.

Gregory

• Members
9 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The English language of today differs from the  English used by the KJV in 1611.  Most of us would have a hard time reading the Bible in 1611 English.

not really...  I have an original 1611 edition of a commentary on the Book of Romans.  The only thing that's a bit difficult to read is the printing typeset and spelling.    Once one gets the hang of reading it, it's not much of a problem.  I've not found anywhere in the text of this volume where words mean something other than what we understand today.  But one issue of written material from earlier time periods that can cause problems in current understanding are the colloquialisms that appear.  (I'm only referring to English.... I've no experience in biblical languages)

2017-12-23 18.39.50.jpg

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

5 hours ago, phkrause said:

Not so sure I see it working its web in this forum, but I agree its definitely coming to the forefront today, more so than ever!!

The Evil One is sowing seeds of chaos - trying to bring down this nation.   Drug abuse.  Income envy.  Fatherless children.  All seeds - that grow chaos.  Racism and un-reasoned hatred of any sort - including political hatred, are fruits from the seeds of chaos.  

The latest chaos (as I see it) is the "Me-too movement".   It's like a mass hysteria, ready to guillotine any man accused.   (Now - I am a woman, and I have suffered sexual harassment.  So I can speak here.)  This latest hysteria is not stopping to consider that an accusation is just that - an accusation.   And harassment is NOT the same as assault.   And there are degrees of harassment.  Careers are ruined.  Ultimately women will suffer, as men are less likely to hire them, for fear of false accusations (just because of some job dissatisfaction), and as the work place becomes more sterile (no more hugs).  Grief!  Must my husband stop hugging any female patient who is crying.  How sad.    

I certainly hope some standards come out of this, to define the proofs required, and define different degrees of harassment vs assault, and some standards for penalties for same.  Crimes vs financial penalties vs public service (classes or layoffs for defined periods, etc.)  

8thdaypriest

12 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

Once again, now all of a sudden we have certain ones that want define what I stated. When I give definitions, I am superior.

8thday a good while back on this forum I said to you what Adventist meant. I said it meant those who are looking for the second coming of YAHSHUA. The Sabbath is exactly what I said to you. You once were a member of the SDA  Church, but you chose to leave because of EGW writings among other beliefs. A lot of what she had written has been misconstrued, which I discussed with you among other things. You and I have had long discussion over the years. I also have stated I am a SDA by faith, and that the church cannot save anyone, YAHSHUA saves.

I stand here clearly and state that subjects, mainly on this forum, is about Seventh Day Adventism beliefs. I was not excluding anyone who believes differently. It is good to have diversity so truth and validity can be shown. The Bible says to prove ALLL THINGS! Knick picking is sad to me. We should be discussing about the times we are living in and are we ready for YAHSHUA to come!!!

Well EGW did say racism would be revive before HE comes and it appears I see it working its web here on this forum. Sad no one sees that issue. I not going to run away because I stand before YAHWEH in mine presentations. I ask no one to believe anything that I've written but check out the sources and make the choice for yourself! Now I pray and ask HIM to look into my mind to see if I have done what I have been accused of! I also pray for the person that made the racist remarks that no one seems to speak out about. It is all left in HIS HANDS! So let's see what other thing I said must be defined!!!!!!

You all have a Happy Sabbath and be bless!

Wow!!  Didn't expect a scolding for a two line post, just to say that I'm an "adventist" too - just a different flavor.  

8thdaypriest

4 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Wow!!  Didn't expect a scolding for a two line post, just to say that I'm an "adventist" too - just a different flavor.  

Oh yes So many different flavors!

Amen.

The Most Beautiful BEING in All the Universe wouldn't have it any other way.

Merry Christmas All!

:)

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

On 12/23/2017 at 5:09 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

The issues associated with Biblical Hebrew are more complex.  the following will give you a good grasp of their many features:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_Hebrew

The following quote is only a start:

The Phoenicians developed the alphabet circa 1400-1250 BC in order to communicate with the diverse cultures and tongues of their maritime trading partners. It was the Phoenician alphabet that was widely received and readily adapted throughout the Mediterranean world, as it was only 22 letters based on sound, as opposed to the myriad of symbols in cuneiform and hieroglyphics prevalent at the time. The words phonic and phonetic have the same root as the word Phoenicia.

