ClubAdventist is back!

GYC Vs “The One Project” – A shocking fact about our shaking church

mel20

• Administrators

Originally Posted By: olger
Is it not a bit frightening that a pastor, or any other self-professing Christian for that matter, claims that he sees things others cannot see?

oh, the irony...

ROFL

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gregory Matthews

• Tom Wetmore

• Johann

• mel20

• Members

Indeed.

Here's another problem.

I like the Ten Commandments. My favorites is the one that says “Thou shalt not judge.”

Oh, that one isn't in there.

Sorry, it’s easy to forget nowadays when many Christians carry on as though the entire Bible could be summed up by the phrase, "it's all good, bro."

What many well-meaning (but misinformed)Christians are missing is that the Bible says to not judge WRONGLY!! The idea that we shouldn’t judge at all is 1) absurd, 2) impossible, 3) very much at odds with every moral edict in the Scriptures. It’s also hypocritical, because telling someone not to judge is, in and of itself, a judgement. Any time you start a sentence with “you shouldn’t,” whatever comes next will constitute a judgement of some kind. Saying, “you shouldn’t judge,” is like saying, “there are no absolutes.”

I guarantee I could write a post condemning gay marriage opponents as bigots and homophobes and not a one of these "don't judge judges" would swoop in to tell me not to “judge.”

Jesus stopped a bloodthirsty mob from stoning a woman to death for adultery. Famously, he said “let he without sin cast the first stone.” This profound Biblical event has since been contorted to mean that nobody can condemn any (popular) sin, or speak out against any (popular) evil, because nobody is perfect.

Nonsense.

Jesus wasn’t telling the crowd to chill out and be cool with infidelity; he was telling them that they don’t have the authority to pass final judgement on another human being for their moral shortcomings. In the immediate sense, he was also stopping them from brutally killing a woman. This can not be construed into him strolling in with a shrug and saying, “Hey, live and let live, dudes.” In fact, after he forgave the woman’s sin, he commanded her to “sin no more.”

I dunno....but it really seems that one ought to quote the source when one "cuts and pastes" instead of posting as if it's one's own thoughts.......

the real source

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Hmmmmmm......... I recall seeing a lot of those exact lines in various posts here......... someone is stealing from someone.....

Isn't that a sin?

The last quote mark is on, the first one got omitted. Please don't be upset with me.

I hope you find work!

`G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

We certainly will go to "The One Project" gatherings if they have a desire to share the Great Controversy, preaching about God's judgement and the Second Coming... or at least sing our theme song "We Have This Hope".

If so, let us know. No joke here.

Another tragedy is that the General Conference Youth Ministry has been enforcing a "Neutrality" policy as their mandatory policy to all youth leaders in GC and divisions level. NO rebuke, no warning should ever been given to any open rebellious messages, and it will never be. Stay silent and don't to say anything. Motivational and dovotional kindda messages only. That's all.

Probably some still remember the GC youth ministry's "general Anasthetic drug" dogma to kill the sense of our precious Present Truth: "All gathering is good. No need to see the content nor ingredients in any meetings/seminars. Well, everyone should go to heaven no matter what, anyway. So, do whatever you want and what doctrines comfortable to you. We have a loving Saviour, right? Jesus saves us. Not doctrines nor any different styles that may save you. Only Jesus."

I hope I am wrong here but the official Youth ministry seems to continuously been neutral in trying to make everybody happy. No wonder they keep refusing to deal with the real issues by too much saying that "love is more important than our distinctive message. Love. Jesus. All."

But anyway, please keep praying, use our good discretion and conscience... and just be careful for the next "The Project One" schedules that claim to preach "The Present Truth" from Revelation 14.

