ClubAdventist is back!

Welcoming Same-Sex Couples to Church

phkrause

You can always check him out with the Word!

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifeHiscost

• JoeMo

• Aliensanctuary

• phkrause

• Administrators

Quote:

Not necessarily true, Doug might seem hard core on the outside; but inside he's a fun guy.

Not fungi, right? :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Quote:
You can always check him out with the Word!

I Have. That's why I'm not as big of a fan any more.

Quote:
Not fungi, right? :)

LOL! I'm a sucker for a pun!

I'm don't dislike Amazing Facts or disrespect them in any way. I just have issues with trying to "earn" my way to heaven (my perception of AF's theology) rather than trusting in Jesus' mercy and grace; and motivating people through fear rather than love.

Quote:
I'm don't dislike Amazing Facts or disrespect them in any way. I just have issues with trying to "earn" my way to heaven (my perception of AF's theology) rather than trusting in Jesus' mercy and grace; and motivating people through fear rather than love.

If I saw his (Doug Batchelor's) ministry in that light I would have to agree with you. On the other hand I'm satisfied the enabling power of the Holy Spirit will not only give me the desire but the capacity to do "works of righteousness" for the sake of His glory. Who would want to serve a God that didn't have that power to change us into His likeness, as one of His greatest gifts?

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? "

James 2:19-22 NKJV

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members
Than your not listening to the same DB than I am. Or we're not hearing him in the same way! Which is probably more likely I think.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}