ClubAdventist is back!

Dan Smith of La Sierra

LynnDel

• Moderators

Riverside Press Enterprise, CA - 9 hours ago

... Dan Smith, head pastor of the university's Seventh-day Adventist Church, was killed when he was struck by a hit-and-run driver.

{NOTE FROM ADMINISTRATOR: What she saw was a teaser on the news release, check down further, Dan Smith is alive and well....Stan]

LD

HEE IS THE FULL NEWS RELEASE NOTE

IMPORTANT DAN SMITH WAS NOT KILLED OR INJURED...

she must have seen a teaster clip... the full clip was the FATHER of Dan Smith..

COPY AND PASTE

- - - - - - - - - - -

La Sierra president and wife recovering

HIT AND RUN: Lawrence Geraty didn't get a good look at the car that struck them near their home.

04/26/2003

By LOUISE KNOTT AHERN

THE PRESS-ENTERPRISE

RIVERSIDE - Lawrence Geraty's first thought when he saw the driver who hit him start to back up and pull away was that he should chase after the car.

But Geraty, president of La Sierra University, quickly realized that his injuries, and those of his wife Gillian, were going to make that impossible.

Lawrence and Gillian Geraty were struck by a hit-and-run driver Wednesday evening while walking on Lake Knoll Parkway near their La Sierra home. Larry Geraty suffered a broken leg and a cut to his head. Gillian Geraty received some bruises and cuts.

Lawrence Geraty, 62, said from his home Friday that the accident happened so quickly, he didn't get a good look at the car or the driver.

"I was talking to my wife and bang," Lawrence Geraty said. "I crumpled, and she did, too. She was sort of knocked off to the left, but he ran square into me. Where his bumper hit me, my leg broke just below my kneecap. Then it threw me and I hit my head on the pavement."

He said his wife alerted an oncoming driver, who pulled over and helped them call police. An ambulance took them to Kaiser Permanente's Riverside Medical Center, where they received stitches and, in Lawrence Geraty's case, a cast on his leg.

Officer Jim Whitney, a spokesman for the California Highway Patrol, said the driver of a white car is being sought. He had no other information about the accident.

Lawrence Geraty can't drive for six weeks, but he said he's anxious to get back to work.

"We'll take it one day at a time," he said.

This is the third in a string of misfortunes to befall the small private college within a year.

Last May, the father of the Rev. Dan Smith, head pastor of the university's Seventh-day Adventist Church, was killed when he was struck by a hit-and-run driver. Darwood Smith also was walking near his La Sierra home.

In early January, retired La Sierra professor Brian Jacques was killed when a bullet pierced a window of his home and hit him in the chest. A 22-year-old Redlands man, Johnathan Ross Luther, has been charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of the 73-year-old professor. A preliminary hearing in the case is scheduled for Friday.

Larry Becker, university spokesman, said students and faculty were tense when word spread that the Geratys had been injured.

Becker said it was a natural reaction after all they've been through and counseling services are available for faculty and staff.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Riverside Press Enterprise, CA - 9 hours ago

... Dan Smith, head pastor of the university's Seventh-day Adventist Church, was killed when he was struck by a hit-and-run driver.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Found this Smith in the archives.

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - Darwood Smith, who played Waldo in the ``Our Gang Series,'' died Wednesday after he was struck on the head while on a daily walk. He was 72.

Smith died after someone drove up in a truck and hit him. He was rushed to Riverside Community Hospital where he died later that night.

No arrests have been made.

Smith was known as Darwood Kaye when he was a child. He appeared in 22 of the ``Our Gang'' comedies, working with other child actors, including Robert Blake. Smith also was in a 1944 Lucille Ball film called ``Best Foot Forward.''

When Smith was a teen, he became a Christian and ended his acting career. Smith became a pastor in the Seventh-day Adventist church and lived in Thailand for 14 years performing missionary work.

He served as pastor at churches in St. Helena in Northern California, Santa Maria and several communities in Southern California.

Smith retired in 1994 but worked part-time at La Sierra University Seventh-day Adventist Church, a 2,500- member congregation near the university.

--------------------

Stan Jensen - Administrator

Mopsie

• Moderators

Sorry about the boo-boo -- I have registered for so many different sites that this time I just refused to register at the PE site in order to read that particular article. Glad to hear Dan is okay!

LynnDel

LD

• Moderators

Sorry about the boo-boo -- I have registered for so many different sites that this time I just refused to register at the PE site in order to read that particular article. Glad to hear Dan is okay!

LynnDel

[:"red"]Yeah. I passed this info to my wife while in church, which of course she passed along after the service, only to find out Dan Smith preached the sermon at La Sierra this morning!

Now, if only the Good News could spread like this rumor! [/]

Gerry

Now, if only the Good News could spread like this rumor!

Yes and that would be at KSGN. Keep Sharing the Good News at FM 89.7. You would have heard Dan Smith preach the sermon today. LOL

• 9 years later...

Glad to find out that Dan is not dead.

I thought he was a great pastor of mine some years ago.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

My heart stopped when I saw this, but glad to see that he is still alive and that this was about the horrible death of his father 10 years ago. I loved listening to his sermons on the radio when I was in Loma Linda. I'd love to get recordings of them to listen to.

My heart stopped when I saw this, but glad to see that he is still alive and that this was about the horrible death of his father 10 years ago. I loved listening to his sermons on the radio when I was in Loma Linda. I'd love to get recordings of them to listen to.

Yes Kevin. I agree. His books and sermons are some of the best around.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.