ClubAdventist is back!

Prayers

phkrause

• Members

Luther's Evening Prayer

Martin Luther

My Heavenly Father, I thank You, through Jesus Christ, Your beloved Son, that You have protected me, by Your grace. Forgive, I pray, all my sins and the evil I have done. Protect me, by Your grace, tonight. I put myself in your care, body and soul and all that I have. Let Your holy angels be with me, so that the evil enemy will not gain power over me. Amen.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Prayer for Protection

St. Augustine

Blessed are thy Saints, O God and King, who have traveled over the tempestuous sea of this mortal life, and have made the harbour of peace and felicity. Watch over us who are still in our dangerous voyage; and remember such as lie exposed to the rough storms of trouble and temptations. Frail is our vessel, and the ocean is wide; but as in thy mercy thou hast set our course, so steer the vessel of our life toward the everlasting shore of peace, and bring us at length to the quiet haven of our heart's desire, where thou, O our God, are blessed, and livest and reignest for ever and ever.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Prayer for a Baby Who Died

Vienna Cobb Anderson

She was so small,

so beautiful,

so full of hope and promise.

What a blessing she has been

to all of us who knew her

those few short months.

She taught us to love,

to hope beyond expectation,

to trust in that which is unseen.

She drew us together

in our anxiety,

our moments of despairing and hopelessness,

as well as in our joys and delight,

and in her every breath.

Her life ended prematurely;

just so had she been born.

Too soon she died.

We wept.

The tears continue.

We hugged

and held one another.

The pain will always linger.

Our hearts emptier

for her absence

and the unfulfilled dreams

she promised.

But the love she brought

into our lives will live forever.

Thank you for giving her to us.

Thank you for the blessing

that she will always be.

Thank you for the love we

would never have known,

but for her

and her brief days with us.

Thank you for _____,

our blessed child of grace.

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Make Me Brave for Life

Author Unknown

God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.

Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain,

Shining and lovely again.

God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.

As the blown grass lifts, let me rise

From sorrow with quiet eyes,

Knowing Thy way is wise.

God, make me brave, life brings

Such blinding things.

Help me to keep my sight;

Help me to see aright

That out of dark comes light.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for People With AIDS

Vienna Cobb Anderson

Hear our prayer, O God of mercy and love,

for all who suffer with AIDS.

Grant unto them tender and loving companions

who will support them in the midst of fear.

Give them hope for each day to come

that every day may be lived with courage and faith.

Bless them with an abundance of your love

that they may live with concern for others

and not be obsessed with their own illness.

Pour upon them the peace and wholeness

which you alone can give.

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

The Blessing of Unanswered Prayers

Unknown Confederate soldier

I asked for strength that I might achieve;

I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things;

I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;

I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;

I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;

I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I had asked for,

but eveything that I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;

I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Renewal

Psalms 51: 9-12

Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer of Repentance

Anonymous

Merciful God,

we have sinned

in what we have thought and said,

in the wrong we have done

and in the good we have not done.

We have sinned in ignorance:

we have sinned in weakness:

we have sinned through our own deliberate fault.

We are truly sorry.

We repent and turn to you.

Forgive us, for our Saviour Christ's sake,

and renew our lives to the glory of your name.

phkrause

• Members

Twenty-Third Psalm

Psalms 23: 1-6

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

He makes me lie down in green pastures;

he leads me beside still waters;

he restores my soul.

He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley,

I fear no evil;

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff--they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me

in the presence of my enemies;

you anoint my head with oil;

my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me

all the days of my life,

and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord

my whole life long.

phkrause

• Members

Celebrating Every Freckle

Heather Kopp

Dear God,

As You know, some days I wish

I looked different than I do.

How good it is to be reminded, Lord,

that You had me -- exactly this me--

in mind long before I came to exist!

So today I present myself to You

with a grateful heart.

Help me to be a good steward of my body.

Because You designed it,

I want to celebrate, nurture, and respect it.

By Your power at work in me,

I praise You for every molecule, gene, and freckle!

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for a Child Who Has Been Molested

Vienna Cobb Anderson

Most loving God,

she has been severely wounded,

hurt beyond words

with the betrayal of trust,

physical violence and abuse,

and the absence of love.

Bless her

with the abundance of your love

and with the support of your loving people

who will help heal the wounds,

restore confidence and trust,

and teach her

to love again;

in the name of Jesus Christ

we pray. Amen

phkrause

• Members

Christmas Prayer

Anonymous

Glory to You, O Christ our God, glory to You!

May Christ our True God, whose Nativity we celebrate, through the intercessions of His holy and pure Mother, through the power of the life giving Cross, through the protection of the Angelic Powers, through the prayers of St. John the Baptist, the supplications of the Holy Apostles, Martyrs, Fathers and Mothers of our Faith, and all the saints, have mercy on us and save us.

Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God have mercy on us and save us.

phkrause

• Members

Christmas Prayer

Anonymous

Glory to You, O Christ our God, glory to You!

May Christ our True God, whose Nativity we celebrate, through the intercessions of His holy and pure Mother, through the power of the life giving Cross, through the protection of the Angelic Powers, through the prayers of St. John the Baptist, the supplications of the Holy Apostles, Martyrs, Fathers and Mothers of our Faith, and all the saints, have mercy on us and save us.

Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, Lord Jesus Christ our God have mercy on us and save us.

so we're praying to the Virgin Mary now, are we?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Wasn't sure if I should post that prayer or not. Anyway what can I say. :(

phkrause

• Members

To Learn and Use God's Word

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I'm praying that (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends will desire to memorize Scripture...