We don't judge anybody, but please be extra careful for the next "present truth" of their own "modified" version in Seattle as u can see here http://the1project.org/seattle-schedule2014.html

8:50 Welcome: Present Truth Japhet De Oliveira

9:00 Reflection: Present Truth & Rev 14:1-12 Alex Bryan

8:50 Welcome: Present Truth Japhet De Oliveira

9:00 Reflection: Present Truth & Rev 14:1-12 Alex Bryan

Keep trying to contact official Youth Ministry to make A WRITTEN STATEMENT about the content of this upcoming dangerous adjusted and modified "present truth" presentations which would hijack the real distinctive Biblical Present Truth in God's last day Church.

Otherwise, the official General Conference Youth Ministry must tell to the worldwide SDA communities the reason why they choose to keep silent.

• Administrators

The last quote mark is on, the first one got omitted. Please don't be upset with me.

I hope you find work!

`G

No that doesn't cut it. The last quotation mark was in the original source you plagerized. The original author was quoting Jesus. If you honestly were intending to show you were quoting someone else's material, it would have been a double quotation mark at the end, a quote within a quote. Not to mention giving proper credit for that which is not you own original written work.

But your lame attempt to offer an "excuse" might get a pass if it were a first time offense. Getting all the mileage you can out of stolen material and passing it off as your own - post #682081 on December 15 from the very same source:

Originally Posted By: olger
Here’s a fun experiment: post something on your Facebook condemning any sin — not sinner, but sin. Maybe write a few paragraphs about why we shouldn’t kill babies, or why marriage is sacred. Write something defending truth. Write something combating popular cultural lies about morality. Write something where you call out an act — not a person — an act, and then sit back and wait for the responses. On average it will take only 4.7 seconds before a self-identified Christian rushes in to insist that you must never speak out against any evil, ever, for any reason, lest you be guilty of “judging.”

And then the “no judging” chorus will begin:

“We’re not allowed to judge.”

“Christians shouldn’t judge.”

“Jesus said to never judge.”

“You’re not a real Christian because you are judging.”

“You’re judging so I’m going to judge you and tell you that you’re a piece of garbage because you judge so much!”

“Judger! You’re a big fat judge-face, all you do is judge all day like a judging judge McJudgePants!”

And so on.

g

No opening or closing quotes there. I think there are at least two broken commandments we can account for if we render judgment on this little escapade...

Oh the irony of it all...

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

The thief at Calvary was promised eternal life, so why not this one?

I might not remember the story right, but didn't that thief confess his sins though?

• Administrators

Quote:
Probably some still remember the GC youth ministry's "general Anesthetic drug" dogma to kill the sense of our precious Present Truth: "All gathering is good. No need to see the content nor ingredients in any meetings/seminars. Well, everyone should go to heaven no matter what, anyway. So, do whatever you want and what doctrines comfortable to you. We have a loving Savior, right? Jesus saves us. Not doctrines nor any different styles that may save you. Only Jesus."

it is true that only Jesus saves us.

It is the plan of God unfolded that the life and death and intercession of Christ brings us life.

Dying with Christ and living in the power of His resurrection, being born again, and living unto God.

It is Jesus alone that brings us salvation, God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son that whosoever believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting Life. He alone is the Resurrection and the Life.

Doctrines bless us, teach us, guide us, protect us, but they are not the source of salvation. even the doctrine of Jesus does not help us unless we receive the power of the Holy Spirit in Jesus name, and come alive to know God, and love God and yield to His will. the ink and paper and words of Scripture do not save us, it is the living Savior, who speaks the word into our hearts with living power to recreate us in His image.

without the Spirit ministering the Life and death and intercession of Christ to us, the scriptures are nothing.

though i have all knowledge and understand all prophecies, though i have all faith so as to move mountains and have not love, i am nothing.

God is Love, we can have scriptures and we can have beautiful truths, and we can purvey all the doctrines, and not have love governing our hearts. unfortunately this a possibility given our human condition.

Love is giving without seeking anything for ourselves in return. unselfishness, and there was no giving like the giving of Jesus, and Jesus giving every moment of his life and giving up his connection to the Father for us.

it is the goodness of God that leads us to repentance, to turn to God and turn away from our selfish interests and be filled with those things that interest God.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Quote:
I have certainly been guilty of moments where I judged in ways that were in error. I would later realize that what upset me was what I was in fact doing myself, and usually I was simply projecting my own character flaws upon others.

