ClubAdventist is back!

Gus Foster

I realize that the 144,000 mentioned twice in Revelation, in Rev 7:4 & 14:1,3, have been sorted out by many scholars with a lot of initials following their names; but I thought I would give the meaning and interpretation some life. They are those followers of Jesus that are left alive on earth after the close of probation; those that have heard the 7 thunders of Rev 10:1-8 which is the only thing that has not been unveiled, the voice of God telling His servants what is about to happen in the last day.

All of God's redeemed are a kingdom of priests, but these 144,000 are the 'high priests' with privileges to enter into the GR- 'naos' the temple - into the most holy place. My summation is that these are those who investigate the heavenly records during the millennium which vindicate God and judge Satan guilty in the court of the universe. All saints check heavenly records of the unsaved, but these are those that reveal the heavenly judgment of our Creator.

Please notice that in Rev 21 & 22 there is no temple, no need for a temple, since our Lord is our Temple. The earthly temple copied from heaven has no more function.

Once again we deal with multiple understandings, interpretation, exegesis and thoughts on literal and spiritual meanings as well as chronological settings; so we should all prayerfully study for some kind of resemblance of unanimity.

Striving for a better relationship with Him!

Gus Foster

For those who feel they probably won't make the 144,000.

When it is in the heart to obey God, when efforts are put forth to this end, Jesus accepts this disposition and effort as man’s best service, and He makes up for the deficiency with His own divine merit. My Life Today, Page 250

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you".Hebrews 13:4

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,

“Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.” And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying,

“Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen.”Revelation 7:9-12 NASB

Jesus/God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

i found a description of the temple on the earth made new.

it is placed outside the new Jerusalem, on the earth on mt. Zion. it is glorious and we can go in and out, it is described as a memorial of the work of God in redeeming humankind.

when Christs work of intercession is complete, he lays off his high priest labor and robes, one phase of his work of redemption is done, and there are a few more steps to be taken.

it will be another step like when he finished his earthly life and laid off our weakened human flesh and blood, and was resurrected, the work moved forward, he was finished with that phase of His labor.

i am not that concerned with the 144,000. There is math and geometry in God's plan, i think i will just have to wait till i have that recreated mind that will fully comprehend it all.

the 12 foundations, the 12 gates into the city, and the 12 disciples, and the 12 tribes, 12 crops of fruit on the tree of life, 12 months in a year, and the 12 times 12,000 saints....

"we'll understand it all by and by"

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

I had no problem with the 144.000 when I was a child. Our total church membership wasn´t so awful greater than that.

A number of ladies in the church were using bright red lipstick and high heels, and I knew they would never be among the 144.000, so I figured Revelation had given us the right number.

The problem arouse with the great increase in our membership.

I might be encouraging and liveable but really a stretch, especially since the 144,000 go through the great tribulation. When all the texts are studied in Greek, the original language, it is impossible to put them chronologically in any other place except in the group that is literally alive after the close of probation and the witnesses of the actual 2nd Advent.

Striving for a better relationship with Him!

Gus Foster

I recently looked at the Sinai Covenant in terms of a marriage covenant.

Israel was betrothed to the LORD. He finally divorced the 10 Northern Tribes for adultery.

Jeremiah 3:8 “Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also.”

If He had divorced all of the tribes, then He could not have been "born under the law" - under that first covenant.

Finally what remained of Israel was widowed when her "husband" died.

Paul says that when the husband dies, the wife is then released from the law concerning her husband.

Romans 7:1 “Or do you not know, brethren (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has jurisdiction over a person as long as he lives?

2 For the married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is living; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law concerning the husband.

3 So then if, while her husband is living, she is joined to another man, she shall be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from the law, so that she is not an adulteress, though she is joined to another man.

4 Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead” (NAS).

I am going to get to the 144,000. Bear with me.

It was against the law for a High Priest to marry a widow, a woman defiled by idolatry, a divorced woman, or a harlot. So HOW can he marry Jerusalem and her citizens??

He has to wipe away all record of her sins, and make her like a virgin again. Which is why the 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel, are described as "virgins".

Personally - I believe the 144,000 symbolically represent all of those redeemed from this age. Israel was called "firstfruits" in Exodus 19.

I believe the Second Coming will actually trigger the 7 last bowl judgments. I believe the redeemed will be removed from the earth BEFORE the final judgments (without mercy) are poured out - as Lot/family were removed from Sodom BEFORE the fireballs hit. Lot's wife represents those who WERE in covenant with the LORD, but looked back. They will be consumed.

I was looking for something to argue effectively with Messianics/Hebrew Roots people that there really is a "new" covenant, which includes some changes - priesthood is Melchizedek and no longer Aaronic, therefore animal sacrifices are no longer accepted.

Anyone interested, the study is at my website - under "Law and Covenant Studies" and is titled "Two Covenants".

Blessings,

Rachel Cory

Prophecy Viewpoint

8thdaypriest

Redeemed Israel will become "priests of God and of Christ".

The "consecration" of the priests took 7 days.

They were to remain "at the door of the Tabernacle" for 7 days.

If a "day" is as 1000 years, then this is a prophecy.

We will become priests.

We collectively will become "priests" under Christ.

So we must remain "at the door" of "the true Tabernacle" (Heaven itself) until the 8th day. Then we will begin our ministry as priests.

I believe the Holy City New Jerusalem is "the doorway" to "the True Tabernacle". Think of it like an embassy. A United States Embassy can be located in Saudi Arabia, but within that embassy is US territory. To invade an embassy is an attack on the US. Just so- the New Jerusalem can be located in another dimension for now, but it is earth territory ruled over by Jesus Christ.

I do not believe the Holy City will descend to earth until after the Gog-Magog Battle and cleanup of Ezekiel 39, and Rev. 20.

If you visit my website, you can read thru the book that I published titled "The 8th Day". It is all loaded up there for easy access. You will have to google it. I don't think the administrators here like us posting links.

Blessings,

Rachel Cory

Prophecy Viewpoint

8thdaypriest