ClubAdventist is back!

Brain surgery

Gail

• Administrators

Hi, all-

Tomorrow, Friday, my sister-in-law has brain surgery. She was suffering from terrible cluster migraines and tests revealed a cluster of blood vessels that could be the cause of her continual headaches. The surgeon will reduce the cluster to what will provide a proper blood flow.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Hi, all-

Tomorrow, Friday, my sister-in-law has brain surgery. She was suffering from terrible cluster migraines and tests revealed a cluster of blood vessels that could be the cause of her continual headaches. The surgeon will reduce the cluster to what will provide a proper blood flow.

My wife, about 1/2 year ago, had an anointing visit by our pastor that, after a year of cooperation with God's opening providences, has returned her to better health than she's had in the last 36 years of our marriage, which includes total freedom of all pharmaceutical drugs after having been on 60 mg of morphine 4x daily as well as no need for regularly scheduled visits to a doctor. This after having formerly been under therapy for migraines, asthma, diabetes and eczema. Praise God.

We'll be praying for your sister-in-law with empathy, for God's will to be done in her life.

"And Jesus said to him, “‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.”"Mark 9:23 NASB

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

The surgery went well and she is recovering well! So she is in ICU for the day or two and then will be released, I think is the plan.

Thank you so much for your prayers! I hope that her headaches will be a thing of the past.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

We hope the migraines do not return. If she had lived during Jesus' time, he would have cured her.

My wife has a migraine only occasionally, far less than her mother. I rarely have even a mild headache, but that's uncomfortable enough. I do suffer from scrambled brains, though...don't know if there's any cure for that.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Administrators

Hmmm... Scrambly brain...

If you need prayer for that, start a new thread. That sounds serious! :)

• Administrators

They are heading home today for the recovery. She told hubby to tell Spooky that she is happy that she doesn't have to wear a cone like Spooky did when she had her surgery. Sense of humour is intact!

• Members

Gail, thanks for the update

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

She must be doing quite well if she doesn't have to wear the cone and the mittens.

There are so many things to go wrong in us. It's just amazing that we haven't "evolved" beyond the health problems that plague us so. That would probably take millions and billions of years. Ha. Ha.

I know that the Spirit of YHVH could easily fix your sister-in-law's migraine problem, and everything else that is wrong with us, but accessing that power just doesn't seem to be something that we are allowed to do, perhaps because we are so corrupted with selfishness.

As far as the scrambled brains go, it's truly amazing that I made it through all those years of schooling...and church. I might be rich and famous if I could just focus on something and do it. Maybe I'm brain dead, but I've known that for a long time.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• 1 month later...

Hi, all-

That's pretty heavy, prayers are being sent.

• Administrators

Gail, somehow I missed this thread ... must have been at a very busy time or something ... I do hope her recovery is good and that the pain is gone ... forever! Said a prayer for her.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Praying for her recovery, Gail. As a former sufferer of cluster migraines, my heart goes out to her. It feels so good when the pain stops; and there are few pains as extreme as cluster migraines.

• Administrators

Update: sister-in-law is doing very well and has not had a headache since the surgery!

:) a residual effect is that her peripheral vision was affected but she has been told that it will heal in time.

I like happy endings!

• Administrators

Thanks for the update. PTL Yes, happy endings are always a good thing

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"Philippians 4:4 NKJV

Jesus/God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Praise the Lord, Gail, praise the Lord. That's wonderful news

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}