Thanks for the reminder Unity, something that makes this truth below so galling for some.

"Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience."James 5:8-10 KJV

Jesus cares! God saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Dear all "Ecumenical-mentality" friends...

I just wanna submit to you that DOCTRINE is NOT a dirty word. Why are you so allergic to everything about doctrine? Because God is love, 'eh?

Tooo much in mostly nonsense Singing, praise and emotional worship and a contemplative prayer, but so reluctant...not only lazy but also not so interested in the never-ending Bible Study and compare scriptures to scriptures as if we wanna open our Facebooks or emails daily and even hourly.

Unless something spectacular, "Cool and Friendly-humorous Gospel" with a show and entertainment-oriented worship styles, "The One Project" has no idea what should be given to this post generation of SDA. No wonder "The One Project" always flooded with 'human reasoning' instead of the core-Biblical fundamental & Principals

Why don't you study and reveal about who and what is Jesuit all about? Why don't you give a seminar about "National Sunday Law?" or "Victory Over Sin?"

Study, study, study please. And "work for the night is coming...". Stop slumbering in your comfort zone (if you want)

But rebuke and warn the world--not to condemn--with a loving & kindly manners.

Originally Posted By: Johann
The thief at Calvary was promised eternal life, so why not this one?

I might not remember the story right, but didn't that thief confess his sins though?

Seems like he confessed the sins of his friend. Do you recall the number of seminars he attended? Did he have to know about the coming Sunday laws or victory over sin?

Let me try putting it this way. We have a conference in the US that has elected a woman president. This is clearly in contradiction to the Church Manual. The Church Manual says that churches that contradict its rules should be removed from membership. This includes the members who insist on their defiant position.

Or perhaps Women's Ordination is a good example. Five of six of the North American Division Unions have approved it. The issue has been voted down at two different General Conference sessions.

Quote:
General Conference the Highest Authority

In the Church today the General Conference in session, and the General Conference Executive Committee between sessions, is the highest ecclesiastical authority in the administration of the Church. The General Conference Executive Committee is authorized by its Constitution to create subordinate organizations with authority to carry out their roles. Therefore all subordinate organizations and institutions throughout the Church will recognize the General Conference in session, and the General Conference Executive Committee between sessions, as the highest ecclesiastical authority, under God, among Seventh-day Adventists.

When differences arise in or between churches and conferences or institutions, appeal to the next higher constituent level is proper until it reaches an Annual Council of the General Conference Executive Committee or the General Conference in session. Between these meetings, the General Conference Executive Committee constitutes the body of final authority on all questions. The committee’s decision may be reviewed at a General Conference session or an Annual Council. When organizations review decisions of other organizations, they do not assume responsibility for the liabilities of any other organization.

“I have often been instructed by the Lord that no man’s judgment should be surrendered to the judgment of any other one man. Never should the mind of one man or the minds of a few men be regarded as sufficient in wisdom and power to control the work and to say what plans shall be followed. But when, in a General Conference, the judgment of the brethren assembled from all parts of the field is exercised, private independence and private judgment must not be stubbornly maintained, but surrendered. Never should a laborer regard as a virtue the persistent maintenance of his position of independence, contrary to the decision of the general body.”—

9T 260.

That's just terrible. I think the perpetrator should be tried by judging Judge McJudgepants, and then hung.

`G

• Administrators

Unity,

That all seems rather off topic in this thread. But it also sound like a familiar refrain from another tune repeatedly sung by someone else around here... Hmmm...

Hmmmmmm......... I recall seeing a lot of those exact lines in various posts here......... someone is stealing from someone.....

Isn't that a sin?

