to give the best in me,

to guard my friend and neighbor,

and protect his property.

And if according to Your will

I must answer death's call,

bless with your protecting hand,

my family one and all.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Keep My Mind Focused on Good Health

O Lord, I find it hard to remember what it was like

to be healthy.

Help me keep my mind focused on good health

and strength.

Let me be positive about the course of treatment

I am undergoing.

And let me always have faith, great faith,

in your presence in my life

and your glory in my health.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Prayer for Strength and Faith

In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Dear Lord, see me through these hard times. In these troubling times, I am filled with unspeakable fears. I reach out my hand to you now, And ask you to walk besides me. I cannot carry all my burdens, But I know you can, and will. Please walk beside me. Please guide me. Please help me hold on strong, Through the trials and storms. Help me hold on to my faith, In even the darkest hour. Stay with me Lord, And show me Your way. In your love and Holy Spirit I abide. Amen.

phkrause

• Administrators

Amen

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

In Remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

- Dr. Randolph Nugent

God of our forebears and our God, who has summoned women and men throughout the ages to be thy witnesses and sometimes martyrs for thee, we bow before thee this day in remembrance and thanksgiving for the life and legacy of thy servant, witness and martyr, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. We thank thee for his time among us, for his words and for his deeds, and for the quality of his living witness which eases the pain of recalling the brevity of his years. We rejoice in his example of obedient faith and the scenes and stations of his life which inform and enrich our own faith journeys. And we beseech thee this day for the strength, steadfastness and courage not only to remember but also to obey.

phkrause

• Members

Fire Captain's Prayer

Dear God,

Please guide me in my plight.

Help me think quickly, but safely.

Guild my hand to help those who are seeking knowledge.

Give me the wisdom to help the injured and the weak.

To help those who have no thrive for life.

Grant me the strength to fight the fire with assertive skill.

And God please grant me the ability to return home, to my family.

And, if in your wisdom I may give my life,

protect them from harm, no matter what the foe.

Amen

phkrause

• Members

Bless Our Relationship

Dear God,

You have defined my desire: to be of immeasurable value to my spouse. Guide me in the ways that lead to this richness in relationship, and be glorified in my every effort.

I want to honor my spouse--and you--through my behavior. How can I do that today? Please show me and empower me.

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Police Officers

Almighty God we pray to you

In heaven up above

Watch over our dear police officers

And protect them with your love.

Please guide them as they keep us

safe both day and night

And hold them firmly in your care

should danger come their way.

Give them true strength and courage

As they serve til duty's end

And one more thing to ask dear Lord

Protect their family and their friends.

phkrause

• Administrators

Amen & Amen

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

The Fruits of the Earth

For seasonable weather, and for an abundance of the fruits of the earth, let us pray to the Lord. Lord, have mercy.

phkrause

• Members

Child's Prayer

Dear Father, hear and bless

Thy beasts and singing birds:

And guard with tenderness

Small things that have no words.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer of Thanks to God

George Washington

Almighty God, and most merciful father, who didst command the children of Israel to offer a daily sacrifice to thee, that thereby they might glorify and praise thee for thy protection both night and day, receive, O Lord, my morning sacrifice which I now offer up to thee; I yield thee humble and hearty thanks that thou has preserved me from the danger of the night past, and brought me to the light of the day, and the comforts thereof, a day which is consecrated to thine own service and for thine own honor.

phkrause

• Members

Watch, O Lord

St. Augustine

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake,

or watch, or weep tonight,

and give your angels and saints

charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ,

rest your weary ones,

bless your dying ones,

soothe your suffering ones,

pity your afflicted ones

shield your joyous ones.

And all for your love's sake.

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

To Live Holy Lives

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends to have the self-control they need in every area of life...

Strengthen their hearts so they will be holy and blameless in Your presence when Christ comes. Help them make every effort to be good and knowledgeable, self-controlled and godly, relying on the Spirit's power within them. (1 Thessalonians 3:13; 2 Peter 1:5–7; Ephesians 3:16)

May they imitate the Lord Jesus Christ in all they are and everything they do, and may the way they live match what they say they believe. May they make every effort to live clean and holy lives, devoting themselves to You, to prayer, and to doing good. (1 Thessalonians 1:6; 1 Corinthians 4:17; Hebrews 12:14a; Leviticus 27:28; Jeremiah 30:21; Colossians 4:2; Titus 3:8b)

May they desire more than anything else to follow You, setting their hearts and souls on seeking You. Help them move from strength to strength, faith to faith, and glory to glory. May their love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else. (Psalm 84:5; 1 Chronicles 22:19; Psalm 84:7; Romans 1:17; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 1 Thessalonians 3:12)

In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members

Graduation Prayer

Anonymous

Father,

I have knowledge, so will You show me now,

How to use it wisely and find a way somehow

To make the world I live in a little better place,

And make life with its problems a little bit easier to face.