Here is the problem that keeps raising its ugly head misquoting the Bible! Abraham did not live in Ur of Babylon and the Bible states it.

And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there. Gen 11:31 

"Chaldeans" is a word that was used in the Neo-Babylonian times. According to Strong Hebrew Dictionary it states:

(Occasionally shown as the second form with enclitic; meaning towards the Kasdites); patronymic from H3777 (only in the plural); a Kasdite, or descendant of Kesed; by implication a Chaldaean (as if so descended); also an astrologer (as if proverbial of that people): - into Chaldea), patronymicallyn. From H3777, (only in the plural); a Kasdite; or descendant of Kesed; by implication a Chaldan (as if so descended).

Who were the Kesed and where were the located? The Bible speaks clearly this fact.

You must go back to the country where I was born (nativity) and get a wife for my son Isaac from among my relatives." The servant, who was in charge of Abraham's property, took ten of his master's camels and went to the city where Nahor had lived in northern Mesopotamia (Aram Naharaim). (GNB) Gen 24:4, 10

It makes no sense to state that Abraham came from Ur near Babylon when the Bible gave specified perfectly the land of the Kesed. Abraham did not immediately go to Canaan he stopped and lived in Haran that the a few miles from Syria. The Bible called it Paddan-Aram the land of Aram. Jacob was sent to the land of his mother, to her brother Laban. Gen 28:2 Aram and his brother Arphaxad lived in close proximity of each other. Aram’s I guess being the oldest his name was persevered. This seem plausible because of the older son receives the heritage or birthright! But because the trading and writing skills of the Hamitic people, their language and alphabet was adopted. Just as the English language today is adopted globally today! Why is that so hard to accept? The Phoenician the greatest mariners established the first trading system to encompass the entire Mediterranean from their homeland, in what is now Lebanon, to their colonies in Cyprus, Carthage, Malta, Sicily, Sardinia, Tangier, and through the Straits of Gibraltar to Cadiz on the Atlantic coast of Spain and Lixus on the Atlantic coast of Morocco. Maria Eugenia Aubet. The Phoenicians and the West, Second Edition

What needs to be made absolutely clear is the fact that what is called ancient Hebrew is nothing more than Canaanite Phoenician. The Hebrews adopted Phoenician as their own language, or, in other words, that what is called [ancient] Hebrew language was in fact "the language of Canaan." It is not merely poetic but literal and in the philological truth. One of the proofs for is taken from the Bible itself: Isaiah 19:18 says "In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the LORD Almighty. One of them will be called the City of Destruction -- City of the Sun (that is, Heliopolis) Source: John McClintock, Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature

Prof. Christopher A. Rollston is a scholar of the ancient Near East, specializing in Hebrew Bible, Old Testament Apocrypha, Northwest Semitic literature, epigraphy and paleography. He holds the MA and Ph.D. from The Johns Hopkins University Department of Near Eastern Studies. Epigraphy scholar Chris Rallston asks a seemingly straightforward question: What is the oldest Hebrew inscription? His examination requires him to address the fundamental questions of epigraphy. Is a text written in Hebrew script necessarily in the Hebrew language? And was the Hebrew language originally written in an alphabet that predates Hebrew script? Chris Rallston examined four contenders for the oldest Hebrew inscription – the Qeiyafa Ostracon, Gezer Calendar, Tel Zayit Abecedary and Izbet Zayit Abecedary – to explore the interplay between early Hebrew script and language.

Rallston continues his analyses on some other contenders for the oldest Hebrew inscription. He finds the Tel Zayit Abecedary to be fully Phoenician script, despite the excavation epigrapher claiming that the abecedary indicates the transition between the scripts. Finally, the oldest contender, the Izbet Sartah Abecedary, which dates to roughly 1200 B.C.E., predates the development of any Hebrew script, and appears to be written in Early Alphabetic script, which is not closely related to Old Hebrew script. While some scholars have presented these and other Iron Age I inscriptions as Hebrew script, Rallston suggests that we have to look to a slightly later period to find the first Hebrew language recorded in a purely Hebrew script.

