ClubAdventist is back!

Catching up on milestones...

Miss Jessie

I graduated from a private, non-profit SDA college with an Associates degree in media (non accredited). I guess that's a milestone...That happened this past May...

Then I started working as a volunteer at a ministry in Canada. That's another milestone...

But I've been let go just yesterday, so this Sunday it looks like I'm going back to NY. Is that a milestone? Hm...

Something good is about to happen.

• Moderators

Congratulations on your training and experience. Sorry about loosing the job, best wishes with returning to NY. What part of NY are you going to? I live in NY, the Binghamton area. Hope you get a new job soon.

I don't like giving out my exact location or specific names of schools or business that I attend(ed) and/or work with in public.

@Kevin H? Were you there when canvassers canvassed there a couple years ago, back in 2011?

I'll be in the finger lakes region for a while. I'm not sure how long. Maybe just a few days, could be longer...

It's okay. I believe the Lord closed the door. I believe He has other plans for me, and may have closed the door because He wants me to take these other opportunities. Even if there are other reasons, He's still God and still looking out for us.

Besides, they were very nice about it...even had a little going away party, kind of. They made me a cake and even bought me a gift and card. It was so sweet.

• Moderators

I remember when they came, but I was busy with work at the time, and they were mostly at the Vestal Hills Church, but I attend to outreach church "Blessed Hope". I hope we can meet when you are here.

@Kevin H : It's possible we may have already met, but if you figure out who I am, please don't give away my identity :). I don't know for sure though.

• Moderators

Finger Lakes region: I flew in for a few hours one day. It is a beautiful place. Looking at the several Finger Lakes from the air is something else.

I came in from Georgia, stayed a few hours and left.

Again: A beautiful place.

I can imagine that the Winters would be cold.

Gregory

• Moderators

Greg: You need to visit Union Springs Academy and watch a Sunset over lake Cayuga from the Academy...

• Moderators

The following tells a bit about my journey to Seneca Army Depot:

Quote:
The Manhattan Project, with its deliberately bland name, would draw the war to a conclusion with the destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. But the presence of atomic weapons at SEAD -- even if never confirmed nor denied by official sources -- was more than a presumption. References to "special weapons" began in 1957 and Gable and Zogg find many clues to the presence of at least battlefield nuclear devices, such as the public listing of such occupational skills at the depot as "nuclear weapons officer". Starting in 1983, demonstrations by an umbrella group called Seneca Women's Peace Encampment brought attention to the likely presence of nuclear weapons and an ongoing harassment of normal operations at the depot.

Yes, the Seneca Women's Peace Encampment was active at that time some of the members of the unit to which I was assigned were deployed to guard against the women! :):) So, I went to visit them one day.

Gregory

• Administrators

I graduated from a private, non-profit SDA college with an Associates degree in media (non accredited). I guess that's a milestone...That happened this past May...

Then I started working as a volunteer at a ministry in Canada. That's another milestone...

But I've been let go just yesterday, so this Sunday it looks like I'm going back to NY. Is that a milestone? Hm...

Something good is about to happen.

Transition may be a milestone, especially if it leads into something wonderful. Milestones can also be bad as well. Please keep us posted! I surely hope that you are able to find new employment soon!

Some people are very resistant to change. I am one of those... Transition can make for some stress.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members
Greg: You need to visit Union Springs Academy and watch a Sunset over lake Cayuga from the Academy...
I have been there a couple of times, when my 2 of my niece's graduated from there. A very beautiful place Kevin.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

If you really want a Union Springs/Cayuga Lake experience go down to the railway station on the lake shore during a rain storm and watch the lightning striking all over the lake. During the summers I worked at the Academy if I would see a storm coming I would grab my bicycle and ride down the hill to watch the storm.. Outstanding......

Incidentally if anyone here will be at the New York Conference Campmeeting the weekend of June 6 we plan to be there. The following weekends we are planning for Southern New England and then Northern New England. Nuff Sed

• 2 weeks later...

I have an interview at WalMart tomorrow. It's about two miles from here. The interview is for a department that I'm definitely not too familiar with, although somewhat familiar with and perhaps more so than others. It's a mostly outside job, too. The Lawn and Garden department.

I need full time, or something steady/stable. Something that will give me enough hours and/or enough pay to provide for myself and get my own place. The lady that I'm staying with temporarily is willing to drive me, and I don't mind walking, but that still restricts the hours that I'm actually available.

Please pray for me, that only the Lords' will will be done here. That if it is His will for me to have the job, He'll help me to learn quickly, give me wisdom and focus, and help me to get back and forth.

• Moderators

I'm praying for you. Have you looked into health care jobs such as Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aid, or Mental Health Therapy Aid? They are often a good way to get a foot in the door for career building.

• Administrators

I do wish you well, Miss Jessie, and am praying for you, that you find employment either here or at another place.

Gardening and being near growing plants seems like a rather nice place to be :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.