ClubAdventist is back!

What Atheists Want

phkrause

Good try at derailing the topic, but no go! The article is simply asking for honesty and humility on both sides. Is that so difficult for Christians?

thinkingthinking

Although the last post by me was looking for a return from Debbym

as indicated in the upper left corner, it warrants an answer as seen through the light of the Word.

"Love....is ever ready to believe the best of every person....and it endures everything [without weakening]."1 Corinthians 13:7 AMP brackets theirs' LHC

God is Love! Keep looking up! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Quote:
For the most part, especially for those who are willing to admit their helplessness in the face of the enemy of souls, without Jesus. However I would like to know how you see your position in answer to these two different circumstances.

"Jesus then answered....So when He had dipped the morsel, He took and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot. After the morsel, Satan then entered into him. Therefore Jesus *said to him, “What you do, do quickly.”"John 13:26-28 NASB

i will try to do justice to your effort to relate what i said to the issue of communicating with those who choose to not be surrendered to Christ.

i believe there is a struggle in every human heart when we encounter a good that is greater then we understand, or when we encounter an evil greater then we understand. and everyone has a combination heart, kind of like combination skin, dry here soft there, only different.

Jesus loved Judas, however much Judas was filled with ambitions and greed, when Judas kissed Jesus in the betrayal, Jesus spoke tenderly to him. Jesus knew Judas's condition and his case and his lostness, and was utterly merciful; even as Judas was losing everything moment by moment. Jesus remained loving towards Judas. The enemy of Judas was also the enemy of Christ. But love for Judas continued to be expressed regardless of his condition and his error.

our own selfish nature is our enemy, because it is the enemy of unselfishness. we meet our enemy with the power of God's character, within or without.... as Jesus did.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Members

i will try to do justice to your effort to relate what i said to the issue of communicating with those who choose to not be surrendered to Christ.

i believe there is a struggle in every human heart when we encounter a good that is greater then we understand, or when we encounter an evil greater then we understand. and everyone has a combination heart, kind of like combination skin, dry here soft there, only different.

Jesus loved Judas, however much Judas was filled with ambitions and greed, when Judas kissed Jesus in the betrayal, Jesus spoke tenderly to him. Jesus knew Judas's condition and his case and his lostness, and was utterly merciful; even as Judas was losing everything moment by moment. Jesus remained loving towards Judas. The enemy of Judas was also the enemy of Christ. But love for Judas continued to be expressed regardless of his condition and his error.

our own selfish nature is our enemy, because it is the enemy of unselfishness. we meet our enemy with the power of God's character, within or without.... as Jesus did.

Exactly debbym, excellent post. :like::like::like:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Thank you for your response debym. In the post you previously wrote including this comment,

Quote:
But love for Judas continued to be expressed regardless of his condition and his error.

are you of the opinion that Jesus' love for Judas will overrule Judas' last freely made decision to take his own life?

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

i have never heard of love violating anyone's choices. Have you?

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

When confronted with the evidence of the goodness of YHVH in the Last Days, I suspect there will all sorts of miscreants, including atheists and communists and hard-nosed Christians, who will willingly choose YHVH as their master.

I think there will be many surprises among us as to who will choose the LORD, no matter what horrible things they have done in this life. In the Last Days all things will be made clear to us so that everyone can make an informed choice.

We may think that we are really important in the universe, but perhaps our masters think of us as mere earthworms, to be squished if we don't do whatever they want us earthworms to do. That's why we were given rules for earthworms to follow, to prevent, essentially, us earthworms from harming each other, and, to create a world of peace and mutual respect.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

Quote:
That's why we were given rules for earthworms to follow

It is good to remember that our initial beginnings had a much higher purpose than earthworms.

"...the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison. Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. !"James 3:9 NLT

Lift Jesus up!!

i have never heard of love violating anyone's choices. Have you?

Perhaps when one makes a choice out of ignorance and misguided antagonism and prayers from an interested bystander were offered.

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."Luke 23:34 KJV

God saves! Jesus cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Perhaps humans are, to the rest of the universe, more like cockroaches, nasty little insects who destroy their own environment, steal each other's stuff or money, and kill each other out of pure meanness.

We shouldn't think too highly of the cockroach-infested lives we have created for ourselves, and shouldn't wail and moan too loudly when our owner returns for an accounting of what we have done to make this a better world to live in, or not.

Some cockroaches may be able to be trained to behave as harmless, good little insects, but the majority do not comprehend goodness and refuse to respect each other, or, respect the wishes of the owner of this planet.

Alas, only the good little cockroaches will be taken to a place of safety while the rest must meet a fiery death on a doomed planet.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

Quote:
Alas, only the good little cockroaches will be taken to a place of safety while the rest must meet a fiery death on a doomed planet.

We can be grateful for this promise.

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the [sound of the] last trumpet call. For a trumpet will sound, and the dead [in Christ] will be raised imperishable (free and immune from decay), and we shall be changed (transformed)."1 Corinthians 15:52 AMP parenthesis brackets theirs' LHC

Lift Jesus up!!