In 1999, Yale University archaeologists, John and Deborah Darnell, identified an alphabetic script in Wadi El-Hol, a narrow valley between Waset (Thebes) and Abdu (Abydos) in southern Egypt. Dating to about 1900 B.C., the script bears resemblance to the Egyptian hieroglyphs, but also the much older “proto-Saharan” writing system. A similar inscription that dates to 1500 B.C. was found in Serabit el-Khadim on Africa’s Sinai Peninsula, and has been deemed by linguists to be the basis for the so-called “proto-Canaanite” and “Phoenician” scripts. Ta Neter Foundation

Ham_Page_1.jpg

Ham_Page_2.jpg

Ham_Page_3.jpg

On 12/23/2017 at 10:40 PM, 8thdaypriest said:

It was personal and you and I go way back. But it is sad that you brought that up and not anybody about the racist comment! I always respected your comments even though we have some differences, we do have some agreements. I have truly learned a lot from you and I want all to know that as well. I was hurt at the time and I am still sad because it appears I've been insulted and no one seems to care! You can disagree with me but the color of my skin should not be made fun of!!!!!!

Blessings!

• Members
On 12/25/2017 at 6:20 PM, stinsonmarri said:

It was personal and you and I go way back. But it is sad that you brought that up and not anybody about the racist comment! I always respected your comments even though we have some differences, we do have some agreements. I have truly learned a lot from you and I want all to know that as well. I was hurt at the time and I am still sad because it appears I've been insulted and no one seems to care! You can disagree with me but the color of my skin should not be made fun of!!!!!!

Blessings!

stinsonmarri, you apparently did not read my comment. from the 18th:

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 7.59.54 PM.png

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

On 12/28/2017 at 11:02 PM, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

stinsonmarri, you apparently did not read my comment. from the 18th:

Pam: Honestly I did not get yours and I wonder why???? Usually I get a notification and yours did not pop us at all. Please forgive me and thank you very much. I do get a lot of hugs and kisses from my grandchildren and my great granddaughter. But my picture was not an avatar, why say that?

I want you all to know that I make no excuses if I have said or done something wrong! I never meant to insult Photodude. I went back to see what I could have wrote to make him feel that way. Maybe from what he later wrote it was this:

“Do you know what a hypothesis is or a theory?” I did not at the time I wrote it, knew that he was a nurse. Sometimes we have to be careful how we say things. I told him I was truly sorry and did not mean to insult him in any way. If I have said or commented to anyone of you in unkind manner please, please, let me apologize to you!  If I come off condescending at all I am truly sorry.

Thank you Pam for dealing with the racist comment and saying firmly it should not be allowed here. I just wanted so desperately for someone to notice it. I still cannot for the life of me did not get your notification????  I was truly upset and I felt bad. However, I love people and I love truth. I want all of us to be saved and I truly feel that many things that are taught us may not necessarily be true or factual.

Today we must speak out about racialism. We do not talk about it enough truly we don’t! Many feel that what they might say will be insulting. It might be but it can be corrected through understanding, knowledge and truth! Noah did have three sons, but what color were Noah, or even the Adams and most of all YAHSHUA? What was the purpose of Genesis Chapter 10? The truth about Ham should be discussed! The Canaanites and Melchizedek, Rahab, Ruth and more need to be discussed. We should not be afraid to discuss these things. We are on the road of healing and salvation, we must work on all types of things that hold us back. I truly have problems and I realize it and want to become a better human being. I do not want to hurt, insult, reject, or hate anyone. I have to be careful, how I say things too!

With love and blessings, happy Sabbath!

• Like 1

• Members

**off topic**

I will always speak up when I see something that I feel is intentionally insulting or racist...  Many Caucasians have no concept of racially inappropriate comments.  I have a number of African American cousins, and though we see each other simply as *cousins*,  I would be livid if someone made an *Aunt Jemima* comment to them.  And I thought you were understandably upset at someone on this forum having done that to you.  

(just to clarify the issue of avatars:  the word, "avatar," isn't always understood the same way by everyone...  here on this forum, it generally means the image associated with your profile, whether it be a real photo of yourself, a drawing, or some other photo image — the avatar is simply the image that you choose.)

**back to topic**

• Like 2

On 12/25/2017 at 7:20 PM, stinsonmarri said:

You can disagree with me but the color of my skin should not be made fun of!!!!!!

I agree Stins.  The Aunt Jemima comment was totally out of line.  I'm an old white guy; and I found the comment shocking.  You're right - more people should have called her on it.  I personally apologize to you because I didn't say anything in a timely fashion.