Grant me faith and courage and put purpose in my days,

And show me how to serve Thee in effective ways.

So my education, my knowledge and my skill

May find their true fulfillment as I learn to do Thy will.

And may I ever be aware in everything I do,

That knowledge comes from learning, and wisdom comes from You.

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

For Our Community and Nation

Anonymous

For our Bishop, and for all the clergy and people, let us pray to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy.

For our President, for the leaders of the nations, and for all in authority, let us pray to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy.

For this city (town, village, _______), for every city and community, and for those who live in them, let us pray to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy.

phkrause

• Members

Entering Into the Gate of Heaven

John Donne

Bring us, O Lord God, at our last awakening,

into the house and gate of heaven,

to enter into that gate, and dwell in that house where there shall be

no darkness nor dazzling, but one equal light;

no noise nor silence, but one equal music;

no fears nor hopes, but one equal possession;

no ends nor beginnings, but one equal eternity;

in the habitation of thy glory and dominion,

world without end. Amen.

phkrause

http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/mobile/?gclid=CKXvnaLZhr8CFQWTfgodp1sAbg

Quote:
“Dear Lord Jesus,

I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will.

In your name, amen.”

God cares! Jesus saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Let Me See Release From My Addiction

Maureen Pratt

O Lord, with each new day, help me to be strong and continue to trust you.

Bring into my eyes and heart

an honesty that sees my true situation

and finds support in your goodness and guidance.

Let me see release from my addiction

and a renewed joy in living from this day forward.

phkrause

• Members

In Time of Need

Anonymous

Heavenly Father,

in my present need,

help me to believe

that you are aware of my anxiety

and will do what is best for me.

Give me the strength to trust you

and put the present and future in your hands.

Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Travelers

Anonymous

For those who travel on land, on water, or in the air [or through outer space], let us pray to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy.

phkrause

• Members

Taking Refuge in God

St. Augustine

Lord Jesus, let me know myself and know Thee,

And desire nothing save only Thee.

Let me hate myself and love Thee.

Let me do everything for the sake of Thee.

Let me humble myself and exalt Thee.

Let me think nothing except Thee.

Let me die to myself and live in Thee.

Let me accept whatever happens as from Thee.

Let me banish self and follow Thee,

and ever desire to follow Thee.

Let me fly from myself and take refuge in Thee,

that I may deserve to be defended by Thee.

Let me fear for myself, let me fear Thee,

and let me be among those who are chosen by Thee.

Let me distrust myself and put my trust in Thee.

Let me be willing to obey for the sake of Thee.

Let me cling to nothing save only to Thee,

and let me be poor because of Thee.

Look upon me, that I may love Thee.

Call me that I may see Thee,

And forever enjoy Thee.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Healing After an Abortion

John 15:9-12

Father God,

My heart is torn apart. I do not understand why this happened to me. I have no strength left in me. I have no consolation in my heart and I cry to You for help Father. The Bible says that the Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. Comfort me Lord, because all my dreams are shattered. My hope is lost and I find total darkness in front of me.

Lord, help me to bear this agony and the mental stress due to this and restore to me, Your joy and peace of mind. I know that Your ways are wonderful. Lead me by Your Spirit into deeper spiritual experiences and make my life a fruitful one. Lord, I commend every thought and every situation of mine into Your loving hands. Thank You Father for being with me during these hard times and for Your assurances of joy and peace.

phkrause

• Members

For Our Community and Nation

Anonymous

For our Bishop, and for all the clergy and people, let us pray to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy.

For our President, for the leaders of the nations, and for all in authority, let us pray to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy.

For this city (town, village, _______), for every city and community, and for those who live in them, let us pray to the Lord.

Lord, have mercy.

phkrause

• Members

23rd Psalm for Recovering Alcoholics

Author Unknown

The Lord is my sponsor, I shall not want.

He makes me to go to many meetings.

He leads me to sit back, relax, and listen with an open mind, He restores my soul, my sanity, and my health.

He leads me in the path of sobriety, serenity, and fellowship for my own sake.

He teaches me to think, to take it easy, to live and let live, and do first things first.

He makes me more humble and grateful.

He teaches me to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and gives me the wisdom to know the difference.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of despair, frustration, guilt, and remorse, I will fear no evil.

For Thou are with me, your program, your way of life, your twelve steps, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies: rationalization, fear, anxiety, self-pity, resentment.

You anoint my confused mind and jangled nerves with knowledge, understanding, and hope.

No longer am I alone, neither am I afraid, nor sickened, nor helpless, nor hopeless.

My cups runs over,

Surely sobriety and serenity shall follow me every day of my life, one day at a time, twenty-four hours at a time.

As I surrender my will to You and carry Your message to others, I will dwell in the house of Higher Power, as I understand him, one day at a time, forever and ever.

Amen

phkrause