ClubAdventist is back!

One month

M. T. Cross

On April 17th I smoked my last cigarette. So I guess its been a month.

30 years habit gone.

• Like 2

• Administrators

"clink" to your health and well-being!

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Administrators

That is SO awesome, EC! I had no idea you had undertaken such a challenge- good for you!

I would love to read an account of the difference you are noticing in your body as the toxins keep working themselves out. Or maybe a month is enough time for them to already be cleansed?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

that's GREAT, M.T.!!!! excited

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Gail, that is the funniest part.

I feel horrible LOL - but that will pass.

But we have moved to a new style of eating as well, along the lines of the Mediterranean diet, so our bodies are flushing a lot of toxins out.

Both my wife and I smoked for 30 years and never under a pack a day each.(or the equivalent as we rolled our own) Most the time if it was under 3 packs I thought I was doing pretty good. So thats a lot of garbage to get out of the body. I am always hot now cause the outer layer of my skin has not seen this much circulation in a few decades.

I did not mention I was gonna do this cause that's just a set up for failure. Of the two times I have tried to quit before I have never made it through the first month without a couple smokes. I had one drag the first week and it made me ill.

My mind set is just different this time........ Its not about trying to quit, its just being down with it and choosing to live longer.

• Administrators

Excellent!!!

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

I had a friend who began smoking as a teen.

He told me once that there is never a day that goes by that he does not wish for a cigarette. But, after several attempts he was able to quit smoking.

Tobacco is one of the worst drugs to overcome.

Congratulations.

If you smoke one, do not consider it a failure. Simply begin again. You can quite, even if you do not have immediate success.

Gregory

• Administrators

Congratulations ... you are taking positive steps to continue with your commitment. And, so much better that you are doing this together. It is not easy but you are past some rough patches ... just celebrate your successes.

Perhaps it would help to keep a journal of your journey to freedom from tobacco.

cool2cool2cool2nananana

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Good for you MT. My Mom and Dad, smoked at least that a day if not more. From what I understand, my Mom smoked more than my dad. Both of them just quit and never looked back. I hope you didn't mind, but I had you in my prayers and still do. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Way to go, MT! I used to smoke over 2 packs a day myself (I wanted to smoke 3 packs, but there just weren't enough hours in the day!) It took me about a week to get over the physical craving; and about 2 months to recover my overall health. Even now, several years later, I still want a smoke after certain activities (like a big meal with drinks when others start smoking).

I have even given in to temptation a couple times; but found out quickly they taste a lot nastier than I remember.

There's only one reason to quit that works - quitting for yourself because you want to. When I tried to quit to please others, I just ended up being a "sneak".

NOTE: You haven't started smoking again until you buy your own pack. Bumming an occasional smoke doesn't count as failing.

• Administrators

Wow- good for you, too, Joe! You can really relate!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

On April 17th I smoked my last cigarette. So I guess its been a month.

30 years habit gone.

I view my biggest accomplishment as when I quit smoking after smoking for 5-6 years.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

I have heard that inhaling a cigarette gives you a fix about the same rate as mainlining

heroin, and it is probably just as addictive

Well done.

Can you set aside the money you were spending on cigarettes until it builds into enough

for something special for you both?

• Administrators

Like a visit?

• Moderators

Congratulations!!! I'll be praying for you. Are you working with your doctor and a program such as the American Lung Association's "Breath Free" program? They usually help.

• Moderators

Congratulations as well to the others here who have reached your milestones in freedom from tobacco!

I smoked when I was about 11. I found a whole carton of Lucky Strikes in the street. Opening a pack I got my bike pump inside a sleeve with the hose near my mouth - and it worked. So I tried to turn my face so others thought the smoke was coming from my mouth.

Soon someone offered me a good amount of cash for the remainder of the cigarettes. I could not resist so I quit smoking. No regrets.

• 1 year later...

It isn't very loud, but maybe you can hear your lungs and the rest of your body saying, "thank you". Well, maybe not your brain since it's a hardcore addict, but it will eventually forget and support the rest of your body.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451