ClubAdventist is back!

Guess hitting 50 could be considered a milestone ;)

Bravus

• Members

:) you're now closer to 100 than to your date of birth!!!

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

That's what I'm up to today.

Yep- that's a cake beside your name! Wishing you blessings now and for the coming year!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

WOW 50 ... you are on your way to experiencing the joy of just living bwink

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Happy Birthday

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Yes, the joy of living: single vision glasses turn into bi-focals, one's marathon time slows down, one is 20 pounds heaver than at 20 years, the belt is two inches longer, one takes the elevator rather than the stairs.

Get the picture?

Gregory

• Moderators

Definitely some of those effects, Gregory, but I also decided to make some changes before my 50th. Starting about 5 months out, I lost 44 lbs and about 4" off the required belt length. There's a way to go yet, but I feel better than I have for years.

• Like 2

Truth is important

• Administrators

You have done very well, Bravus! An admirable job!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

Good for you, Bravus!   You're starting the second half of your life by getting healthy!   Bravo to Bravus!

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• 1 month later...

50 trips around the sun at several thousand miles per hour. Now, how many miles would that be, km, rather? Not to mention the distance we've travelled around the galactic center.

If I remember correctly, ellipses have 2 foci, so where would they lie with respect to the sun? No matter. We've all travelled a great distance to get to this point. No wonder we're wearing out.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you didn't hurt yourself when you hit it.   If you did swing easier at the next "milestone". 

Soooo....  You're just a pup yet.... ;}

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• 2 years later...
On 5/18/2015 at 8:10 AM, Aliensanctuary said:

50 trips around the sun at several thousand miles per hour. Now, how many miles would that be, km, rather? Not to mention the distance we've travelled around the galactic center.

Given we are rotating daily, going around the sun yearly, going around the galaxy over a very long time, and the galaxy is moving thru space also, all together we put in over a billion miles a year!

Haven't heard if anyone thinks the whole universe is moving, but if so, where too?!

>>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

--Shakespeare from Hamlet

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism