ClubAdventist is back!

Don Gray, NPUC pastor/evangelist

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

Just found out that Don Gray passed away today. He was a well-known pastor and evangelist in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

That name is familiar to me, too... Did he write any books?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

That name is familiar to me, too... Did he write any books?

Yes, he did, Gail. He was also the one who brought Joe Melashenko to California, which began Joe's work with the King's Heralds.

I don't have his bio here, but I'm sure something will be written up by the Review and NPUC Gleaner once they know...

He and his wife were delightful people. :)

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Wife's name Marjorie? If so, then we have indeed carried his books

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

That is if I can trust my memory... My forgetter is working better and better as time goes on...

• Members

:) your memory is right on target! Marge was Don's wife...

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yes, Don was a very good person. He will be missed by many, and many are looking forward to that great reunion in the clouds of glory.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• 9 months later...

Don Gray conducted an evangelistic series in Modesto some years ago. He had the most loving way to present difficult topics than I have ever heard.

Someone mentioned that he brought Joe Melashenko to California. We had Joe speak in our church several times. He is a very loving person. When he spoke, the main message was just his loving personality.

At one meeting, his wife was outside the door greeting people. Just for fun, I said, "Melashenko meet Babienco." She was ecstatic. It was Elder T. T. Babienco who brought their family into the truth while they were living in Canada. I need to explain, I married Barbara Babienco, one of T. T. Babienco's nieces! Mrs. Melashenko and my wife had a wonderful visit comparing notes.

It is a little scary to see these wonderful pioneers die, one at a time. We need a lot more of that calibre to replace them.

(BTW the picture of the driveway is to our home in Woodland, CA. Those are redwoods, and their branches now reach across the driveway!) We now live in Grand Junctrion, CO.

Hubert F. Sturges

www.everlastingcovenant.com

• Moderators

Modesto:  I grew up there.

Modesto:  The name is interesting.  The railroad was going through California.  To honor the men who were laying the track, the Company named the periodic locations set aside for a town with the names of people working on the track, who were often Hispanic.  When they came to the location for the town, the person was very modest and declined to have his name given to the future town.  So the Company gave that location the Spanish word for "modest" to that location and that is how it came to be named Modesto.

Gregory