Help them meditate on Your Word. Use it to transform and renew their minds, to show them the old they need to put off in their lives and the new truths and ways of life to put on. Help them to see and respect the Bible for the living and active Word i is, able to penetrate hearts and judge a person's thoughts and attitudes. (Psalm 119:78b; Romans 12:2; Ephesians 4:22-24; Hebrews 4:12)

May they find the discipline to learn Your Word and live by it— and may it keep their lives pure. Help them to live according to Your principles, holding Your Word in their hearts so they won't give in to temptation and sin against You. May they remember and apply Scriptures to their lives, for Your Word will set them free to say no to every temptation. (Psalm 119:9, 11, 112; John 8:32)

Help them to know and learn to use the Scriptures as effectively as Jesus did—to defeat Satan by quoting Scripture when he tries to tempt them. Help them be ready, learning verses that will bring victory over the temptations they face and lifting them in prayer like a sword! (Job 22:22; Proverbs 3:1; Matthew 4:1–11; Psalm 119:16; Ephesians 6:17–18)

Teach them to depend on Your Word.

In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members

Child's Prayer

Traditional

Dear Father, hear and bless

Thy beasts and singing birds:

And guard with tenderness

Small things that have no words.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer on Being Made Redundant

anonymous

Redundant’ – the word says it all - ‘useless, unnecessary, without purpose, surplus to requirements.’ Thank you, Heavenly Father, that in the middle of the sadness, the anger, the uncertainty, the pain, I can talk to you. Hear me as I cry out in confusion, help me to think clearly, and calm my soul. As life carries on, may I know your presence with me each and every day. And as I look to the future, help me to look for fresh opportunities, for new directions. Guide me by your Spirit, and show me your path, through Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Marriage

Anonymous

Most gracious God, we give you thanks for your tender love in sending Jesus Christ to come among us, to be born of a human mother, and to make the way of the cross to be the way of life.

We thank you, also, for consecrating the union of man and woman in his Name.

By the power of your Holy Spirit, pour out the abundance of your blessing upon this man and this woman.

Defend them from every enemy.

Lead them into all peace.

Let their love for each other be a seal upon their hearts, a mantle about their shoulders, and a crown upon their foreheads.

Bless them in their work and in their companionship; in their sleeping and in their waking; in their joys and in their sorrows; in their life and in their death.

Finally, in your mercy, bring them to that table where your saints feast for ever in your heavenly home; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Comfort in Christ

Anonymous

Christ is shepherd over you,

Enfolding you on every side.

Christ will not forsake you, hand or foot,

Nor let evil come near you.

phkrause

• Members

The Great Invocation

Anonymous

From the point of Light within the Mind of God

Let light stream forth into the minds of men.

Let Light descend on Earth.

From the point of Love within the Heart of God

Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.

May Christ return to Earth.

From the centre where the Will of God is known

Let purpose guide the little wills of men --

The purpose which the Masters know and serve.

From the centre which we call the race of men

Let the Plan of Love and Light work out

And may it seal the door where evil dwells.

Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Women Who Have Miscarried

Vienna Cobb Anderson

Most loving God,

losing a child is devastating.

Bless all women,

and especially _____,

who have had a miscarriage.

Comfort them in their loss.

Give them hope

for children to come.

Bless them with an abundance of love

that as their bodies heal,

so too may their hearts.

Give then the courage to face each new day

in the confidence of your love;

in the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Think on These Things

Philippians 4

Whatsoever things are true,

Whatsoever things are honorable,

Whatsoever things are just,

Whatsoever things are pure,

Whatsoever things are lovely,

Whatsoever things are of good report;

If there be any virtue,

And if there be any praise,

Think on these things.

phkrause

• Members

Psalm of Comfort

Psalms 42: 1-7

As the deer longs for the water-brooks,

so longs my soul for you, O God.

My soul is athirst for God, athirst for the living God;

when shall I come to appear before the presence of God?

My tears have been my food day and night,

while all day long they say to me, "Where now is your God?"

I pour out my soul when I think on these things;

how I went with the multitude and led them into the house of God,

With the voice of praise and thanksgiving,

among those who keep holy-day.

Why are you so full of heaviness, O my soul?

and why are you so disquieted within me?

Put your trust in God;

for I will yet give thanks to him, who is the help of my countenance, and my God.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for the Leaders of Our Country

anonymous

Today I pray for our nation. I ask that you would give our President wisdom beyond his own understanding and the courage to chose the right path no matter how narrow the gate. I pray for all in authority over us that you would give them the grace and strength to stand against the temptation to use power as a weapon but rather to carry it reverently as one would a child. I pray for the spiritual leaders of our country that they would hear your voice and know your heart. I pray that they would lead from their knees and by that simple grace bring each one of us to our knees before your throne. Have mercy on our nation Lord, In Jesus name, Amen

phkrause

• Members

Thank You for Strawberries

Heather Kopp

Thank You, God,

for giving us food of all kinds,

shapes, colors, aromas, textures, and flavors.

I praise You for strawberries!

And I delight in crisp yellow peppers and juicy oranges!

I praise You for giving us taste buds--

You didn't have to do that!

I praise You also for those edible pleasures

that I sometimes abuse.

Today I ask for the grace

to appreciate the daily sustenance You give me

and to appreciate it so much that I don't feel the need to be greedy.

Maker of everything delicious,

all day long I will notice Your genius and generosity,

and I will honor You with my appetites and my attitude. Amen.

phkrause