ClubAdventist is back!

A very important paper on WO...

Tom Wetmore

• Administrators

Angel Rodriguez has done a very thorough analysis of the various arguments used by those opposed to WO. This is a part of the official TOSC set of documents.

http://www.adventistarchives.org/evaluat...he-ministry.pdf

A must read for those on either side and for those that remain on the fence confused by all the debate.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

Yes, one of the foundation arguments of some of those opposed to WO he effectively challenges. I think it is interesting that Angel calls out the opposition for fear mongering with several of their arguments.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Administrators

The foundation of the notion that it is about authority is the heresy of headship. Angel spends a significant part of the paper addressing headship.

A note right at the beginnning of this official document shows the importance of this study:

Quote:
Steve Bohr, “A Study of 1 Peter 2:9, 10 and Galatians 3:28,” Theology of Ordination Study

Committee, Baltimore

July 2013, 1, writes, “I believe that what is simple and clear in the Bible has been

mystified and relativized.” It is unfortunate that Bohr considers the hermeneutics of those who disagree

with him as practically the same as the one used by Cristian theo

logians to undermine the authority of the

Sabbath commandment. Both, according to him, reject or question the plain meaning the Bible. He knows

very well that the non

-

Adventist scholars he was using as examples use the historical critical method

which has

been rejected by us. Surprisingly he approvingly uses the hermeneutics employed Wayne

Grudem to exclude women from the ministry. If the hermeneutics used by Bohr and Grudem is the one

that unfolds biblical truth, why has not Grudem, using that same hermene

utics, found the Sabbath in the

New Testament? This suggests to me that the hermeneutics employed by both Bohr and Grudem does not

necessarily lead to biblical truth. It is also unfortunate that Bohr uses the argument of fear to buttress his

views. In agre

ement with Grudem, he writes, “Evangelical scholar Wayne Grudem has warned that those

who drift away from faithfulness to the authority and clarity of the Bible on the matter of women’s

ordination will drift further from the Bible in other areas as well” (

3). I wonder what Grudem is talking

about, because Protestants have drifted away from biblical authority long ago! I doubt that Bohr is calling

us to return to the hermeneutics of evangelicalism. The argument from fear does not appeal to reason but

to the

irrational and therefore aims at halting the conversation. It is not a valid argument in the study of

the Bible. On what grounds can it be demonstrated that if we ordain women to the ministry we may

abandon the Sabbath, “bless gay marriages,” accept gay pa

stors, and reinterpret the creation account

along liberal lines, as Bohr suggests? There is no way to establish any valid correlation between these and

ordaining women to the ministry (see Nicholas Miller, “The Ordination of Women in the American

Church,”

Theology of Ordination Study Committee, Baltimore MD, June 2013).

If there is any statistical

study that clearly shows that this is the case, let us bring it to the table for careful study. In this case, Bohr

is not placing a valid argument on the table fo

r discussion; he brings fear. The rhetorical function of the

phrase “the tip of an iceberg” is to instill fear (4). Such arguments were used by prophets because the

Lord revealed to them what would unquestionably happen. What we need is to find biblical tr

uth and

follow it, leaving the consequences in the hands of the Lord.http://www.adventistarchives.org/evaluation-of-the-arguments-used-by-those-opposing-the-ordination-of-women-to-the-ministry.pdf

This indicates that what some of you claim as the plain truth is a method of Bible interpretations needed to dismiss Sabbath observance. Is this what the Seventh-day Adventist Church needs in its "battle" against the Mark of the Beast?

Could this be an indication who will reject the Mark of the Beast and remain with the Lord at the end of time?

• Tom Wetmore pinned and locked this topic