3 hours ago, JoeMo said:

I agree Stins.  The Aunt Jemima comment was totally out of line.  I'm an old white guy; and I found the comment shocking.  You're right - more people should have called her on it.  I personally apologize to you because I didn't say anything in a timely fashion.

It's alright and thank you very much. It really was offensive to me and I probably said rude things being on the defense to some of the people in the forum. What has help me is I did insult Photodude and I am very sorry for that. I just want everyone to know that I truly respect everyone here.

I feel that we do go overboard with EGW. That is to say, that her visions which I truly believe in are from THE MOST HIGH and should be a compliment to the Bible, not first or above. Everything she had in vision, is already in the Bible. EGW understood a lot of things based on beliefs from the Methodist and the Protestant world of that day. My goal, when I comment, is for us to get a better understand of both Old and the New Testament. EGW was not a good historian and even her son stated this as well. I respect what she said herself that she was not a prophetess and she was not! The  last prophet period is John and I ask humbly if someone can show me in the NT that YAHSHUA or the writers made a claim that there would be more. What I've read in Acts, Paul and Peter that is not so!

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith ELOHIM, I will pour out of MY SPIRIT upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:  And on MY servants and on MY handmaidens I will pour out in those days of MY SPIRIT; and they shall prophesy: Act 2:17, 18 

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying THE MASTER that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2Peter 2:1 

I think when the word prophesied is seen, many feel that a person must be a prophet or prophetess. But I feel Paul can give you the answer instead of me very clear what it means!

But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying. 1Co 14:3, 5  

I do want all to know that I will provide EGW from time to time, but always Scriptures first! Please let me know if I come off too condescending please! I want to give information that we can discuss and then we all through THE POWER of THE HOLY make the right choice.

We also need an open  discussion on racism. But not about us today, but we must start with the Bible!!! We will be able to respect each other if we first realize that the Adams through Noah were not White or Black or any color! Why? Because the Bible did not say so! We need be honest about skin color of the Hebrews, the Canaanites, and Ham  was not curse neither was he an homosexual! Moving down even to YAHSHUA the truth must be said about HIS color as well. Until, we all who claim to believe in the Bible discuss this openly then race problems today between us will be an ongoing problem! When we can come full terms with the Bible truth on the color of the people, I truly feel things will change.

Be bless everyone and thanks to all who made me feel so much better!

Wow, you sure are whipping this horse to death, eh? The door was shut when I apologized for my warped sense of humor. At that moment forgiveness should have covered it and the horse let out to pasture. Whatever are you doing continually licking your wound?

The lady's avatar is almost the spitting image of the lady on the pancake box. I was not referring to her skin color in my post. I was viewing her whole picture and mentally making an alert comparison. Go look at your Uncle Ben's rice box and see if you can find racism portrayed there. The guy's picture is as black as they come.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

What has help me is I did insult Photodude and I am very sorry for that.

What I said was "starting to be insulting". I also corrected it later and said "condescending" is the better word. I was simply trying to make the point that you should not challenge someone's understanding of issues, terms, etc. If you think there is a misunderstanding in a subject, define it in the text of a post without questioning other members knowledge base. All that said, no further need to apologize for "insulting".

Bill Liversidge Seminars

7 hours ago, aka said:

Wow, you sure are whipping this horse to death, eh? The door was shut when I apologized for my warped sense of humor.

Go look at your Uncle Ben's rice box and see if you can find racism portrayed there. The guy's picture is as black as they come.

One of my favorite economic and social commentators:

Thomas Sowell - Fallacies of Race
"Races may prefer one race over another, but they prefer themselves more than any other!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IJV_0p64s

Thomas Sowell on The Effects of Victimology
"Liberals have wreaked more havoc on Blacks than the supposed 'legacy of slavery' that they talk about"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHd5bmEdU4

Bill Liversidge Seminars

• Moderators

Hugging another person, (Which is a bit off topic.):

*  Individual men and women may object to a physical touch.   This is not limited to females.

*  I will ask permission before I physically touch someone.

*  In the case of women, I will not likely ask permission to touch her unless I know her quite well.

*  In the case of women whom I do not know well, I will wait for them to initiate a request to hug me, rather than to request it from them.

Just  my policy, in part based upon having witnessed what has happened to people who did not have such rules.

Now, back to subject.   :)

• Like 2

Gregory