ClubAdventist is back!

Beware of wolves in Sheep's clothing that come here.

Stan

• Moderators

KJV 1900 | ‎Re 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Not by having achieved perfection.

Originally Posted By: olger
Sheep good.

Wolves bad.

G

God made both and they are necessary for the ecology of the earth. Where there is good, there must be bad, at least until Christ comes back.

Somewhat true to a point. However the wolves end indicates their demise came from a rebellious nature, a nature coming from the destroyer, not a result of God's creative power.

"Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!"Matthew 18:7 NKJV

God saves! Jesus cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Originally Posted By: Patrick Lawrence
I think the safe thing to remember are that there are "liberal" and "conservative" wolves. :)

Exactly!!!

LOL Kevin, when I read that post by PL, I thought the exact thing as you. "Exactly"

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I think it's important to consider Matthew 7 when discussing this topic. "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." is found in verse 15. To provide a little context, version 1 says, "Judge not, that ye be not judged" and verse 22 says, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" Some may be misguided, but not necessarily have malicious intent.

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1Jo 4:4 ¶

:like: As well as all of the others! #681938

Jesus saves! God delivers! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

JoeMo

Don't let it get to you man. A label never made a true diamond any less authentic. I promise!

"I then saw a company pressing through the crowd with their eyes intently fixed upon the heavenly crown. As they earnestly urged their way through the disorderly crowd, angels attended them, and made room for them to advance. As they neared the heavenly crown, the light emanating from it shone upon them and around them, dispelling their darkness, and growing clearer and brighter, until they seemed to be transformed, and resembled the angels. They cast not one lingering look upon the earthly crown. Those who were in pursuit of the earthly, mocked them, and threw black balls after them. These did them no injury while their eyes were fixed upon the heavenly crown, but those who turned their attention to the black balls were stained with them. The following scripture was presented before me:" {Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 1, 349.1}

"The black balls which were thrown after the saints were the reproachful falsehoods put in circulation concerning God's people by those who love and make a lie. We should take the greatest care to live a blameless life, and abstain from all appearance of evil, and then it is our duty to move boldly forward, and pay no regard to the reproachful falsehoods of the wicked. While the eyes of the righteous are fixed upon the heavenly priceless treasure, they will become more and more like Christ, and thus they will be transformed and fitted for translation." {Testimonies for the Church, Vol. 1, 353.2}

:like:

Thanks BattleAxe. I needed that.

God uses people who are willing. Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Quote:
There are some of us here (me for one) that consider ourselves practicing Adventists; but others consider us wolves in sheep's clothing.

Jo Mo: I do not consider you to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Gregory

• Moderators

M. T. Cross said:

Quote:
I may just be a wolf......

Well, I would not consider you to be a wolf in sheep's clothing, but you have stated, in effect, that you just may openly be a wolf and not dressed in the skin of a sheep.

Frankly, on the basis of the posts I have read from you, I do not see you as a wolf.

Gregory

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. it is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, forgiveness, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

• Like 2

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• 1 month later...

They will often look and sound like practicing Adventists, often they have not attended Church for years, do not support it with Tithe and Offerings.

Often belong to an 'offshoot', for lack of a better word, that proclaim that the Church is Babylon and we are to come out of it and join them, which usually means send the Lord's Tithe to them.

It is not unusually for them to take early statements by EGW, and not reflect what she grew and was shown later on in life.

The condemn most leadership today, and will cause discouragement to as many as they can, in the name of 'love'.

I guess I'm a wolf. I'm sort of luke warm. I haven't been to church for years, nor have I tithed :(

I do study the Word and pray though.

I am searching for a/The church. That's why I am here.

I will not push any of my beliefs, but I will inquire as to the beliefs of Adventist.

So, please be patient with me. Thank you.

• Members

I guess I'm a wolf. I'm sort of luke warm. I haven't been to church for years, nor have I tithed :(

I will not push any of my beliefs, but I will inquire as to the beliefs of Adventist.

nope, you're not a "wolf"... they're the ones that come into the forum, solely to let everyone here know we all should follow *their* brand of beliefs... you don't strike me as being that type of person..

Honest questions and "searching" is good.. hifive

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

>>> So, please be patient with me. Thank you.

No problem, what I spoke about some who claim all-wisdom and interpretation...hammer on small topics and are abusive with EGW comments.

Folks like you are often a breath a fresh air.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Quote:

While I am a Seventh Day Adventist in good standing, it is not the denomination that will save me. It is those who know the Truth (Jesus) and do not nor desire to avoid what He asks of them.

"I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."Revelation 2:9 KJV parenthesis theirs' LHC

"...he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Romans 2:29 KJV

"And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, and He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob"Romans 11:26 KJV

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Quote:
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

There are times that I realize that I must be feeding the wrong wolf. I do get frustrated sometimes when things that are so crystal clear to me are not so to others. Frustration is akin to arrogance, I suppose, so bringing up the topic of baloney and baloney sandwiches in reference to other's religious beliefs is rude, and not feeding the good wolf within...

