ClubAdventist is back!

What about the animals?

lazarus

• Moderators

God made provision to save the animals last time he destroyed the earth during the flood. What about this time with destruction by fire? Is there any Biblical evidence that the animals will be saved? If not why not?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

that's an interesting question... and makes me further wonder about Christians who advocate evolution. Will the progenitors of modern humans be saved as human or ???

hmmm...this is going to take me a while to wrap my head around these ideas....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

The animals die as part of the curse on the earth as symbolized by the thorns. Remembering this we find that Jesus bore the crown of thorns. That means that not only did he take our curse but the curse on the animals.

People like to bring up "What about the pesky mosquitos and flys" but with a God as big as ours and a universe as big as ours who is not say that God cannot have a planet away from us where they are not bothering us, but where they can live very happy?

• Administrators

now the animals have bodies that perish, in heaven there will be no death, even death of flowers and trees and animals. you would not want an animal in heaven that would die. just as our flesh will be made new.

he will make all things new and free of the effects of the curse. the only remains of the curse will be the scars on Jesus' form.

in Christ we will have an infinite ideal for humanity that we will always be reaching to experience. A human being that is at the full height of being God. we remain created he will remain the creator. Animals will be recreated.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

What are you talking about???? The Bible does mention lions and lambs in the new earth...even serpents... and we shall eat fruit from the Tree of Life......so....... the Terms for Continuance of Life evidently will not be the same as they are now. Nuff Sed

• Administrators

[reread what] i posted...

now (at this time) the animals have bodies that perish,

in heaven there will be no death, (not) even death of flowers and trees and animals.

you would not want an animal in heaven that would die. just as our flesh will be made new. (in heaven animals will will be created and have bodies that will not die.)

so we agree and i am still wondering what you were referring to when you posted "What are you talking about????

what part of my post do you not understand. i added a few more words hoping that would clarify and answer your question marks.

[Read] the rest of my post if you still are wondering what i am talking about.

flower

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• 1 year later...

[Read]Psalm 36:6

... all creation groans.....

The more I sit at His Feet, the more I see the care and love for what I care and love.

Edited by Tom Wetmore
No quote zone...
  • Like 4

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Numbers 27:16 says in part, "God gives breath to all living things". And then in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it says in part, "the breath returns to God who gave it".

While I do not think animals have souls like humans do, they obviously have the living breath and it goes back to God. What He does with it at resurrection and in the New Earth will be up to Him.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

In the original post, Laz asked if there is any Biblical evidence, how can you answer that without bringing the Bible into the discussion?

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

I wonder about the saying that flowers will never die. It has some biological implications. If the flower doesn't fade away, how will the plant be able to make seeds? Personally, I would like to create new strains of plants.

And could you imagine the conversation Maude and Mabel could have over the hedges between the yards of their country homes:

Maude: Mabel, would you like to have this bouquet of flowers?

Mabel: Oh, Maude! I couldn't. It has been at least two hundred years since I had any room to put anymore flowers! I wouldn't know what to do with them!

Maude: OK, Mabel. I will go see if Matilda would like to have these. I have too many!

As far as not bringing the Bible into the discussion, why would you try? I mean, if the Bible is not involved, how do you know all the animals outside the ark died at the flood? How would you even know there is a heaven?!

• Like 1

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

• Members

Gay, you could always paraphrase the Bible verse you wanted to quote..  :)

• Like 2

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Animals will be in the New Earth no doubt. It seems like they will be around after the Second Coming unless the references to the birds of the air are metaphorical.

Behold what manner of love the Father hath given unto us.

Personally, I doubt that there will be a 'general' resurrection of the animals when Jesus returns. Bur Lazarus makes a good point, I think, when he talks about God making provision for the animals in the time of the flood. There is no shadow of turning [i.e. no inconsistency] with God, and so I do expect that there will be some provision made for them again.

My suggestion is that there may be a selective resurrection of specific animals beloved by members of the Redeemed. Nothing is impossible with Him, and of course He encourages His children to ask for the fulfilment of their heart's desire. Those that ASK for a beloved animal to be restored to them, may have their desire met... (either in the city of God , during the 1000 years, or afterwards in the new earth)... I see no problem with this.

• Like 3