ClubAdventist is back!

Prayers

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Forgiveness

Anonymous

Forgive me my sins, O Lord; forgive me the sins of my youth and the sins of mine age, the sins of my soul and the sins of my body, my secret and my whispering sins, the sins I have done to please myself and the sins I have done to please others. Forgive those sins which I know, and the sins which I know not; forgive them, O Lord, forgive them all of Thy great goodness. Amen

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Amen & amen

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

Prayer for the Beginning of the Day

St. Philaret of Moscow

O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace, help me in all things to rely upon your holy will. In every hour of the day reveal your will to me. Bless my dealings with all who surround me. Teach me to treat all that comes to throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that your will governs all. In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings. In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by you. Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring. Direct my will, teach me to pray. And you, yourself, pray in me. Amen.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Prayer for Anxious People

Jim & Kaye Johns

Father, I pray for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends who are carrying heavy loads...

Your Word says an anxious heart weighs a person down, and this is how I think they must feel—as if they're carrying heavy loads, more than they can bear. When they feel upset and beside themselves, calm them down and comfort them with the assurance of Your love. Help them not be overwhelmed by anxious thoughts. (Proverbs 12:25a; Psalm 94:19)

Our hearts are not supposed to be troubled; but that's their struggle—help them trust You and the Lord Jesus, as I know they must. Help them understand that You are the One who makes a way when things seem impossible; nothing is too hard for You! (John 14:27; Isaiah 43:19; Jeremiah 32:17; Luke 1:37)

Help them be faithful to You and to the way You want them to live, for You guard the lives of those who are faithful; You protect them and never turn away from them. Help them know You as their fortress, as the rock in whom they take refuge, as One who is good, whose love endures forever, whose faithfulness continues through all generations. (Psalm 97:10; Proverbs 2:8; Psalm 37:28; 94:22; 100:5)

In Jesus' name, amen.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Women Who Have Miscarried

Vienna Cobb Anderson

Most loving God,

losing a child is devastating.

Bless all women,

and especially _____,

who have had a miscarriage.

Comfort them in their loss.

Give them hope

for children to come.

Bless them with an abundance of love

that as their bodies heal,

so too may their hearts.

Give then the courage to face each new day

in the confidence of your love;

in the name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Workplace Prayer

Beliefnet member fowiso

My Heavenly father, as I enter this workplace I bring your presence with me. I speak your peace, your grace, your mercy, and your perfect order in this office. I acknowledge your power over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and done within these walls.

Lord, I thank you for the gifts you have blessed me with. I commit to using them responsibly in your honor. Give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job. Anoint my projects, ideas, and energy so that even my smallest accomplishment may bring you glory.

Lord, when I am confused guide me. When I am burned out infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy, and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.

phkrause

• Members

Show Me the Path to Health

Heather Kopp

Dear God,

I admit that I have come to both love

and hate the word "diet."

On the one hand, it represents hope for change.

On the other, it's like a sign flashing "Failure ahead!"

I don't want to embark on another faulty plan, Lord.

I want to embark on a journey with You

that is led by You and depends on Your power.

I can do nothing on my own!

Show me the path that will enable me to change.

Show me, as only You can,

what works for me, what is healthy for me.

I want to think of this venture in positive terms, Lord --

not that I am signing up to be miserable or in want.

I want to learn to feed my body what it truly needs when it truly needs it.

And to feed my soul with the Bread of Life -- You!

Today I place my future, my failures, my setbacks,

all of my hopes and plans into Your hands.

There alone will I find meaning

and true success in my life.

Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Let Me See Release From My Addiction

Maureen Pratt

O Lord, with each new day, help me to be strong and continue to trust you.

Bring into my eyes and heart

an honesty that sees my true situation

and finds support in your goodness and guidance.

Let me see release from my addiction

and a renewed joy in living from this day forward.

phkrause

• Members

The Lord Is Thy Keeper

Psalms 121: 1-8

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help [cometh] from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord [is] thy keeper: the Lord [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.

The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth,

and even for evermore.

phkrause

• Members

Nighttime Prayer

Anonymous

My God, I love You with all my heart. I thank You for having kept me safe this day. Pardon me the evil I have done, and accept the good I have done. Take care of me while I sleep and deliver me from all danger. May Your grace be always with me and with all my loved ones. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

A Thankful Yet Fretful Heart

anonymous

Dear Lord, I come with a thankful, yet fearful heart; thankful for your generous provision in the past, yet fearful of the uncertainty that surrounds me today. In the midst of this trial I ask not only for my daily bread, but also for my spiritual bread – the faith to wait patiently when your timing is not my timing – the wisdom to know the difference between my wants and my needs – and the gratitude that flows from remembering that every good and perfect gift I’ve ever received has come from your hand.

phkrause

• Members

Source of All Good

James Martineau

Source of all good! Day by day are thy blessings renewed to us; and again we come with thankful hearts to seek the sense of thy presence. O that we could be reborn like the morning, and our love rise as fresh as the dawn, and our obedience be as sure as the path of the sun.