I've posted my ideas over and over again, just looking for someone who thinks like I do, but alas, no such luck. Perhaps there is a lurker somewhere out there on the same frequency as I am whom I will encounter in the next life.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

Quote:
I've posted my ideas over and over again, just looking for someone who thinks like I do, but alas, no such luck

Just cuz people don't believe *exactly* like you doesn't make you a wolf. You have some pretty quirky ideas; but the pot (me) should never call the kettle (you) black. I like your open-mindedness and creativity. You give me stuff to think about that I never thought about before. Stimulating other to new thought is a virtue.

Quote:

I've posted my ideas over and over again, just looking for someone who thinks like I do

Any ideas you've posted that reflect Jesus' love for those who admit their trust in their salvation is on His righteousness as opposed to their own, that I am in full agreement with.

"And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;

We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Rom 8:26-27,31-39 NKJV

Keep looking up!

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 1 month later...

JoeMo just because you believe in the doctrines of the Church I don't. I am a SDA since 1955 and truly see the changes and compromises of the Church. I do not believe in the trinity, I believe in EGW but she herself said she is not a prophet and so did the Bible. What we need to do is to study the Word and understand it instead interpreted it. No one should call anyone a wolf because we do not know the heart.

Blessings and happy Sabbath!

• 3 weeks later...

They will often look and sound like practicing Adventists, often they have not attended Church for years, do not support it with Tithe and Offerings.

And many of them do not believe that Ellen White was a true prophet.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

In your past life - when you did go to church - was it an SDA church or some other church?

Are you here because you want to compare beliefs in a context of "give me the Bible AND the Words IN the Bible" ? IF so - there are places on this board that can be a good place to have that conversation.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• 1 month later...

Let's actually look at the context of what it means to be a wolf in sheep's clothing:

Matt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits .

And here are the fruits of wolves in sheep's clothing:

Verse 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 

Notice how these wolves point out their works!

How does Jesus respond?

23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice iniquity!' 

Notice, these wolves claim Christ, but yet Christ doesn't know them.  In fact He states these wolves practice iniquity.

What is iniquity?  Iniquity isn't the same as transgression. Transgression is the breaking of a law or laws.  The Pharisee kept the law outwardly, but inwardly it was for show.  That's why Jesus said, "All they do is to be seen by men".

That's what works of iniquity are....They are works, motivated by our love of self...our love of praise; not to bring glory to God, but to bring glory to self so that something might be gained.  Such man are deceitful works.  Their aim is draw of disciples to themselves.

Now verse 24"Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock26 But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand (works of iniquity): 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall." 

BTW "the rock" refers to the foundation of our righteousness, Christ and what He did 2000 years ago.  This is what saves.

If we are not depending on His imputed righteousness alone for our ticket to heaven, then we will never experience His imparted righteousness.  His imputed righteousness is a prerequisite to experiencing His imparted righteousness.  Therefore what Christ does in you proves your faith, not your righteousness. It is demonstrative, not meritorious.

So works of faith must be predicated on the righteous of Christ alone.  Otherwise they are "works of iniquity" (self-righteousness fruit)

Ellen White:

"Take heed that ye do not your righteousness before men, to be seen of them." Matthew 6:1,

The words of Christ on the mount were an expression of that which had been the unspoken teaching of His life, but which the people had failed to comprehend. They could not understand how, having such great power, He neglected to use it in securing what they regarded as the chief good. Their spirit and motives and methods were the opposite of His. While they claimed to be very jealous for the honor of the law, self-glory was the real object which they sought; and Christ would make it manifest to them that the lover of self is a transgressor of the law.

But the principles cherished by the Pharisees are such as are characteristic of humanity in all ages. The spirit of Pharisaism is the spirit of human nature; and as the Saviour showed the contrast between His own spirit and methods and those of the rabbis, His teaching is equally applicable to the people of all time.

In the days of Christ the Pharisees were continually trying to earn the favor of Heaven in order to secure the worldly honor and prosperity which they regarded as the reward of virtue. At the same time they paraded their acts of charity before the people in order to attract their attention and gain a reputation for sanctity."

Let's actually look at the context of what it means to be a wolf in sheep's clothing:

Here's another one:

Phil 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe. 2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation (those who insisted on circumcision in return for heaven/see Acts 15:1,5)!

By "dogs" Paul was referring to wolves.

3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh...

What is confidence in the flesh?  Well, let's allow Paul to define what this means:

4.... If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 

Now Paul will list the things that attributed to his confidence in his performance as a Pharisee:

• 5 circumcised the eighth day,
  • of the stock of Israel,
  • of the tribe of Benjamin,
  • a Hebrew of the Hebrews;
  • concerning the law, a Pharisee; 
  • 6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church;
  • concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless

​All these things gave him pride in his accomplishments.  They brought him glory. But after his conversion we see a different man, A man who had no "confidence in the flesh".  A man that was no longer a wolf in sheep's clothing

7 But what things were gain to me (see the list above), these I have counted loss for Christ8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as dung, :saywa: that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith....

Again, the prerequisite of experiencing Christ's agape (the imparted righteousness of Christ) is counting your righteousness as dung.  Otherwise you are a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

Hope I didn't offend anyone....

Robert