Project1_zpsf566ad2f.jpg

• Administrators

Moderator Note:

Ger, you obviously don't seem to take this plagiarism seriously. You should. In publishing circles this sort of thing ranks right up there with making things up and claiming they are true. It can get you blackballed from the writers club. For academics, writers and in business, taking others intellectual property and passing it off as your own is not just bad form, it can have very serious legal consequences. Some previously well respected and acclaimed authors have not recovered once it is discovered that they have gone down that path.

You seem to have made a regular practice of passing off others writings as your own right here. Just in this thread in addition to what has already been pointed out there is your long post elaborating criticism of Leonard Sweet in post #684257 which seems to have been to a significant extent written by someone else rather than you as you made it appear.

Original source here

This sort of thing is basically a combined theft and falsehood. It can have long lasting and serious consequences. Think about it. Carefully. Seriously. I am not joking.

Tom,

Perhaps you should lighten up. Plagiarism is a man-made term, and has no recognition in the sight of God. God is the source and author of any true wisdom or good thing. Anyone on this planet who attempts to take to himself or herself the credit for any good thing is the real plagiarist--not giving glory to God.

By the world's standards, most of the Bible authors, and Jesus Himself, were plagiarists.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

• Administrators

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder Unity, something that makes this truth below so galling for some.

"Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

"ye that are spiritual restore such a one, and consider yourself lest you also be tempted."

whenever we become aware of the shortcomings of others, the lack of Christ's love in their conduct and relationship, the errors in doctrine, or finding them to be the source of temptation.... we are to be careful at this point that we tune our own hearts, and keep our flesh under us, lest we should also be a castaway.

i think it is when this is happening that God's spirit is moving and we need to deepen our humility and surrender and love for God and be reinforced by prayer and surrender. anyone can too easily end up voicing a lack of love and divine wisdom.

Love alone can cross all the gaps our selfish selves generate. and to love when love is not returned is one of the great tests of love. Only God can do this, and those unfallen, and those who allow That unselfish love to govern their heart and lives. we must have the divine help to shower the unloving with love, we who are unloving by nature ourselves.

doctrine al teaching cannot touch the heart of a person who is dying, it is time for a hand squeeze, warmth, compassion, a spirit of forgiveness and not blaming. and those who are afraid of the focus on love for get that we are all dying of sin, and all need this encouragement and tenderness of God. it is not rebellion to show this mercy and kindness.

some sda's seem afraid of the emphasis on love, as if it is rebellion and destruction of truth and doctrine. contrary it is the foundation of every doctrine. God is love, God is not doctrine, though they are expressions of love.

i feel badly if you love my thoughts and ideas, but do not love me. Jesus said, "you search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life, but you do not come to me."

no one seems to get this. it is the classic conflict between God and religious people who love truth but are not loving people.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Tom,

Perhaps you should lighten up. Plagiarism is a man-made term, and has no recognition in the sight of God. God is the source and author of any true wisdom or good thing. Anyone on this planet who attempts to take to himself or herself the credit for any good thing is the real plagiarist--not giving glory to God.

By the world's standards, most of the Bible authors, and Jesus Himself, were plagiarists.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

I don't blame Tom, Green. He's desperate to find something against me. He's been dogging my tracks (Henry Fonda quote) for years and that's all he's got. Give him a week and he will be back to his usual pro-Womens ordination idée fixe, and carving up the posts of people that he disagrees with.

In the words of Mencken "Liberals have many tails and chase them all."

G

RE THE TITLE

>> A shocking fact about our shaking church

SO a few people do something you do not like, and you act like it is the whole Church being shaken?

REALLY????

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Quote:

Well worth repeating. Not sure of it's acceptability among a certain percentage.

"For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,"Matthew 24:38 NKJV

Not sure of the day nor the hour that the door of the ark will be closed, but I believe the last generation is right at the door.

"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

Matthew 24:34 NASB

"Do not complain, brethren, against one another, so that you [yourselves] may not be judged. Look! The Judge is [already] standing at the very door."

James 5:8 AMP brackets theirs' LHC

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!