For even as we seek to commune with thee, shadows from our past dim the joy of our aspiration. We remember our thoughtless lives, our impatient tempers, our selfish aims; and yet we know that thou has neither made us blind like the creatures that have no sin, nor left us without holy guidance--thy still, small voice speaking in our inmost conscience and thine open word, having dwelt among us full of grace and truth, appealing to us to choose the better part.

Take us now to serve thee in newness of spirit, and sweep away with a holy breath every dust of care, every trace of fear, every taint of an uncharitable mind.

phkrause

• Members

Giving Thanks to the Lord

Psalms 118: 19-29

Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the Lord.

This is the gate of the Lord; the righteous shall enter through it.

I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation.

The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.

This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Save us, we beseech you, O Lord! O Lord, we beseech you, give us success!

Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.

We bless you from the house of the Lord.

The Lord is God, and he has given us light. Bind the festal procession with branches, up to the horns of the altar.

You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God, I will extol you.

O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.

phkrause

• Members

Bless the Lord

Psalms 134

Behold now, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,

you that stand by night in the house of the Lord.

Lift up your hands in the holy place and bless the Lord;

the Lord who made heaven and earth bless you out of Zion.

phkrause

• Members

For the Poor and Neglected

Anonymous

Almighty and most merciful God, we remember before you all poor and neglected persons whom it would be easy for us to forget: the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick, and all who have none to care for them. Help us to heal those who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow into joy. Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for our sake became poor, Jesus Christ our Lord.

phkrause

• Members

Your Love and Your Grace

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Take, O Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding and my will; all that I have and possess. You have given them to me; to you, O Lord, I restore them. All things are yours: Dispose of them according to your will. Give me your love and your grace; for this is enough for me.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for a Baptism

Anonymous

Almighty God, who by our baptism into the death and resurrection of thy Son Jesus Christ dost turn us from the old life of sin: Grant that we, being reborn to new life in him, may live in righteousness and holiness all our days; through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

Morning Prayer

Author Unknown

Dear Lord,

So far I've done all right.

I haven't gossipped,

haven't lost my temper,

haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent.

I'm really glad about that.

But in a few minutes, God,

I'm going to get out of bed.

And from then on,

I'm going to need a lot more help.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Ash Wednesday

Anonymous

God of the desert, as we follow Jesus into the unknown, may we recognise the tempter when he comes; let it be your bread we eat, your world we serve and you alone we worship.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Victims of Terrorism

Anonymous

Loving God,

Welcome into your arms the victims of violence and terrorism.

Comfort their families and all who grieve for them.

Help us in our fear and uncertainty,

And bless us with the knowledge that we are secure in your love.

Strengthen all those who work for peace,

And may the peace the world cannot give reign in our hearts.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer for Protection

St. Augustine

Blessed are thy Saints, O God and King, who have traveled over the tempestuous sea of this mortal life, and have made the harbour of peace and felicity. Watch over us who are still in our dangerous voyage; and remember such as lie exposed to the rough storms of trouble and temptations. Frail is our vessel, and the ocean is wide; but as in thy mercy thou hast set our course, so steer the vessel of our life toward the everlasting shore of peace, and bring us at length to the quiet haven of our heart's desire, where thou, O our God, are blessed, and livest and reignest for ever and ever.

phkrause

• Members

Prayer to Overcome Depression

Beliefnet member newlifelooker

Dear Lord, I am suffering from depression and anxiety disorder. Thank you for giving me the medical attention that has helped place my soul back into my skin. Give all of us who suffer this stress the courage and strength to trust you and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us. You love and through your love all things are possible. In Jesus' name we praise you. Amen

phkrause

• Members

Prayer Before an Operation

Anonymous

Strengthen your servant ____, O God, to do what he/she has to do and bear what he/she has to bear; that, accepting your healing gifts through the skill of surgeons and nurses, he/she may be restored to usefulness in your world with a thankful heart; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

phkrause

• Members

I Am Afraid of Death

Maureen Pratt

O Lord, I am human and I am afraid of death.

Help me calm my soul and heart

and prepare my spirit for moving from this life

into the glorious eternity that you have promised,

into the heaven where I will dwell with you forever!

phkrause

• Members

May We Appreciate and Remember

Beliefnet member LisetteFC

Today may we appreciate this food and remember those who are hungry.

May we appreciate our family and friends and remember those who are alone.

May we appreciate our health and remember those who are sick.

May we appreciate the freedoms we have and remember those who suffer injustice and tyranny.

Peace on earth.

phkrause